NIH

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Bethesda, MD

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at NIH.

Interview Details – I was already a contractor and I got switched to an full time employee.

Bethesda, MD

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at NIH.

Interview Details – Initial email to set up a date for interview in person. After the presentation, discussion with the lab P.I.. About 1 month later, job offer (salary, benefits, etc.)

Interview Question – How do you think you can contribute to the project we're likely to hire you for?   Answer Question

Natchez, MS

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at NIH in February 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online which was very long about 1 hour to complete. Three week later they called me in for an interview. I interviewed with three separate hiring managers and then was given all types of tests. Three days later they called and made me an offer and I accepted it. They sent me to their training facility for 30days and then placed me in the position I currently am in, outstanding job and company to work for, I would highly recommend this company to anyone.

Interview Questions

Durham, NC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at NIH in August 2010.

Interview Details – I exchanged emails for over a month with the Principal Investigator before the phone interview. In the emails, he inquired into my personal qualities extensively to determine my ability to stand up for myself, as he felt that the atmosphere of intellectual debate at the institute might be overwhelming to some. He sent me several journal articles before the phone interview and then questioned me about my understanding of their content in the interview, as well as my intentions for my future in science.

Interview Question – What kind of career do you predict for yourself at your age?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations--the stipends and benefits are set by the agency and cannot be changed.

Bethesda, MD

I applied in-person and the process took 3 months - interviewed at NIH in November 2008.

Interview Details – One on One interview, asked all science related questions, all about my past research and what I would be willing to do and capbale of doing.

Research Fellow

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at NIH in October 2011.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview and onsite interview

Interview Question – Why you are interested in this position   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at NIH

Worked for NIH? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at NIH Research Fellow interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by NIH employees and interview candidates.