NIKE Athlete Interview Questions

Updated Jun 8, 2015

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flushing, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at NIKE (Flushing, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online and recieved a email about contacting Nike for a phone interview . Called and left a message on a Friday. No phone call back kept calling and left a message Tuesday and got a phone interview the same day . The lady was nice, she asked simple questions. I'll be doing a in dept video on YouTube of my interview. My channel is asia_blac

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for NIKE

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NIKE (Orlando, FL).

Interview

Applied online and was asked for a phone interview. They ask about your passion in sports and knowledge of Nike product. Was then asked for follow up interview in store. Interviewed by two managers along with one other person in the interview. Basic interview questions, just make sure to have extensive knowledge and show passion for the brand.

Interview Questions

• Where does your passion for sports come from?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I had extensive retail experience so i was able to increase the pay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NIKE (Carlsbad, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

Filled out an online application and contacted by email to notify me of a phone interview the next day. Following the phone interview, there was a group interview the next day, and I heard back within 2 weeks or so that I had been given the position. Overall a positive experience, the store assistant managers are all there for the interviews and are really energetic the whole time. They choose more so based on who's going to have a fun, exciting personality and still get their work done.

Athlete Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at NIKE.

Interview

I applied at Indeed.com, and got a phone interview call that asked basic questions such as, "What's your favorite shoe?, Why do you want to work for Nike?, What's your asking pay?. I was called a week later for an in-person interview which was a group interview of about 6 people including myself. The 2 managers interviewing us asked everyone work related questions. You were not asked directly, and everyone had to rise their hands before being called. The interview process was surprisingly fun and everyone was in a good mood.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to deal with a problem with out an manager being there   1 Answer

Negotiation

I

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at NIKE (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

1st: Phone Interview of about 20 minutes. Basic questions such as: What is customer service to you? Why Nike?

2nd: Panel Group Interview of about 5 other candidates with 3 hiring managers. Pretty intimidating since I felt like I was on an audition for American Idol. Anyway, basic questions. Tell me about a time when you met a stranger. Tell me about a time when you partnered up with someone and were told to do something you didn't want to. Tell me about a time you worked in a group to reach a common goal. Why Nike?

3rd: If you were chosen for employment you will receive an email from HireRight 2-3 days after the interview for a background check. Once you submit that (and your clean) in about 3-5 days you will receive a call with an oficial job offer.

Overall, pretty intimidating for me since I applied to the flagship store in NYC. The interview can be a little scary. However, focus on your own game. Don't oversell yourself. Many of the other candidates were asked simple questions and they went on to say how much they love Nike and bla bla bla. Answer the question and be specific. Also ask questions at the end and finish the last question with a great closing.

Interview Questions

• All behavioral questions. Be prepared to answer questions based off situations and things you've done.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NIKE (West Palm Beach, FL) in January 2014.

Interview

I applied online and received a call from a manager the next week. I engaged in a phone interview, then I moved on to the next step which was a group interview with a panel of managers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to do something that you thought was the wrong thing to do.   Answer Question
    • Why work at Nike   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time where you had to work as a team to accomplish a goal.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much negotiation. Gave a set hourly rate and I accepted.

Athlete Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at NIKE.

Interview

Wasn't contacted until a month after applying, but once contacted the process is very quick. Interviews are in groups of 6-8 people. Everyone answers same questions

Interview Questions

• Not really difficult but be sure to have your own spin on answers since everyone will be asked the same question   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at NIKE (Dallas, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

I submitted an application online. Two days later they called and gave me a short phone interview about sports. Two days after my phone interview I had an group interview which consisted of two mangers and four applicants, including myself. Two days after the interview I started the background check.

Interview Questions

• A time that you were told to do something but knew it was wrong, what did you do about it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was not any negotiation.

Athlete Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at NIKE in October 2012.

Interview

Group interview. It was fair and formal. Everyone had a chance to answer the same questions making it easy to identify who was qualified and who wasn't.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birch Run, MI

Application

I applied online – interviewed at NIKE (Birch Run, MI) in October 2012.

Interview

Applied online. The manager called me & asked a couple questions about myself and why I'd want to work there. Offered me an interview that week... I went in and had a group interview with 2 other people. It was very low-key and the questions weren't difficult.