NIKE

11 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Athlete

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at NIKE.

Interview Details – I applied at Indeed.com, and got a phone interview call that asked basic questions such as, "What's your favorite shoe?, Why do you want to work for Nike?, What's your asking pay?. I was called a week later for an in-person interview which was a group interview of about 6 people including myself. The 2 managers interviewing us asked everyone work related questions. You were not asked directly, and everyone had to rise their hands before being called. The interview process was surprisingly fun and everyone was in a good mood.

Interview Question – Name a time you had to deal with a problem with out an manager being there   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at NIKE in February 2014.

Interview Details – 1st: Phone Interview of about 20 minutes. Basic questions such as: What is customer service to you? Why Nike?

2nd: Panel Group Interview of about 5 other candidates with 3 hiring managers. Pretty intimidating since I felt like I was on an audition for American Idol. Anyway, basic questions. Tell me about a time when you met a stranger. Tell me about a time when you partnered up with someone and were told to do something you didn't want to. Tell me about a time you worked in a group to reach a common goal. Why Nike?

3rd: If you were chosen for employment you will receive an email from HireRight 2-3 days after the interview for a background check. Once you submit that (and your clean) in about 3-5 days you will receive a call with an oficial job offer.

Overall, pretty intimidating for me since I applied to the flagship store in NYC. The interview can be a little scary. However, focus on your own game. Don't oversell yourself. Many of the other candidates were asked simple questions and they went on to say how much they love Nike and bla bla bla. Answer the question and be specific. Also ask questions at the end and finish the last question with a great closing.

Interview Question – All behavioral questions. Be prepared to answer questions based off situations and things you've done.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

West Palm Beach, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at NIKE in January 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and received a call from a manager the next week. I engaged in a phone interview, then I moved on to the next step which was a group interview with a panel of managers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiation. Gave a set hourly rate and I accepted.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Birch Run, MI

I applied online - interviewed at NIKE in October 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online. The manager called me & asked a couple questions about myself and why I'd want to work there. Offered me an interview that week... I went in and had a group interview with 2 other people. It was very low-key and the questions weren't difficult.

Interview Question – What are you most passionate about   Answer Question

Athlete

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at NIKE in October 2012.

Interview Details – Group interview. It was fair and formal. Everyone had a chance to answer the same questions making it easy to identify who was qualified and who wasn't.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Nike?   Answer Question

Athlete

I applied online and interviewed at NIKE.

Interview Details – Wasn't contacted until a month after applying, but once contacted the process is very quick. Interviews are in groups of 6-8 people. Everyone answers same questions

Interview Question – Not really difficult but be sure to have your own spin on answers since everyone will be asked the same question   Answer Question

Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at NIKE in September 2013.

Interview Details – I submitted an application online. Two days later they called and gave me a short phone interview about sports. Two days after my phone interview I had an group interview which consisted of two mangers and four applicants, including myself. Two days after the interview I started the background check.

Interview Question – A time that you were told to do something but knew it was wrong, what did you do about it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was not any negotiation.

West Des Moines, IA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at NIKE in October 2011.

Interview Details – Submitted my application back in september, didn't receive a call till november. Its a new store, so they were probably trying to collect as many apps as possible. Application consisted of the typical questions and a personality test. After that, its a phone interview, asking about your availability and what customer service means to you and other questions like that. From there, it was probably about a week and I received a call for an interview in person, which was scheduled a week later, on a tuesday. There were 3 interviewers and 8 interviewees in my group. They asked us 4 questions, all experience type questions that everyone answered. I got a background check email 2 days later on a thursday, which was completed by monday, when I received the officially offer. Everyone did paperwork the next sunday and training was thurs, fri, and sat.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you received excellent customer service.   Answer Question
  • Tell us about a time when you used teamwork to help achieve a goal and what would have happened if you had to do it by yourself.   Answer Question
  • Tell us about a time when you were asked or told to do something that you didn't believe in or agree with and what did you do.   Answer Question
  • what sport are you most passionate about?   Answer Question
  • What's your favorite nike product?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at NIKE in January 2011.

Interview Details – The initial phone screen was pretty quick and easy just to get a feel for your personality and enthusiasm. The group interview can consist of 2-5 people depending on how many they're hiring. The group interview has pretty standard questions about teamwork, ethics, and customer service. You initially have to apply online and should follow up to see if your resume has been pulled or to find a timeline of the process.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you had to work with a team to reach a common goal?   View Answer
  • Give an example of a time when you received excellent customer service   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – N/A

Interviewed at NIKE

Interview Details – I filled out the application on Wednesday morning and they called me Thursday afternoon to do a quick phone screen. She asked me questions like why Nike? What can you bring to our team? We went over my resume and then set up a time to meet for a face to face interview. Overall it was quick, easy, and comfortable.

Interview Question – Is there anything else not on your resume that you have done that would help you in this position?   Answer Question

Worked for NIKE? Contribute to the Community!