NIC

Updated Aug 20, 2014
Updated Aug 20, 2014

2.7

Good Place to Work and Grow Interview

I applied online – interviewed at NIC.

Inerview is very simple. You got to meet everybody from secretary to general manager. Evrybody have a say in the desistion if they are going to hire you or not. smile, do not talk bad about previous jobs show that you are a quick learner. People their are fun to work with.

Interview Questions
    • Do you like bacon? what do u do for fun?   View Answer
    I can not answer that.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montgomery, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montgomery, AL

The process took a dayinterviewed at NIC in August 2010.

A recruiting company contacted me about the position via an application that I posted online. I had an initial phone interview with the recruiting company that generally consisted of questions about my background in college and summer internships. I then had an interview with the GM over the phone and was later asked to come interview in person. The process of overall very laid back.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in 5/10 years?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a project that you worked on in College and the process you took to complete it?   Answer Question

Lead Unix Systems Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at NIC in January 2010.

1:1 interview with 3 people, each about 30-45 mins.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olathe, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olathe, KS

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at NIC in May 2013.

I was given a phone interview, then an in-person interview. The former was technical questions to get a handle of my understanding of the product. The latter was more for a personality fit. The team appeared very well-versed with the structure of the company and the complexity of the systems I would be working on.

Interview Questions
    • Some of the questions were very in-depth with the technology I was to be working with. The level of expertise required was unexpected.   Answer Question
    I was able to get the salary I desired. This company is paying for talent, don't be afraid to ask for what you want.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at NIC in January 2010.

was through a recruiter in the Kasas City area. The process was very well run and thourough.

Director of Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, WV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, WV

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NIC in September 2010.

I was contacted by a recruiter for the opportunity from seeing my profile on LinkedIn. I would have to relocate for the position which would not be paid for I later learned including my expenses for an overnight hotel stay and 3 hour drive for an inperson interview. It was a good opportunity, so I decided to move forward with the interview after much research on the position and company.

The office was very nice and the staff very pleasant and laid back. The corporate office is in Kansas, employing about 500 people. This office employed only about 12 people. WV is much different and a smaller community. I had to fill out a lengthy job application which took about 40 minutes. Then I met with the hiring manager and Director of Technology for about 2 hours. I also had to answer a series of HR like questions that were behavior-based testing leadership and management ability, project management ability, how you handle failure, success and employee management. Three days later I heard from the recruiter that they went with a local candidate. One odd thing near the end of the interview was they told me they were not certain they were going to fill the position. The recruiter had no knowledge of this. I don't think I would have accepted the position if it was offered anyway based on that. I really felt that it was a waste of my time in light of that information and then to find out they went with someone so quickly?

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at NIC in July 2008.

Through written test and interview

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Fixed salaries for each post