NIBCO

Updated Oct 10, 2014
Updated Oct 10, 2014

3.2

IT Position Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at NIBCO.

Contacted first by HR, then one phone interview from the hiring manager with simple basic questions on why you want to be hired. Then a visit to their offices for a panel interview.

Interview Questions
    • Panel interview of 5 persons. They were following an HR script. Questions like "tell me of a difficult situation were you had to make a decision without telling your supervisor". By the 5th person you will sing the answer..   View Answer
    Everything was trough HR. There was no way of negotiation with them.

Not In Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elkhart, IN

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at NIBCO.

Takes a long time to get an interview. If you are an employee looking to move up. FORGET IT!. They send you through a number of people and departments. The initial offer is gone and they send you one for much less.

Interview Questions
    Hiring Manager told you what he would pay and the HR department offers you 10-15K less

Sales Trainee Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at NIBCO.

short on-campus interview after career fair. Routine questions like why you choose the company, why you choose your major, and your previous experiences

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elkhart, IN

The process took a dayinterviewed at NIBCO in April 2012.

Met the company at the "Last Minute Job Fair" at Purdue University. They asked if I was free for an interview the next day and scheduled a time and place (in a room in HIKS library).

There were 2 people interviewing me. They seemed very professional. They asked pretty standard questions - how I organize my time between student organizations and academics, a time when I dealt with conflict, what I would consider my greatest achievement at Purdue...

After the interview, I asked them if they had any comments on my interviewing skills, and they said that they were impressed with all the questions about the job that I asked them (so always ask questions when they say "do you have any questions?")

Interview Questions
    • What would you consider your greatest achievement, be it at Purdue or anywhere else?   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at NIBCO in March 2012.

The first interview came via phone. It lasted only about 20 minutes and the questions were more general questions about when you were available to work, about your resume, etc.

Later they called you in for in-person interviews. I had 6 separate 1 hour interviews. Most of the interviews didn't last the full time but came close. 75% of their questions were based on the STAR system that typically start with "Tell me about a time when..." The questions were focused on a few main areas: continuous improvement, teamwork, and some on organization/planning.

The people were all very friendly and helpful. They made you feel at ease during the interview and all seemed to have a very positive image of the company.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to learn a new skill. How did you do it and what was the result?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your best friend.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you were a part of an organization that had bad leadership. What made the leadership bad?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had multiple things going on at once. How did you handle them and what was the result?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Administrative Support Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at NIBCO in March 2012.

Low level position but had to interview with a total of 6 people including 3 executives. A little overkill.

Interview Questions
    No - offer made - that's it.