NEPC Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at NEPC

Analyst Interview

I was contacted by HR, who were exceptionally professional throughout the entire recruitment process. Normal first round phone interviews focused on topical issues of the industry and the position, as well as standard HR stuff. Then, one of the interviewers forgets to call me! I was a bit annoyed as it is difficult to get time off in the middle of the week in the industry, but these things happen...

It was when I was asked to come in for interviews, when things took an odd turn. The first interviewer had his feet on the desk while asking me totally random questions. Another interviewer, the one who had forgotten my phone interview, started off by telling me about the other career opportunities (in other companies) had zero interest in interviewing me. After that, I did not hold too much hope for the other interviews, among which was an old school finance guy who aggressively challenged everything I said, and the head of the department, who was actually pretty solid and organized. In addition, I met briefly with some of their other employees, who were nice and professional, as far as I was able to tell.

I was confused after the interviews, as while I couldn’t help laughing at some of the interviewers, I was mad that I wasted two full days in total for this type of company while simultaneously forced to put in 80-hour weeks in my job at the time. Obviously, I did not get the position and it took forever for them to inform me about their decision.

I would recommend looking somewhere else first, if you have a chance, as most of the NEPC professionals that I met were absolutely not tier 1 guys, and you might have better opportunities somewhere else.

Performance Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at NEPC.

Very long process that has you interviewing multiple times over the phone. Only one face to face interview. There is a skills test that isn't difficult at all.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult, all cookie cutter questions that are predictable and that you should already have an answer for   Answer Question
    No negotiations, they give a very comprehensive offer that is satisfactory.

Analyst Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at NEPC in August 2010.

Open Interview format. Consisted of a presentation followed by a skills test. Afterward was a 1 on 1 interview with a HR staff member followed by a 1 on 1 interview with a potential manager. The skills test was very simple and included basic finance knowledge as well as some simple algebra. Interviews consisted of background info and cookbook interview questions.

Performance Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at NEPC in April 2008.

first you have an interview with the managers followed by some of your potentail co-workers. If that goes well then you will come in again and meet with some partners and take a test. If all goes well they will make you an offer

Interview Questions

Worked for NEPC? Contribute to the Community!