NEC Technologies India

Updated Nov 15, 2014
Updated Nov 15, 2014

3.4

Software Developer Interview

There was an aptitude test and a basic programming test.Aptitude test was of a very good level while the programming test was pretty basic.It was then followed by another coding test where we had to write codes on given problems.Then there were two rounds of technical interview and one round of HR interview.

Software Developer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at NEC Technologies India in November 2014.

1.Written test(c & apti)- 20 questions in each section including pointers macro structures and strings
    2.programming round they give 4 problems in c on strings and data structure.
    3.Technical Interview1 ask to explain those programs and ask question on each subject which you have studied in btech.
    4.Technical interview 2 c in depth

Member of Technical Staff Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at NEC Technologies India in September 2014.

1. Pre-Placement Talk
    2. Aptitude test. Paper consisted of 2 sections. First section had basic quant (consult RS Aggarwal only) questions and the second section consisted of C programming questions. Most of the questions were from pointers.
    3. First technical round- Checks ur base. Basic questions on sorting, virtual memory, functions, memory management techniques (paging & segmentation), quicksort, functions. intro of urs.
    4. Second tech round- About you. virtual memory again. Prepare for OS questions.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult but, unexpected. What would u check before buying a computer/laptop. question on processors like what is dual core, cache m/m, throughput of processors.

Given a text file, I want the words to be scanned from it, along with their occurrences, sort them in descending order, & display the top 10 words.
      My head dint work at that moment as I was nervous. All I cud say was it involved linked lists. :P

NOTE: do not get nervous in the interview people, he won't say anything.
      Best of luck

View Answer

Software Developer Interview

the whole process was mismanaged and made 1000 students wait for 7hr before giving 1st round of aptitude and all students were discarded as they got the required students in first slot.difficulty level of both aptitude and C language was high.

Interview Questions
    • questions about typedef and union in C.   View Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pānīpat (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pānīpat (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at NEC Technologies India in August 2014.

It was a offcampus drive at PIET(Panipat Institute Of Engineering and Technology).
    1st Round- Objective(Aptitude and C)
    Time: 1 hour
    No. of questions : 30
    Level - Quite Tough
    Marking: 1 mark for correct answer and 0.25 negative for wrong answer
    Important Topics: Pointers,Storage Class specifiers in C

Total around 800 people attendened the drive, out of them 70 cleared the first round(i was one of them)

2nd Round: Subjective
    We had to write 3 codes in 50 minutes.
    1st Ques: minimum of arrary using recursion
    2nd Ques: number of occurences of one string in another string.
    3rd Ques: something related to doubly linked lists

Out of 70, 17 cleared this round(i was not one of them).
    Those 17 had to go through 2 more rounds of interviews.

Interview Questions
    • The level of interview is very tough and to much competition consider only small package the company
      is offering(3.25 LPA)

Answer Question

Senior Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at NEC Technologies India.

Just made fool on the process. They practically take interviews when they want to solve their technical problem. They will ask only these questions.

We can only offer this salary. Take it now, I will increase on special consideration in 3 months. This never happened on 2years.

ASE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at NEC Technologies India.

amcat test, technical, hr interviews

Interview Questions
    yes, if you don't consider for salary

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at NEC Technologies India in June 2013.

Among all the companies I've interviewed till now, I had my worst experience here. Far far worse than anyone else. Their HR department sucks - heights of mismanagement, and they don't value your time AT ALL!

The questions asked were not difficult. Throughout, they mainly asked questions from C,Operating Systems, basic Data Structures and Networks.

The company came to our college for recruitment. They took a preliminary test including questions based on C, Operating System Concepts, Quantitative Aptitude, Logical Reasoning and some verbal reasoning. They took off after taking the test, said they will release the names of shortlisted students next day. Well, it took around 10 days for that!

We were called for interview at 9:00 AM. We gave a subjective test, where were supposed to write some programs. After that interview process started. Inspite of being very few people, they made me wait for 6 hours for interview. The interviewer was nice and friendly overall. They didn't scheduled or planned anything leading to all this chaos. Due to lack of time, next round of interview for scheduled for some unknown day x. Few days later they told us the dates. However, just a day before that they postponed it for some another unknown date.

After a lot of nagging, we got date around 15 days later. We were called at 11 AM. First interview started after 3-4 hours. It took, them 5-6 hours to call me for interview. This was supposed to be last interview however due to HR's stupidy, they retook the same round of interview - hence a couple of us were asked to come again for Round 2. So this day was complete waste of time.

Again, company was completely oblivious to this recruitment. After several nagging for days, we got dates. Again waiting. I waited after office hours, because managers were busy in some meeting (why the hell, would you call us so early then!). The last round was disaster. The guy seemed like he didn't want to take interview and just wanted to go home acting all weird. He was throughout the process, rather than trying to test my knowledge was trying to prove myself wrong by not listening. Then came the stupid puzzles which were like hit and miss. Anyway, even though I knew I wasn't selected - I had to confirm myself from HR deptt after few days. They can't even bother to send a reply saying you are not selected.

This entire process took 2 months. There was hell lot of waiting, they didn't value your time at all and salary they offered was mediocre 3.25lpa CTC

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was unexpected other than unusual number of puzzles asked during last technical round.   View Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at NEC Technologies India in March 2013.

There are 3 rounds:
    1. Aptitude cum technical ( written) : Questions on C and aptitude
    2. Technical face to face interview : There were 2 technical interviews. First was 1:1 and second was panel interview.
    3. HR interview: Once you clear those Technical rounds, your chance of getting the job is very high

Interview Questions
    • In technical round, they ask questions from nearly all the subjects : Data structure, Computer networks, Operating system, database etc. Be prepared with all these subjects.
      eg.. How to find the center element of a linked list?
      What is the virtual memory?

Answer Question

Module Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at NEC Technologies India in December 2012.

First written test containing aptitude and technical multiple choice questions on C. Then 5 programming questions.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult question. Just they ask about your earlier projects.   Answer Question
    They negotiate a lot. Always ask what post they are offering.