NHS Management Interview Questions

Updated May 1, 2014
Updated May 1, 2014

2.9

Graduate Trainee Interview

I applied online – interviewed at NHS Management.

Submit CV and answer competency based questions in the application initial application process. If this is passed then you are invited to complete verbal and numerical tests. If these are passed then you are invited to the assessment centre

Interview Questions
    • Name a time where you had to change the way you were working   Answer Question

NHS Information Analyst SSRS Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at NHS Management in November 2012.

I was just called by the agent that I have an interview slot. It is a contract role...

Interview Questions
    • Yet to attend the interview. I came to this site to get sample interview questions   Answer Question

Senior Staff Nurse Interview

group interview

no negotiation

Healthcare Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at NHS Management.

question such as how to deal with clinical waste what to do in emergency.

Interview Questions
    • what can you do to save the trust money.   View Answer

Doctor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at NHS Management in January 2012.

interview based, case based, scenario based, also ask about experience, sometimes there is an OSCE style station, mostly ask about experiences

Interview Questions
    • Difficult ethical situation or question about who would you approach if registrar was doing the wrong thing   View Answer
    pre negotiated salary

Finance Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at NHS Management in January 2012.

I completed the online assessment that included a psychometric, numerical reasoning and aptitude test. The tests were all fairly standard; typical practice tests available online were preparation enough. I was informed I had passed the tests after a couple of weeks and was invited to the interview stage at Birmingham City Football Club's stadium. There were a mix of graduates at different stages of the scheme there to answer questions etc. The interview was conducted by three employees who asked various questions, and it took c. 45 minutes. I waited for another couple of weeks to hear I had not progressed to the next stage.

Interview Questions
    • There were no particularly difficult or unexpected questions. They asked about the 2011-12 budget cuts, overcoming problems, examples of leadership etc. Whilst the questions were atypical I clearly didn't answer well enough.   Answer Question

Report Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at NHS Management in May 2011.

I had a test where they have given a test on SSRS i,e a task to generate a report according to their requirements

Graduate General Management Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at NHS Management in February 2011.

Interview with 2 senior NHS managers...
    Train was hugely delayed coming into London, but were flexible in allocating me a new interview slot later on in the day. Good turn out of support staff / current graduates to talk to etc, creating an 'interesting' atmosphere - highly strung and forced sociability but it didn't bother me.

Questions focused a lot on self-awareness, self-development in terms of skills etc.. difficult questions like why you chose to develop those skills, and how you became aware that you needed to develop them in the first place.

Biggest hint - know yourself and why you choose to do things - what actually drives you?
    oh and - why do you want to work in the NHS!

Interview Questions
    • What personal skills have you developed, how, why and when did you realise that you needed to develop them?   Answer Question

Health Economist Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at NHS Management in September 2010.

Mainly competency based questions. A few behavioural questions. The whole interview process took about 1.5 hours and there was a call from the hiring manager on the same day to offer me the job.

Interview Questions

Declined offer as had a better offer in industry

Applications Support Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at NHS Management in April 2010.

Main interviewer was very concerned about disability as her opening question asking very direct questions regarding ability to work and adjustments required yet this was the first interview and no assessment of my skills had taken place except for the review of the CV which had secured the interview.

Whilst the interview panel understood the technical topics required the main interviewer didn't. She contradicted herself a number of times in her mis-use of technical terms causing questioning to clarify her meaning, when pressed further she admitted there was a sickness problem in ther area ~ I can see exactly why this exists.

Interview Questions
    • Opening question as 'Our HR department have a couple of questions we need to ask so we will do this first. Do you consider yourself to have a disability under the 1995 DDA act?'   View Answer