NIIT Technologies

Average Difficulty
8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Noida (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at NIIT Technologies in February 2011.

Interview Details – I have cleared all the round two times. but each time i did not get any call from HR regarding any feed back.

Interview Question – They asked that for 5 year of exp they can pay 5L only, otherwise you can leave   Answer Question

Noida (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at NIIT Technologies in March 2010.

Interview Details – Step1 - CV Screening
Step2 - Call For Interview (Mostly Walk-Ins)
Step3 - Written Psychometric/Aptitude Test ideally comprising of 30 questions. First 20 are quite easy, the last 10 are some what challenging.
Step4 - Technical Written (Toughness 5/10)
Step5- Technical one-to-one interview (Toughness 7/10)
Step6 - Project Manager Round. Usually talks about your previous projetcs, accomplishments, your interest towards NIIT etc
Step7 - Offer Release (Offer is released quite promptly after you clear all the rounds and are ready to work on a not so competitive salary)

Interview Question – Nothing as such   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Where rigid about their salary brackets as per your years of experience.

Senior Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at NIIT Technologies.

Interview Details – First includes simple graphical IQ test.
Secondary an HR interview
and last the technical interview

Interview Question – NA   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I joined as a fresher.

Senior Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at NIIT Technologies in January 2008.

Interview Details – Well it is a all day long process . We went in the morning around 10 am . There were around 200 peple (it was NOT a walkin). First round they conduct for any post is the basic IQ test - it comprises of 30 questions, very easy ones thogh(10th standard). That is when they do a lot of chucking out. Post that is a technical round, which is one on one with a technology expert. they grill you in this one. ask to write programs and output of programs. They also ask concepts and basics. Post that there is a round with a Project lead or SPM, which is very comfortable. After all this is the HR round

Interview Question – Write a simple C++ programe   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Well I thought that they will give the compensation according to the market standards on their own, but this does not happen. You have to use your negotiation skills at your best. They give age old excuses like there is recession in market, we will very soon send you onsite (never happens). Good luck

Senior Software Engineer

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at NIIT Technologies in April 2011.

Interview Details – 1. Aptitude test was done.
2. Technical round
3. HR Round

Interview Question – Why do you want to join us?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Straight away they told there upper limit and were not able to negotiate further which was around 15% less than my expectation.

New Delhi (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at NIIT Technologies in March 2012.

Interview Details – 1. guessing picture
2. technical test
3. panel interview
4. hr interview
5. Nodal manager interview

Interview Question – methods in Object class of java?   View Answer

New Delhi (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at NIIT Technologies in August 2010.

Interview Details – Interview consisted 1 technical written test of 60 minutes,2 rounds of interview to check technical competency and followed by an HR round.

Interview Question – Explain database internal architecture that you used?   Answer Question

Delhi (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at NIIT Technologies in May 2010.

Interview Details – I got a chance to undergo selection process at NIIT Technologies, Kalkaji a few months back. Though i was initially excited, it turned out to be a disappointing affair.

First, they conducted interviews on weekdays, which means working professionals like us had to take a day.

The interview process consisted of 2.5 hrs of written which included an aptitude and a technical test (Java in my case). The tests tested your problem solving, observation skills and your concepts.

After the test, there was a technical interview in which i was grilled on questions from areas of Struts and Collections. The interview went find and i was recommended for the next round, which was supposed to take place on another day, as it was already closing time.

However i dint get any call from them. After a few days when i enquired i was told that my salary expecations were too high.

I had cleared to them my expectations when i had applied for the job itself. After wasting a day of mine they realise that my expectations cudnt be met.

I would expect a professional organisation like NIIT Tech to be much more appreciative of that fact that people have other important things to do than go around wasting time giving interviews.

Interview Question – How is data integrity protected in a multithreading , multi processor environment?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at NIIT Technologies

Worked for NIIT Technologies? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at NIIT Technologies Senior Software Engineer interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by NIIT Technologies employees and interview candidates.