NICE Systems

Updated Nov 30, 2014
Updated Nov 30, 2014

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Met them at career fair, impressed them enough to get invited to Intern Day where a bunch of students come to the company, learn about what they do, and interview. Process consisted of 4 group interview sessions which we're mostly behavioral questions. It was a bit awkward as you were with the same group that rotated from room to room, while questions were mostly similar so you'd hear the same stories over and over again.

Interview Questions
    • 3/4 of the sessions were behavioral, focusing on how you work in groups and deal with problems, and the last was easy programming   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at NICE Systems.

We were brought to the campus for an Intern day. There we were put through group interviews with 5 behavioral and two technicals, one of which is a soft technical that has brain teasers and tests your knowledge you learned in your classes. The people were great and environment was welcoming. They send you an email of whether or not you received your internship that includes which portion of the interview you did best in and which you did the worst.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were very straightforward for the technicals. Its definitely doable after reviewing a coding interview book. They look more for a fit into the company rather than technical prowess.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at NICE Systems.

I was notified via phone call about the company's initial interest and was invited to attend one of their Intern Days. During Intern Day, all the applicants went through MMI, sort of a round robin kind of interview style. There were 5 interviews varying from behavioral to technical questions. In between interviews, company representatives gave short R&D demos and overviews.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood Shores, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood Shores, CA

Had four onsite interviews, which were mostly questions about experiences and past projects, as well as a few behavioral questions. Also completed a few short programming exercises individually. These ranged from relatively easy to somewhat tricky. Their office was in the process of renovation and moving, so it looked kind of empty at the moment.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most difficult question you have received?   Answer Question

Software Development Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at NICE Systems in March 2014.

They have a special way of interviewing people. The day I went to their office, there were 30 other candidates and they "group interviewed" everyone. The 30 were divided into 4 batches. Each batch having 7 or 8 people. There were four rounds of interview out of which 2 were behavioural. They ask you questions like "What is the one thing you would go back and change in your life? " All these questions will be asked to with your group members. Each person has to answer this.

1 round will be a puzzle/tech round where they will give you a question paper and you have to write your answers. The tech questions will be related to testing.

The last tech round was also written and they focussed on Java. All OOP concepts and 2 programs in java were asked. You had to write down then code.
    The selection will be arbit and random as they have no way of right candidate with only behavioural interviews.

Interview Questions
    • What is regression testing and what are the common misconceptions about it?   Answer Question

Contract Administrator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NICE Systems.

The interview wasn't too difficult. The interviewers had a very laid-back attitude and very friendly. Mostly general questions were asked and was given an overview of the company. They asked if I had any questions and I asked a few about the company.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question was why you would leave your current job for this one?   Answer Question

Support Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at NICE Systems.

I submitted my resume through a job website and received a call within a couple of days to setup an interview. The first interview was with the Hiring Manager and his boss. There was nothing unexpected in the interview. Standard questions like "why are you leaving your current position" "describe a situation where you solved a complex issue" and general background question. The Interview lasted about 20-30 minutes and they setup a second technical interview for the following day. The Technical Interview was specifically structured to what my resume listed as my skill set. Other interviews with co-workers have been similarly tailored to their provided background. Within a couple of days I had an interview with the HR representative to discuss benefits and pay questions.

Interview Questions
    • My background was in computer technology and software, but not directly related to the job I was interviewing for. I was asked why I would leave a job area where I have a deep level of knowledge and understanding to go somewhere I would be starting at the beginning, and is unrelated to what I have been doing for so long.   View Answer
    They asked me at the end of the first interview what compensation I would be looking for in terms of pay. I told them what I currently made, but made it clear I was open to negotiation as for me it was as much about other benefits (Health, 401k, career growth, etc) as it was about money. The final offer was acceptable in terms of overall benefits and pay. .

Regional Sales Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at NICE Systems.

Long... Very long. 9 interviews over 4 months, many of which were unnecessary

Definitely negotiate!

Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NICE Systems in September 2013.

Application submitted via internal staff referral. Had three phone interviews and received a request on Friday afternoon to attend in person interviews early the next week. Interviewed with Directors and VP over several hours including presenting a case study analysis and role play with the same team.

Interview Questions
    • Preparation of case study presentation took much time and effort, unfortunately presentation time was very limited and last minute.   Answer Question

Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at NICE Systems.

It seemed that the company was not ready for my interview even though it was scheduled two weeks prior. I waited 20 minutes in the lobby before someone came to retrieve me. When I got to the director, I had to wait another 15 minutes because they were on the phone. I went through three interviews. The other two interviews with other managers went well.

Interview Questions
    • What does it take to get you frustrated?   View Answer