NIH Interview Questions in Rockville, MD

2.5

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Human Resources Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NIH.

Contacted by an NIH recruiter inviting me to apply to the Pathways Recent Graduate program. Quick screening interview over the phone and an in-person interview a few days later. The interview was a panel with 9 or 10 managers at once who all had openings to fill. Given job offer shortly after.

Interview Questions
    • I did not find the questions too difficult. Most difficult thing was juggling separate questions from so many interviewers but still try to make answers relevant to anyone since they were looking to fill multiple positions.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. This is government so there are policies and legislation on how agencies set pay.

Post-Baccalaureate Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

I applied online – interviewed at NIH.

Submitted application for IRTA fellowship online through the NIH website. Contacted people I was interested in working with at specific labs, then followed up with those who were interested in my application and came for one in-person interview.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember any particularly difficult questions.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation involved.

Branch Chief Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at NIH in March 2011.

The entire process took a very long time from start to finish. I was contacted after submitting an online application and attached my resume. I received 3 separate phone calls for 3 separate interviews. I was interviewed by a small team, separate individual people and then a large team and finally the Head of the Department.

Interview Questions
    • What type of culture do you think we have here at NIH?   Answer Question

Accepted another offer from another company which was willing to pay me a higher salary.

Contract Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at NIH in September 2009.

I applied to the posting via USA Jobs. The questions on the application are fairly standard and designed to eliminate candidates that do not meet certification requirements. Approximately 2 weeks after the posting closing date, I was called for a scheduled interview. The interview was on site (NIAID) and consisted of two individuals asking me questions during the one interview. The experience was different for me because they had a formulated set list of questions which they followed. Literally, I could see them read the question from a paper, they would ask the question, and then they would write my response. My overall impression was that my answers/conduct in the interview were good, but that the interviewers seemed to be going through the motions from the start. I was not offered the position and I found out that they selected a candidate that was internal. To be honest it felt like I was a victim of formality and the job was never really up for grabs.

Interview Questions
    • If you won $100 million, what would you do with the money?   View Answer