NETGEAR

there was none

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at NETGEAR in July 2013.

Phone interview, hiring manager is cordial and have a long conversation

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at NETGEAR in January 2012.

reverse a linked list.

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NETGEAR in September 2008.

I got the first interview throught a recruiter. Had a phone interview wih the hiring manager who asked me about relevant skills and experience. Then he brought me in for an entire day to meet with team members individually for one hour at a time. A few days later, had a final interview with the hiring manager's boss who wasn't avalable during my day visit.

Interview Questions
    • For an existing packaging, what's done well and what would you improve?   Answer Question

Certification Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at NETGEAR.

Applied through university. Interview arranged in office. Casual and informal. Know your resume well and be confident about your accomplishments. Most questions based on explaining your previous experiences? Different engineers take turns to ask you questions. Some other teams such as firmware ask basic technical questions. Nothing too complicated. You will hear back from them in a day or two depending on the team you apply to.

Interview Questions
    • How will you go about solving a problem if engineers are too busy?   Answer Question
    Do not negotiate as an intern

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NETGEAR in November 2013.

I applied through school's co-op and I got an interview scheduled in about 2 weeks. I had an interview with one of their project manager and he was very professional and polite. Interview was lasted about half an hour. Many questions about my university life and projects that I had worked on. He went through my resume line-by-line, and he asked me lots of questions on school projects.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at NETGEAR in December 2012.

Interview was taken by 2 guys through phone to India location - the questions were indepth and related to design and development issues as well as algorithm based. However, there is no coherence, the interview was scheduled and rescheduled multiple times before the call actually happened. Both the interviewers were polite but asked tough questions on C / Linux and indepth

Interview Questions
    • Linux multi threading, why spinlock instead of Mutex, inter task sync - in depth questions related to these fields   Answer Question

Netgear India does not exist - There is currently a company Mars telecoms which is the ODC for Netgear - They have an office in Bangalore which has a board "Netgear" and they try to cheat people by saying they are in-fact Netgear India - I was offered 40 % hike - turns out its 10 % actual salary and 30 % company performance and individual performance - absolute rip-off these guys

Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NETGEAR in December 2012.

I sent them my resume via post. and they called me back. with my salary expectation and about interview.

Interview Questions
    • How student felt in my class when I was teacher at my previous job   View Answer

Senior Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at NETGEAR in May 2012.

Couple of rounds. Or join Tata Elsxi. You will go there as a contractor easily.

Interview Questions
    • Actually nothing. It's only basics. Basic switching operation, VLAN, Ethernet and wifi mac headers, CSMA/CA   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. We joined from Firetide as a team of 18 people. They had a deal - Either join Netgear or be without a job.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at NETGEAR in January 2012.

The interview process is very long. It started with a phone interview which last about 30 minutes. It took head hunter 10 days to call back for an on-site 1:1 interview. I met 4 persons including the hiring manager in one afternoon. All interviewers are from engineering organization, no HR. A few of them asked for very detail technical questions. I was able to answer most of them.
    I didn't hear from them for 10 days. Then they called to arrange another on-site interview. I met 4 people again in the second visit. These 4 people apparently were working under another manager. They must passed my resume internally to another team. Anyway, the interview format is the same as last time.