NEXON

NEXON Interview Questions

Updated Nov 14, 2014
Updated Nov 14, 2014

Producer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NEXON.

A recruiter at Nexon reached out to me. The interview included a written proficiency test (relatively basic, with some creative elements), a video game proficiency test that tested your ability to understand the mechanics of creating a game (out of my realm of my knowledge but I made it through) and an in-person interview with two of the people in the content department.

Interview Questions
    • why would you be passionate about creating content for nexon   Answer Question

I had already received another job offer

Localization Project Manager Interview

- Does a leader need power or authority? How do you influence people?
    - How open-minded are you to other members ideas?
    - What's the best movie you've seen in the last year?
    - How do you think you can make a contribution to Riot Games?
    - Do you prefer to work independently or on a team?
    - How did you handle meeting a tight deadline?
    - What is the difference between a good position and an excellent one?

Interview Questions
    • - Does a leader need power or authority? How do you influence people?
      - How open-minded are you to other members ideas?
      - What's the best movie you've seen in the last year?
      - How do you think you can make a contribution to Riot Games?
      - Do you prefer to work independently or on a team?
      - How did you handle meeting a tight deadline?
      - What is the difference between a good position and an excellent one?

Answer Question

QA Tester Interview

I applied online – interviewed at NEXON.

Was asked a series of questions ranging from old job to why I was interested in working at Nexon. I don't think any question was too tough or really had to be thought about to be answered. It was fairly informal and quick.

Interview Questions
    • What would I do in a certain scenario but since this was my first time in the industry, I could not really give an answer.   View Answer
    Not much... They just tell you what you are going to make and they tell you what to expect and answer all your questions.

Interaction Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at NEXON in June 2013.

I had one phone screen with a recruiter and an in-person with the Sr. UX Designer, the Creative Lead and the Director of the Creative Department. I spent 20 minutes going over my portfolio and answered a few questions about work style etc. The whole thing took a little over an hour.

Interview Questions
    I was called back in 2 days and offered the job and negotiated my salary up $5K because I was thinking of accepting another offer.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at NEXON in February 2011.

After submitting an online application, I received a call from HR who discussed the basics of the position and asked me more about myself. They said they would call me back if they wanted an interview, which they did. I met with HR first and then met with the Mgr of the Dpt that I would be interning for. Interview lasted about 30 mins and was contacted shortly after to intern. Overall the intern experience was good and I met a lot of cool people. The work environment is very laid back and there were many perks to the job.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at NEXON in November 2010.

Talk with supervisor of company along with manager and senior positions of department

Interview Questions
    They offer a certain salary which is a lot lower than the usual median salary, and you negotiate something higher. Usually ends up being on the lower end.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seongnam (South Korea)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seongnam (South Korea)

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at NEXON.

If your resume is passed by HR, there are 3 interviews to hire. As programmer, technical interview is first. and there is interview by HR and a team which you applied.

Interview Questions
    • There are many techincal interviewees. and they make technical questions each by each. But, algorithm, data structure and computer language, especially, C/C++/C# are very important.   Answer Question

Associate Production Manager Interview

resume -> phone interview

MWLB Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at NEXON.

Applied vie email and was to answer basic questions as to why I would be a good candidate, then questions about basic knowledge of the game, simple stuff that any experienced player would know. I was then contacted for an interview ventrillo where I needed a mic. It just questions about personality, and experience with game.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think is in the suitcase of a GM?   View Answer
    No negotiation as it was a volunteer position and there was no pay.

Corporate Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tokyo (Japan)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tokyo (Japan)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at NEXON in February 2011.

Took about 2 months through a recruiting agency. Total of 2 interviews, 1 with my team and 1 with the regional head

Interview Questions
    • No technical questions; was asked about my financial background and how I view the games industry.   Answer Question
    There was very little negotiation. As my previous role in a bank was quite un-related to this role, I started off at the bottom of the cap table.