NIBCO

Relevance Date Difficulty

Not In Management Interview

Not In Management
Elkhart, IN

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at NIBCO.

Interview Details – Takes a long time to get an interview. If you are an employee looking to move up. FORGET IT!. They send you through a number of people and departments. The initial offer is gone and they send you one for much less.

Interview Question – why do you want to work for nibco   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Hiring Manager told you what he would pay and the HR department offers you 10-15K less

Sales Trainee Program Interview

Sales Trainee Program

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at NIBCO.

Interview Details – short on-campus interview after career fair. Routine questions like why you choose the company, why you choose your major, and your previous experiences

Interview Question – no   Answer Question

Sales Engineer Interview

Sales Engineer
Elkhart, IN

The process took a day - interviewed at NIBCO in April 2012.

Interview Details – Met the company at the "Last Minute Job Fair" at Purdue University. They asked if I was free for an interview the next day and scheduled a time and place (in a room in HIKS library).

There were 2 people interviewing me. They seemed very professional. They asked pretty standard questions - how I organize my time between student organizations and academics, a time when I dealt with conflict, what I would consider my greatest achievement at Purdue...

After the interview, I asked them if they had any comments on my interviewing skills, and they said that they were impressed with all the questions about the job that I asked them (so always ask questions when they say "do you have any questions?")

Interview Question – What would you consider your greatest achievement, be it at Purdue or anywhere else?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Administrative Support Interview

Administrative Support

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at NIBCO in March 2012.

Interview Details – Low level position but had to interview with a total of 6 people including 3 executives. A little overkill.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No - offer made - that's it.

Staff Accountant Interview

Staff Accountant

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at NIBCO in March 2012.

Interview Details – The first interview came via phone. It lasted only about 20 minutes and the questions were more general questions about when you were available to work, about your resume, etc.

Later they called you in for in-person interviews. I had 6 separate 1 hour interviews. Most of the interviews didn't last the full time but came close. 75% of their questions were based on the STAR system that typically start with "Tell me about a time when..." The questions were focused on a few main areas: continuous improvement, teamwork, and some on organization/planning.

The people were all very friendly and helpful. They made you feel at ease during the interview and all seemed to have a very positive image of the company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to learn a new skill. How did you do it and what was the result?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about your best friend.   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time when you were a part of an organization that had bad leadership. What made the leadership bad?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time when you had multiple things going on at once. How did you handle them and what was the result?   Answer Question
  • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Worked for NIBCO? Contribute to the Community!