NHS Management

Relevance Date Difficulty

Finance Manager Interview

Finance Manager
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at NHS Management in January 2009.

Interview Details – 3 interviews

Interview Question – why the NHS?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – flexible

Doctor Interview

Doctor
City of London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at NHS Management in January 2012.

Interview Details – interview based, case based, scenario based, also ask about experience, sometimes there is an OSCE style station, mostly ask about experiences

Interview Question – Difficult ethical situation or question about who would you approach if registrar was doing the wrong thing   View Answer

Negotiation Details – pre negotiated salary

Anonymous Interview

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at NHS Management in April 2011.

Interview Details – 5x stations testing soft-skills === communication skills, conflict resolution, consultation skills and team work skills. Each station was a role-play and lasted for approx 20 minutes. Got offer the next day via online system with useful feedback on scores. declined as not right for me.

Interview Question – None. It was competency based   Answer Question

Network Manager Interview

Network Manager
London, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at NHS Management in January 2009.

Interview Details – Had to undergo technical test then 1:1 interveiw. Followed by HR interview on a different day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I negotiated my salary when offered the job

Administration Assistant Interview

Administration Assistant
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at NHS Management in January 2009.

Interview Details – About an hour long interview with 3 - 4 people and competency based questions

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Good negotiation ask for as much as you can and work backwards from there

Strategic Consultant Interview

Strategic Consultant
London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at NHS Management in March 2010.

Interview Details – I was phoned about the role by a recruiter who said he wanted a 'quality' candidate. He interviewed me twice and put my resume (CV) forward. I was then asked to do a series of skills tests (all very manageable). This lasted pretty much all day. I was then asked to attend the formal interview (I had been shortlisted with someone else from the original pool of 6) including a case and presentation to a panel. This was straightforward though I could tell these folks had not seen anyone with private sector sector experience...For those who don't know, the NHS (in general) is very incestuous and precious about itself, despite the fact that it is run by public sector lifers (zero experience in private sector) ..After this exercise, an offer was made. All of it was fairly straightforward and not rocket science for sure. A good candidate just needs to get his/her foot in the door from where you can move within the system (largest employer in Europe!).

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – if you come from outside the NHS, you will start at the bottom of the pay scale, regardless of what you earned previously or how bright you may be...so be forewarned.

ST1 Doctor Interview

ST1 Doctor
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at NHS Management in February 2010.

Interview Details – there were four stations, 10 minutes each. The first one examined statistics and how to respond to a patient's complaint, the second examined how to deal with an angry colleague and prioritising, the third examined if you can suture and if you can do direct ophthalmoscopy and the fourth one was CV based.

Interview Question – A patient has complained that you examined him without wearing your white medical coat. How would you respond to thais letter?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Prepare very well for the interview

Worked for NHS Management? Contribute to the Community!