NIKE Athlete Interview Questions

2.5

12 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Carlsbad, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at NIKE in July 2014.

Filled out an online application and contacted by email to notify me of a phone interview the next day. Following the phone interview, there was a group interview the next day, and I heard back within 2 weeks or so that I had been given the position. Overall a positive experience, the store assistant managers are all there for the interviews and are really energetic the whole time. They choose more so based on who's going to have a fun, exciting personality and still get their work done.

Other Interview Reviews for NIKE

Athlete Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at NIKE.

I applied at Indeed.com, and got a phone interview call that asked basic questions such as, "What's your favorite shoe?, Why do you want to work for Nike?, What's your asking pay?. I was called a week later for an in-person interview which was a group interview of about 6 people including myself. The 2 managers interviewing us asked everyone work related questions. You were not asked directly, and everyone had to rise their hands before being called. The interview process was surprisingly fun and everyone was in a good mood.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you had to deal with a problem with out an manager being there   View Answer
    I

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at NIKE in February 2014.

1st: Phone Interview of about 20 minutes. Basic questions such as: What is customer service to you? Why Nike?

2nd: Panel Group Interview of about 5 other candidates with 3 hiring managers. Pretty intimidating since I felt like I was on an audition for American Idol. Anyway, basic questions. Tell me about a time when you met a stranger. Tell me about a time when you partnered up with someone and were told to do something you didn't want to. Tell me about a time you worked in a group to reach a common goal. Why Nike?

3rd: If you were chosen for employment you will receive an email from HireRight 2-3 days after the interview for a background check. Once you submit that (and your clean) in about 3-5 days you will receive a call with an oficial job offer.

Overall, pretty intimidating for me since I applied to the flagship store in NYC. The interview can be a little scary. However, focus on your own game. Don't oversell yourself. Many of the other candidates were asked simple questions and they went on to say how much they love Nike and bla bla bla. Answer the question and be specific. Also ask questions at the end and finish the last question with a great closing.

Interview Questions
    • All behavioral questions. Be prepared to answer questions based off situations and things you've done.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  West Palm Beach, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at NIKE in January 2014.

I applied online and received a call from a manager the next week. I engaged in a phone interview, then I moved on to the next step which was a group interview with a panel of managers.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to do something that you thought was the wrong thing to do.   Answer Question
    • Why work at Nike   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time where you had to work as a team to accomplish a goal.   Answer Question
    Not much negotiation. Gave a set hourly rate and I accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Birch Run, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birch Run, MI

I applied online - interviewed at NIKE in October 2012.

Applied online. The manager called me & asked a couple questions about myself and why I'd want to work there. Offered me an interview that week... I went in and had a group interview with 2 other people. It was very low-key and the questions weren't difficult.

Athlete Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at NIKE in October 2012.

Group interview. It was fair and formal. Everyone had a chance to answer the same questions making it easy to identify who was qualified and who wasn't.

Athlete Interview

I applied online - interviewed at NIKE.

Wasn't contacted until a month after applying, but once contacted the process is very quick. Interviews are in groups of 6-8 people. Everyone answers same questions

Interview Questions
    • Not really difficult but be sure to have your own spin on answers since everyone will be asked the same question   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at NIKE in September 2013.

I submitted an application online. Two days later they called and gave me a short phone interview about sports. Two days after my phone interview I had an group interview which consisted of two mangers and four applicants, including myself. Two days after the interview I started the background check.

Interview Questions
    • A time that you were told to do something but knew it was wrong, what did you do about it?   Answer Question
    There was not any negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  West Des Moines, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Des Moines, IA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at NIKE in October 2011.

Submitted my application back in september, didn't receive a call till november. Its a new store, so they were probably trying to collect as many apps as possible. Application consisted of the typical questions and a personality test. After that, its a phone interview, asking about your availability and what customer service means to you and other questions like that. From there, it was probably about a week and I received a call for an interview in person, which was scheduled a week later, on a tuesday. There were 3 interviewers and 8 interviewees in my group. They asked us 4 questions, all experience type questions that everyone answered. I got a background check email 2 days later on a thursday, which was completed by monday, when I received the officially offer. Everyone did paperwork the next sunday and training was thurs, fri, and sat.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time you received excellent customer service.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time when you used teamwork to help achieve a goal and what would have happened if you had to do it by yourself.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time when you were asked or told to do something that you didn't believe in or agree with and what did you do.   Answer Question
    • what sport are you most passionate about?   Answer Question
    • What's your favorite nike product?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at NIKE in January 2011.

The initial phone screen was pretty quick and easy just to get a feel for your personality and enthusiasm. The group interview can consist of 2-5 people depending on how many they're hiring. The group interview has pretty standard questions about teamwork, ethics, and customer service. You initially have to apply online and should follow up to see if your resume has been pulled or to find a timeline of the process.

Interview Questions
    • When was a time you had to work with a team to reach a common goal?   View Answer
    • Give an example of a time when you received excellent customer service   Answer Question
    N/A

Worked for NIKE? Contribute to the Community!