NIC Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

2.7

Director of Development Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at NIC.

Interview

The company has a formal interview process but the length and details depends on the state and on the position being applied. I interviewed with multiple people from different states and had an onsite interview as well.

Interview Questions

• Questions on programming experience were very difficult and lengthy   Answer Question

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at NIC (New Delhi (India)) in July 2008.

Interview

Through written test and interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Fixed salaries for each post

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Trenton, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at NIC (Trenton, NJ) in April 2015.

Interview

applied through a staffing company; after initial screening with the staffing company they scheduled an in person interview with NIC. The interview was a panel interview with both general manager and director on the panel.

Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at NIC (New Delhi (India)) in July 2014.

Interview

They have Technical Round and some time Technical+System Test Round. Mostly Referral candidates Hired.Not to worry about the interview.Interviewer are the government employee so they are very polite in interview. If you have normal english speeking then dont worry.Interview mostly start with english but they came on hindi after one or two question.

Interview Questions

• Basic Question basically asked. Know about the projects you have done. They refine the candidate according to their project need.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at NIC (Kansas City, MO) in January 2010.

Interview

was through a recruiter in the Kasas City area. The process was very well run and thourough.

Director of Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, WV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NIC (Charleston, WV) in September 2010.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter for the opportunity from seeing my profile on LinkedIn. I would have to relocate for the position which would not be paid for I later learned including my expenses for an overnight hotel stay and 3 hour drive for an inperson interview. It was a good opportunity, so I decided to move forward with the interview after much research on the position and company.

The office was very nice and the staff very pleasant and laid back. The corporate office is in Kansas, employing about 500 people. This office employed only about 12 people. WV is much different and a smaller community. I had to fill out a lengthy job application which took about 40 minutes. Then I met with the hiring manager and Director of Technology for about 2 hours. I also had to answer a series of HR like questions that were behavior-based testing leadership and management ability, project management ability, how you handle failure, success and employee management. Three days later I heard from the recruiter that they went with a local candidate. One odd thing near the end of the interview was they told me they were not certain they were going to fill the position. The recruiter had no knowledge of this. I don't think I would have accepted the position if it was offered anyway based on that. I really felt that it was a waste of my time in light of that information and then to find out they went with someone so quickly?

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montgomery, AL

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at NIC (Montgomery, AL) in August 2010.

Interview

A recruiting company contacted me about the position via an application that I posted online. I had an initial phone interview with the recruiting company that generally consisted of questions about my background in college and summer internships. I then had an interview with the GM over the phone and was later asked to come interview in person. The process of overall very laid back.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5/10 years?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a project that you worked on in College and the process you took to complete it?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at NIC in January 2010.

Interview

1:1 interview with 3 people, each about 30-45 mins.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olathe, KS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at NIC (Olathe, KS) in May 2013.

Interview

I was given a phone interview, then an in-person interview. The former was technical questions to get a handle of my understanding of the product. The latter was more for a personality fit. The team appeared very well-versed with the structure of the company and the complexity of the systems I would be working on.

Interview Questions

• Some of the questions were very in-depth with the technology I was to be working with. The level of expertise required was unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to get the salary I desired. This company is paying for talent, don't be afraid to ask for what you want.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at NIC (Delhi (India)) in January 2015.

Interview

HR round only, with few basic questions.
    very easy questions, just need to focus on what HR is asking about.
    no more rounds.
    Need to have good communication skills to clear interview.

HR round only, with few basic questions.
    very easy questions, just need to focus on what HR is asking about.
    no more rounds.
    Need to have good communication skills to clear interview.

Interview Questions

• tell me about your previous job   1 Answer