NHS Management Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated May 1, 2014

2.9

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Finance Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Birmingham, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

I applied online - interviewed at NHS Management in January 2012.

I completed the online assessment that included a psychometric, numerical reasoning and aptitude test. The tests were all fairly standard; typical practice tests available online were preparation enough. I was informed I had passed the tests after a couple of weeks and was invited to the interview stage at Birmingham City Football Club's stadium. There were a mix of graduates at different stages of the scheme there to answer questions etc. The interview was conducted by three employees who asked various questions, and it took c. 45 minutes. I waited for another couple of weeks to hear I had not progressed to the next stage.

Interview Questions
    • There were no particularly difficult or unexpected questions. They asked about the 2011-12 budget cuts, overcoming problems, examples of leadership etc. Whilst the questions were atypical I clearly didn't answer well enough.   Answer Question

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at NHS Management in January 2009.

3 interviews

flexible

Graduate Trainee Interview

I applied online - interviewed at NHS Management.

Submit CV and answer competency based questions in the application initial application process. If this is passed then you are invited to complete verbal and numerical tests. If these are passed then you are invited to the assessment centre

Interview Questions
    • Name a time where you had to change the way you were working   Answer Question

Doctor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  City of London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at NHS Management in January 2012.

interview based, case based, scenario based, also ask about experience, sometimes there is an OSCE style station, mostly ask about experiences

Interview Questions
    • Difficult ethical situation or question about who would you approach if registrar was doing the wrong thing   View Answer
    pre negotiated salary

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at NHS Management in April 2011.

5x stations testing soft-skills === communication skills, conflict resolution, consultation skills and team work skills. Each station was a role-play and lasted for approx 20 minutes. Got offer the next day via online system with useful feedback on scores. declined as not right for me.

Network Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days - interviewed at NHS Management in January 2009.

Had to undergo technical test then 1:1 interveiw. Followed by HR interview on a different day.

Interview Questions
    I negotiated my salary when offered the job

Administration Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at NHS Management in January 2009.

About an hour long interview with 3 - 4 people and competency based questions

Interview Questions
    Good negotiation ask for as much as you can and work backwards from there

Strategic Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at NHS Management in March 2010.

I was phoned about the role by a recruiter who said he wanted a 'quality' candidate. He interviewed me twice and put my resume (CV) forward. I was then asked to do a series of skills tests (all very manageable). This lasted pretty much all day. I was then asked to attend the formal interview (I had been shortlisted with someone else from the original pool of 6) including a case and presentation to a panel. This was straightforward though I could tell these folks had not seen anyone with private sector sector experience...For those who don't know, the NHS (in general) is very incestuous and precious about itself, despite the fact that it is run by public sector lifers (zero experience in private sector) ..After this exercise, an offer was made. All of it was fairly straightforward and not rocket science for sure. A good candidate just needs to get his/her foot in the door from where you can move within the system (largest employer in Europe!).

Interview Questions
    • how do you deal with a difficult colleague over whom you have no line management authority?   Answer Question
    • how do you achieve work life balance?   Answer Question
    if you come from outside the NHS, you will start at the bottom of the pay scale, regardless of what you earned previously or how bright you may be...so be forewarned.

ST1 Doctor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at NHS Management in February 2010.

there were four stations, 10 minutes each. The first one examined statistics and how to respond to a patient's complaint, the second examined how to deal with an angry colleague and prioritising, the third examined if you can suture and if you can do direct ophthalmoscopy and the fourth one was CV based.

Interview Questions
    • A patient has complained that you examined him without wearing your white medical coat. How would you respond to thais letter?   Answer Question
    Prepare very well for the interview

Applications Support Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Manchester, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at NHS Management in April 2010.

Main interviewer was very concerned about disability as her opening question asking very direct questions regarding ability to work and adjustments required yet this was the first interview and no assessment of my skills had taken place except for the review of the CV which had secured the interview.

Whilst the interview panel understood the technical topics required the main interviewer didn't. She contradicted herself a number of times in her mis-use of technical terms causing questioning to clarify her meaning, when pressed further she admitted there was a sickness problem in ther area ~ I can see exactly why this exists.

Interview Questions
    • Opening question as 'Our HR department have a couple of questions we need to ask so we will do this first. Do you consider yourself to have a disability under the 1995 DDA act?'   View Answer

Worked for NHS Management? Contribute to the Community!