NFI Industries

Updated Nov 12, 2014
Updated Nov 12, 2014

2.2

Supply Chain Management Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at NFI Industries.

It started with some phone call interviews which lead to the initial interview with 3 hr individuals. They asked a lot about my college internships and experience with some questions about how I would handle specific situations. Then the final interview was a presentation to Senior management followed by more questioning.

Interview Questions
    • Giving the presentation and answering questions related to the topic was difficult.   Answer Question

National Accounts Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at NFI Industries.

4 interviews, time and money to go through the process. Very disorganized. All people that interviewed me are gone. The process was very disorganized and unprofessional. Very timely and not worthy of the position.

None

Order Selector Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at NFI Industries in June 2014.

No formal review, just got a phone call asking if I was still looking for work. Was asked to go fill out application and was given job. Once you accept the job you're asked to go in for orientation!

Interview Questions
    • They rally don't ask any questions, they go over your application and offer you the job if you qualify.   Answer Question
    Simple, they told me I qualified based on experience and was given a form to sign with my hourly pay and job description.

Class A Commercial Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NFI Industries.

Interview process seems "standard" (on-line, long, tedious). The telephonic portion was "canned" - questions seemed straight out of Community College Interviewing 101. Not much thought put into the questions they chose to present - standard stock entry type. Nothing to worry about if you're heading towards this company.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult and unexpected "question" was NFI's requirement that driver candidates sign a "Pre Employment Agreement" that appears written by a sixth grade dropout; so poorly put together that only self confidence offers a suggestion of what NFI MAY be intending to accomplish. And, that would be the intent to have DRIVERS responsible for NFI costs of doing business, specifically cost of wrecker usage, cost of accidents, equipment costs, claims costs, and repair costs. The wording of the document (while MAYBE intending to) does not limit the drivers' exposure to those costs. I perceived that a driver could be surprised by being held financially responsible for these costs and have money withheld from a (final) paycheck, or repeatedly. As a minimum, the Agreement potentially places the driver in an opposing position with his/her employer. Moreover, NFI makes no leeway to account for equipment pre-condition upon assignment, at least at the time of signing the Pre Employment Agreement. If that is made available later, say when equipment is actually signed for by a driver, then I don't know that and, IMHO, such timing is too late in terms of drivers' exposure to NFI costs. NFI was unwilling to do away with the Agreement nor to modify it at the time of my experience. That was a "deal breaker" and I walked. (I did reach out to several CDL-A drivers from various companies and learned that they had not been asked let alone required to sign such a document as the NFI Pre Employment Agreement.)   Answer Question

The required "Pre Employment Agreement" nonsensical construct and NFI unwillingness to do away with it or make modifications.

Clerk/Shipping Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at NFI Industries.

It was like being in a circus, both people involved in the interview were clueless and very misleading to the position that I was interviewing for, I thought that it was just an initial interview feeling cause of nerves. I needed a job

Team Lead Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at NFI Industries.

I haven't got promoted officially yet, but I am in charge of an account at one of the buildings. The interview process is simple, they will ask the questions, so do yourself a favor and be honest with them. You invest in them, they will invest in you.

Logistics Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at NFI Industries.

Interview process a bit convoluted, as the manager I was supposed to interview with was not available for some reason. A colleague interviewed me and seemed a bit unprepared. Questions were standard-issue for the most part, relevant to the position but not terribly "deep".

Interview Questions
    • Again, none were unexpected, but a few were already answered on my resume.   Answer Question

Order Selector Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at NFI Industries.

1 interview with operations manager

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at NFI Industries.

I was hired as a temporary employee in an entry level position & the company bought my contract because I proved my ability.It was a start up business & I was given a "to do" list & I completed the list early each day to the surprise of the General Manager.

Interview Questions
    • as I stated it wsas an entry level position,(16 years ago) so the unexpected question was "do you know how to naviagate on a computer?"   Answer Question
    It was through a temporary agency - I was just happy to get the job

Forklift Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bolingbrook, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bolingbrook, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at NFI Industries in January 2012.

it waygood interview allin all interview skills background personality talk about me detailed work recordgot the it was good proceess hop to get a call back and to be working