NHS Management Interview Questions in London, UK

Doctor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at NHS Management (City of London, England (UK)) in January 2012.

Interview

interview based, case based, scenario based, also ask about experience, sometimes there is an OSCE style station, mostly ask about experiences

Interview Questions

• Difficult ethical situation or question about who would you approach if registrar was doing the wrong thing   1 Answer

Negotiation

pre negotiated salary

Strategic Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at NHS Management (London, England (UK)) in March 2010.

Interview

I was phoned about the role by a recruiter who said he wanted a 'quality' candidate. He interviewed me twice and put my resume (CV) forward. I was then asked to do a series of skills tests (all very manageable). This lasted pretty much all day. I was then asked to attend the formal interview (I had been shortlisted with someone else from the original pool of 6) including a case and presentation to a panel. This was straightforward though I could tell these folks had not seen anyone with private sector sector experience...For those who don't know, the NHS (in general) is very incestuous and precious about itself, despite the fact that it is run by public sector lifers (zero experience in private sector) ..After this exercise, an offer was made. All of it was fairly straightforward and not rocket science for sure. A good candidate just needs to get his/her foot in the door from where you can move within the system (largest employer in Europe!).

Interview Questions

• how do you deal with a difficult colleague over whom you have no line management authority?   Answer Question
    • how do you achieve work life balance?   Answer Question

Negotiation

if you come from outside the NHS, you will start at the bottom of the pay scale, regardless of what you earned previously or how bright you may be...so be forewarned.

ST1 Doctor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at NHS Management (London, England (UK)) in February 2010.

Interview

there were four stations, 10 minutes each. The first one examined statistics and how to respond to a patient's complaint, the second examined how to deal with an angry colleague and prioritising, the third examined if you can suture and if you can do direct ophthalmoscopy and the fourth one was CV based.

Interview Questions

• A patient has complained that you examined him without wearing your white medical coat. How would you respond to thais letter?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Prepare very well for the interview

Administration Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at NHS Management (London, England (UK)) in January 2009.

Interview

About an hour long interview with 3 - 4 people and competency based questions

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Good negotiation ask for as much as you can and work backwards from there

Network Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at NHS Management (London, England (UK)) in January 2009.

Interview

Had to undergo technical test then 1:1 interveiw. Followed by HR interview on a different day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I negotiated my salary when offered the job

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NHS Management (London, England (UK)) in January 2009.

Interview

3 interviews

Interview Questions

Negotiation

flexible