NIH Interview Questions & Reviews in Bethesda, MD

2.3

21 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Facilities Program Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

I interviewed through other source. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at NIH in May 2013.

The hire process is the typical goverment hiring process. The Interview was a panel of three personnel with situational questions. The personnel on the hiring panel did not have the same level of education as I do and were not aware of some of the information that I was giving them upon answering thier questions.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was, Why I felt I was the best person for the job?   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at NIH.

Just a one on one interview with two separate staff members. Interviewing process is definitely different depending on the position in which you are applying for. My interviewer asked several questions regarding previous employment positions and asked for me to elaborate about my role and tasks performed during my employment with that company.

No negotiations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

I interviewed online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at NIH in October 2010.

The hiring and Interview Process is Completely depend upon the area of specialization of the candidate and the prospective principal investigator at NIH. The interview generally happens with resume review, then a telephone (sometimes Skype) interview, next is on campus interview. International candidates may not have onsite interview. Generally straight forward; Hardly any behavioral questions. The candidates are asked to give a presentation and meet other section chiefs. Process may go unto 3-4 months

Interview Questions
    • Generally straight forward; Hardly any behavioral questions   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

The process took 3 months - interviewed at NIH in November 2011.

Invitation to the laboratory to recieve a tour, meet the current lab, and give a 40 minute seminar on current research.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation. The salary is "as is."

Hsa Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at NIH.

Global application. Many interviews via phone, email and in person. Slow process, with many steps, so prepare well. Write detail resume and cover letter. Took several weeks to move on. Hiring process is long.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you changing jobs. What do you think this job is about.   Answer Question
    Little room for negotiation in the federal government. At least for me. But got more vacation time that most.

Research Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at NIH.

I was already a contractor and I got switched to an full time employee.

Post-baccalaureate IRTA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at NIH.

2 interviews-1 over the phone, 2nd in person. They really tried to match me based on my goals and interests and if they felt they could provide a learning experience for me

Interview Questions
    • Nothing tricky really. Perhaps why I never published in undergraduate studies when given the chance?   Answer Question
    No negotiation really

Summer Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at NIH in March 2010.

Application online submitted in Winter. Phone interview in Spring.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions -- basic questions about your background and abilities.   Answer Question

Crn Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at NIH in November 2011.

I interviewed w 3 leadership people 1st and it was about 45mins long. Next I interviewed
    w 'peers' and it was like they were reading interview q's from google.

Interview Questions
    • 'Tell me about a difficult situation and how you resolved it' Dumb   Answer Question
    negotiations are solely thru HR and they are very tough

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at NIH in November 2009.

Pretty straight forward: you apply probably online, get an email response from the hiring lab's PI, references are then contacted, 1:1 interview follows. One then gives a seminar typically to a group (members of a research group or who work in the field). Offer made immediately or within a couple of days.

Interview Questions
    • Non really but you might want to remember to lie convincingly on why you went to graduate school.   Answer Question
    Fixed pay per institute rules based on experience.

Worked for NIH? Contribute to the Community!