NIIT Technologies Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Sep 22, 2014

3.2

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at NIIT Technologies.

Telephonic Interview, Interview through Skype. It was a easy going interview. With general questions like what you work on, how many years of experience. Need to bargain a lot with the salary. Once you get in, it is difficult to get good hike and role change. So bargain to the highest level before you come.

Had to bargain a lot.

Other Interview Reviews for NIIT Technologies

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at NIIT Technologies in May 2014.

I applied for Senior Software Engineer position on C#, SQL, .net technologies. First round was very simple the written test. They gave around 60 questions most of them was non verbal reasoning simply RS agrawal than 2. face to face technical round the interviewer was very frank and asked some basic questions of OOPS and tried to confuse me, than again one technical written based on WCF and webs services only can be cleared who really worked on these technology, than again technical interview Asked about the project currently working. Why you choose this technology in this why not that. They will ask design bases questions in this some C programs some algorithms.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at NIIT Technologies.

First includes simple graphical IQ test.
    Secondary an HR interview
    and last the technical interview

I joined as a fresher.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at NIIT Technologies in March 2012.

1. guessing picture
    2. technical test
    3. panel interview
    4. hr interview
    5. Nodal manager interview

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at NIIT Technologies in April 2011.

1. Aptitude test was done.
    2. Technical round
    3. HR Round

Interview Questions
    Straight away they told there upper limit and were not able to negotiate further which was around 15% less than my expectation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at NIIT Technologies in February 2011.

I have cleared all the round two times. but each time i did not get any call from HR regarding any feed back.

Interview Questions
    • They asked that for 5 year of exp they can pay 5L only, otherwise you can leave   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at NIIT Technologies in August 2010.

Interview consisted 1 technical written test of 60 minutes,2 rounds of interview to check technical competency and followed by an HR round.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at NIIT Technologies in May 2010.

I got a chance to undergo selection process at NIIT Technologies, Kalkaji a few months back. Though i was initially excited, it turned out to be a disappointing affair.

First, they conducted interviews on weekdays, which means working professionals like us had to take a day.

The interview process consisted of 2.5 hrs of written which included an aptitude and a technical test (Java in my case). The tests tested your problem solving, observation skills and your concepts.

After the test, there was a technical interview in which i was grilled on questions from areas of Struts and Collections. The interview went find and i was recommended for the next round, which was supposed to take place on another day, as it was already closing time.

However i dint get any call from them. After a few days when i enquired i was told that my salary expecations were too high.

I had cleared to them my expectations when i had applied for the job itself. After wasting a day of mine they realise that my expectations cudnt be met.

I would expect a professional organisation like NIIT Tech to be much more appreciative of that fact that people have other important things to do than go around wasting time giving interviews.

Interview Questions
    • How is data integrity protected in a multithreading , multi processor environment?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at NIIT Technologies in March 2010.

Step1 - CV Screening
    Step2 - Call For Interview (Mostly Walk-Ins)
    Step3 - Written Psychometric/Aptitude Test ideally comprising of 30 questions. First 20 are quite easy, the last 10 are some what challenging.
    Step4 - Technical Written (Toughness 5/10)
    Step5- Technical one-to-one interview (Toughness 7/10)
    Step6 - Project Manager Round. Usually talks about your previous projetcs, accomplishments, your interest towards NIIT etc
    Step7 - Offer Release (Offer is released quite promptly after you clear all the rounds and are ready to work on a not so competitive salary)

Interview Questions
    Where rigid about their salary brackets as per your years of experience.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at NIIT Technologies in January 2008.

Well it is a all day long process . We went in the morning around 10 am . There were around 200 peple (it was NOT a walkin). First round they conduct for any post is the basic IQ test - it comprises of 30 questions, very easy ones thogh(10th standard). That is when they do a lot of chucking out. Post that is a technical round, which is one on one with a technology expert. they grill you in this one. ask to write programs and output of programs. They also ask concepts and basics. Post that there is a round with a Project lead or SPM, which is very comfortable. After all this is the HR round

Interview Questions
    Well I thought that they will give the compensation according to the market standards on their own, but this does not happen. You have to use your negotiation skills at your best. They give age old excuses like there is recession in market, we will very soon send you onsite (never happens). Good luck