NFL

Updated Feb 7, 2015
Updated Feb 7, 2015

2.7

Sales Assistant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at NFL.

met with the hiring manager as well as two former sales assistants. Everyone was really nice and informative- they told it like it was. However I didn't find out that I did not get the job until more than 3 months later through and automated email.

Junior Rotational Program Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at NFL.

First round is a phone interview, second round is skype interviews, final round is at the NFL headquarters in NYC.

Interview Questions
    • How would you go about fixing the player health/safety issue?   Answer Question

Helpdesk Technician Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at NFL.

goes through recruiter first, then you'll do a phone screen - those are basic. in person you meet with 2 people and one does technical questions, fairly basic IT but they'll see if you are a fit for the place. have to be politically correct and be able to handle the going from bored for a weekend to something being down as a level 1 issue

Interview Questions
    • they'll try to throw in a gotcha question, don't worry too much just get the ones you know and talk to your answers.   Answer Question
    no negotiation really, the contract company sets that up before you go int o interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at NFL in November 2013.

Application with essay component
    Phone Interview
    Skype Interview with four people
    Interview in New York with four people

Interview Questions
    • Standard set of questions, some interviews significantly ruder than others. One of my interviewers was texting while I was speaking so be prepared for everything.   Answer Question

Career potential very limited without advanced degree. The timeline was lengthened several times, which suggested that they lacked commitment to the program and did not prioritize the process. Additionally, I felt very disrespected at my New York interview. One of the interviewers blatantly scoffed at my university extracurricular experience and interrupted me multiple times. If they aren't going to be respectful, don't waste my time flying me to NY.

Senior Manager, Human Resources Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at NFL.

I had 3 interviews - the first was with the VP, HR in Culver City, he was easy to connect with and had a clear idea on what he was looking for an HR person. Two weeks later I received another email from the recruiter in NY to schedule me to come to NY to meet with the HR team there. I met with 5 people that day and had as much fun as you can when interviewing. There was a lot of conversation, direct questions and an opportunity to meet with Chief HR Officer which was great. I left with a clear understanding of the challenges of the Culver City office, and where the HR department was heading in the future. After that, a few more weeks went by and I was scheduled to meet with the 2 Operational VP's in the Culver City office.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing very unexpected or overly difficult. Lots of questions about building relationships with the various teams.   Answer Question

Junior Rotational Program Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at NFL.

Online application, phone, Skype/Cisco, and in-person interview.

Interview Questions
    • Why the NFL? Not the most unexpected question, but very easy to mess up.   Answer Question

Production Assistant Interview

The interview process was fairly easily. Helps if you have a reel of work and an employee referral.

Leadership Role Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 8+ monthsinterviewed at NFL.

I went to great time and expense for this interview for my dream job. It was the WORST interview experience and waste of time in my 20+ year career. Interviewer was totally unprepared and unprofessional. He seemed more concerned about covering himself. Only reason I believe I was interviewed was because of employee referrals. However, they added qualification preferences to the job which I did not have. Why waste people's time? The arrogance of this place is off the charts. They seem to lack values and anything that resembles care. Given they are the NFL, employee engagement is going to largely be driven by employee's love for their job, the game, and the excitement of and opportunities in professional sports. However, they cannot possibly be gaining the synergy and collaboration that respect, professionalism, and preparedness brings and would better serve them.

Interview Questions
    • Questions about my education were relatively unexpected at this point in my career. I chose to answer in a way that highlighted my skill and passion for my work given my Valedictorian status was on my resume. However, I believe I would have been better served to answer highlighting the fame of my professors and my numerous accomplishments.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at NFL.

My interview process should have been a clue to how things work. I had to come in multiple times to meet with a selection of other managers. Would have been great if they could have scheduled 4 people to meet with me, but I took multiple visits to meet with managers who hadn't even looked at my resume.

Interview Questions
    • No curve balls. Simple stuff like "tell me about a project you worked on?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at NFL in December 2011.

Made it to the final round for the program but it seemed like the people that interviewed me didn't want me there. They would ask a question then cut me off after several words to tell me that I wasn't answering what they were asking without giving me a fair chance. If you're not a Sports Management major, it's veryyyy difficult to get an offer for this program.