NEXON

Relevance Date Difficulty

Localization Project Manager Interview

Localization Project Manager

Interviewed at NEXON

Interview Details – - Does a leader need power or authority? How do you influence people?
- How open-minded are you to other members ideas?
- What's the best movie you've seen in the last year?
- How do you think you can make a contribution to Riot Games?
- Do you prefer to work independently or on a team?
- How did you handle meeting a tight deadline?
- What is the difference between a good position and an excellent one?

Interview Question – - Does a leader need power or authority? How do you influence people?
- How open-minded are you to other members ideas?
- What's the best movie you've seen in the last year?
- How do you think you can make a contribution to Riot Games?
- Do you prefer to work independently or on a team?
- How did you handle meeting a tight deadline?
- What is the difference between a good position and an excellent one?
  Answer Question

Interaction Designer Interview

Interaction Designer
El Segundo, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at NEXON in June 2013.

Interview Details – I had one phone screen with a recruiter and an in-person with the Sr. UX Designer, the Creative Lead and the Director of the Creative Department. I spent 20 minutes going over my portfolio and answered a few questions about work style etc. The whole thing took a little over an hour.

Interview Question – How do you know your design is good?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was called back in 2 days and offered the job and negotiated my salary up $5K because I was thinking of accepting another offer.

QA Tester Interview

QA Tester

I applied online and interviewed at NEXON.

Interview Details – Was asked a series of questions ranging from old job to why I was interested in working at Nexon. I don't think any question was too tough or really had to be thought about to be answered. It was fairly informal and quick.

Interview Question – What would I do in a certain scenario but since this was my first time in the industry, I could not really give an answer.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not much... They just tell you what you are going to make and they tell you what to expect and answer all your questions.

Engineering Interview

Engineering
El Segundo, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at NEXON in November 2010.

Interview Details – Talk with supervisor of company along with manager and senior positions of department

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – They offer a certain salary which is a lot lower than the usual median salary, and you negotiate something higher. Usually ends up being on the lower end.

Intern Interview

Intern
El Segundo, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at NEXON in February 2011.

Interview Details – After submitting an online application, I received a call from HR who discussed the basics of the position and asked me more about myself. They said they would call me back if they wanted an interview, which they did. I met with HR first and then met with the Mgr of the Dpt that I would be interning for. Interview lasted about 30 mins and was contacted shortly after to intern. Overall the intern experience was good and I met a lot of cool people. The work environment is very laid back and there were many perks to the job.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Seongnam (South Korea)

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at NEXON.

Interview Details – If your resume is passed by HR, there are 3 interviews to hire. As programmer, technical interview is first. and there is interview by HR and a team which you applied.

Interview Question – There are many techincal interviewees. and they make technical questions each by each. But, algorithm, data structure and computer language, especially, C/C++/C# are very important.   Answer Question

Associate Production Manager Interview

Associate Production Manager

Interviewed at NEXON

Interview Details – resume -> phone interview

Interview Question – Not so difficult   Answer Question

Corporate Business Development Interview

Corporate Business Development
Tokyo (Japan)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at NEXON in February 2011.

Interview Details – Took about 2 months through a recruiting agency. Total of 2 interviews, 1 with my team and 1 with the regional head

Interview Question – No technical questions; was asked about my financial background and how I view the games industry.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was very little negotiation. As my previous role in a bank was quite un-related to this role, I started off at the bottom of the cap table.

MWLB Interview

MWLB

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at NEXON.

Interview Details – Applied vie email and was to answer basic questions as to why I would be a good candidate, then questions about basic knowledge of the game, simple stuff that any experienced player would know. I was then contacted for an interview ventrillo where I needed a mic. It just questions about personality, and experience with game.

Interview Question – What do you think is in the suitcase of a GM?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation as it was a volunteer position and there was no pay.

Worked for NEXON? Contribute to the Community!