NIH

Relevance Date Difficulty

Contract Specialist Interview

Contract Specialist
Rockville, MD

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at NIH in September 2009.

Interview Details – I applied to the posting via USA Jobs. The questions on the application are fairly standard and designed to eliminate candidates that do not meet certification requirements. Approximately 2 weeks after the posting closing date, I was called for a scheduled interview. The interview was on site (NIAID) and consisted of two individuals asking me questions during the one interview. The experience was different for me because they had a formulated set list of questions which they followed. Literally, I could see them read the question from a paper, they would ask the question, and then they would write my response. My overall impression was that my answers/conduct in the interview were good, but that the interviewers seemed to be going through the motions from the start. I was not offered the position and I found out that they selected a candidate that was internal. To be honest it felt like I was a victim of formality and the job was never really up for grabs.

Interview Question – If you won $100 million, what would you do with the money?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at NIH

Worked for NIH? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at NIH Contract Specialist interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by NIH employees and interview candidates.