NIC

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews

Lead Unix Systems Engineer Interview

Lead Unix Systems Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at NIC in January 2010.

Interview Details – 1:1 interview with 3 people, each about 30-45 mins.

Interview Question – Describe each position you have held   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Montgomery, AL

The process took a day - interviewed at NIC in August 2010.

Interview Details – A recruiting company contacted me about the position via an application that I posted online. I had an initial phone interview with the recruiting company that generally consisted of questions about my background in college and summer internships. I then had an interview with the GM over the phone and was later asked to come interview in person. The process of overall very laid back.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5/10 years?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a project that you worked on in College and the process you took to complete it?   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Systems Engineer
Olathe, KS

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at NIC in May 2013.

Interview Details – I was given a phone interview, then an in-person interview. The former was technical questions to get a handle of my understanding of the product. The latter was more for a personality fit. The team appeared very well-versed with the structure of the company and the complexity of the systems I would be working on.

Interview Question – Some of the questions were very in-depth with the technology I was to be working with. The level of expertise required was unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to get the salary I desired. This company is paying for talent, don't be afraid to ask for what you want.

Sales Interview

Sales
Kansas City, MO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at NIC in January 2010.

Interview Details – was through a recruiter in the Kasas City area. The process was very well run and thourough.

Interview Question – Lots of questions on strategy development   Answer Question

Director of Marketing Interview

Director of Marketing
Charleston, WV

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at NIC in September 2010.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter for the opportunity from seeing my profile on LinkedIn. I would have to relocate for the position which would not be paid for I later learned including my expenses for an overnight hotel stay and 3 hour drive for an inperson interview. It was a good opportunity, so I decided to move forward with the interview after much research on the position and company.

The office was very nice and the staff very pleasant and laid back. The corporate office is in Kansas, employing about 500 people. This office employed only about 12 people. WV is much different and a smaller community. I had to fill out a lengthy job application which took about 40 minutes. Then I met with the hiring manager and Director of Technology for about 2 hours. I also had to answer a series of HR like questions that were behavior-based testing leadership and management ability, project management ability, how you handle failure, success and employee management. Three days later I heard from the recruiter that they went with a local candidate. One odd thing near the end of the interview was they told me they were not certain they were going to fill the position. The recruiter had no knowledge of this. I don't think I would have accepted the position if it was offered anyway based on that. I really felt that it was a waste of my time in light of that information and then to find out they went with someone so quickly?

Interview Questions

Scientist Interview

Scientist
New Delhi (India)

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at NIC in July 2008.

Interview Details – Through written test and interview

Interview Question – Written test is tough. Based on engineering syllabi   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Fixed salaries for each post

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for NIC? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at NIC interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by NIC employees and interview candidates.