NIH

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at NIH

Interview Details – The interview process takes one day long and each candidate needs to give one hour presentation with questions and need to meet each individual principal investigators and several other postdoctoral fellows to be evaluated and also get an idea of what it is like to work here

Interview Question – how does this position interests you?   Answer Question

Baltimore, MD

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at NIH.

Interview Details – Typically you'll go through one or two days of interviews. You will probably have to give a presentation about your current research. The hiring process may take a little while if they are interviewing more than one candidate.

Negotiation Details – Since salaries and benefits are set by NIH guidelines there is not much room, if any, to negotiate.

Postdoctoral Fellow

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at NIH in February 2010.

Interview Details – the principle investigator contacted me and invited me to have an on-site interview. I gave an oral presentation and met key persons one by one there. i had lunch with other fellows and had dinner with PIs.

Interview Question – can you tell me the mechanisms of the subjects you studied?   Answer Question

Worked for NIH? Contribute to the Community!