NIH Research Fellow Interview Questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at NIH (Bethesda, MD).

Interview

I was already a contractor and I got switched to an full time employee.

Other Interview Reviews for NIH

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at NIH (Bethesda, MD).

Interview

Initial email to set up a date for interview in person. After the presentation, discussion with the lab P.I.. About 1 month later, job offer (salary, benefits, etc.)

Interview Questions

• How do you think you can contribute to the project we're likely to hire you for?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at NIH (Durham, NC) in August 2010.

Interview

I exchanged emails for over a month with the Principal Investigator before the phone interview. In the emails, he inquired into my personal qualities extensively to determine my ability to stand up for myself, as he felt that the atmosphere of intellectual debate at the institute might be overwhelming to some. He sent me several journal articles before the phone interview and then questioned me about my understanding of their content in the interview, as well as my intentions for my future in science.

Interview Questions

• What kind of career do you predict for yourself at your age?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations--the stipends and benefits are set by the agency and cannot be changed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Natchez, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at NIH (Natchez, MS) in February 2010.

Interview

I applied online which was very long about 1 hour to complete. Three week later they called me in for an interview. I interviewed with three separate hiring managers and then was given all types of tests. Three days later they called and made me an offer and I accepted it. They sent me to their training facility for 30days and then placed me in the position I currently am in, outstanding job and company to work for, I would highly recommend this company to anyone.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at NIH (Bethesda, MD) in November 2008.

Interview

One on One interview, asked all science related questions, all about my past research and what I would be willing to do and capbale of doing.

Research Fellow Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at NIH in October 2011.

Interview

Initial phone interview and onsite interview