NIH

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Contract Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at NIH in September 2009.

I applied to the posting via USA Jobs. The questions on the application are fairly standard and designed to eliminate candidates that do not meet certification requirements. Approximately 2 weeks after the posting closing date, I was called for a scheduled interview. The interview was on site (NIAID) and consisted of two individuals asking me questions during the one interview. The experience was different for me because they had a formulated set list of questions which they followed. Literally, I could see them read the question from a paper, they would ask the question, and then they would write my response. My overall impression was that my answers/conduct in the interview were good, but that the interviewers seemed to be going through the motions from the start. I was not offered the position and I found out that they selected a candidate that was internal. To be honest it felt like I was a victim of formality and the job was never really up for grabs.

Interview Questions
  • If you won $100 million, what would you do with the money?   View Answer