NEON

Candidate Interview Review

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at NEON in June 2012.

The phone interview was fine and the hiring manager seemed nice. I was brought in for a 1:1 interview followed by a panel and the 1:1 was great but the panel was, in a word, difficult. I am not an engineer but the position was in the engineering department. They chose to relentlessly ask me questions about engineering to which I reiterated that I was not an engineer but this is how I understood the concept, etc. They continued and eventually the interview spiraled out-of-control with the panel outright mocking me. It was clear I was not a good fit for the position and that's fine it sometimes happens that a job description is written in an ambigous way but I thought that they should have ended the interview early rather than create a hostile experience for me. If you are concidering working for NEON I would actively discourage you from applying.

Interview Questions