NICIRA

NICIRA Interview Questions

1.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at NICIRA

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at NICIRA.

Submitted my resume online on their website. Got a call from the recruiter Mohamed Ali. Regular HR call, why are looking for a job etc. Talked with him regarding the next steps. Never got any response back.
    I feel compelled to write about this interview or lack of it because the recruiter didn't have any courtesy to respond back to me after a phone call. I was expecting at least a negative response.
    I hear that companies are afraid of law suits or something and that is why they don't respond. But I have got rejected from other places and I couldn't find any reason to sue them :). So I am not sure how true that it. I tend to go with lack of professional attitude.

Interview Questions
    • None. The usual, why are you looking for a job etc. He was a non-technical recruiter   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NICIRA in April 2012.

The questions were quite easy impossible to get wrong. I came out confident of getting an offer. Next day the recruiter called up and said they liked me but would not be able to make an offer. He then called me a week later asking if I was interested in another role? Wonder why they waste their time and a candidate's time? If they have no intention of hiring.

Software Engineer Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at NICIRA in February 2012.

Some really simple programming questions, like how to find/maintain the minimum number in a stream of numbers and how to do a BFS. No real programming whatsoever, and pure talking. The interviewer did not sound very enthusiastic, and always tried to confine you to his "standard" answers. They rejected me just one day after the interview despite the fact that I nailed all the questions. Probably not the right place to look for if you have a more advanced degree (I am getting my PhD in Computer Science).