NIKE

36 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern Interview

Beaverton, OR

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at NIKE in January 2013.

Interview Details – Process was long and drawn out. There were first one way video interviews where candidates filmed themselves answering questions. Then came a couple phone interviews. Next, they assigned a project for candidates to complete. It was taking a look at current business prompts from within Nike. Finally, there was another phone interview before the offer.

Interview Question – All questions were pretty standard. A variety of behavioral questions as well as some industry specific and function specific questions used to gauge your strengths or interests.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiated starting and ending date, and housing stipend.

Project Lead Interview

Project Lead
Beaverton, OR

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at NIKE in December 2011.

Interview Details – 1) Phone screen with HR. 2) Phone screen with hiring manager. 3) They flew me in for an interview with a panel (all Directors in the group), the VP, and I had coffee with a few of my peers. They paid for travel expenses. Interview questions were pretty standard and they presented a few case scenarios for me (working with difficult co-workers, etc.)

Interview Question – I was asked what I was passionate about. They didn't care what it was necessarily, but more so that I care about something deeply enough and can articulate it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes, negotiated salary and signing bonus.

Supervisor, Reception Team Interview

Beaverton, OR

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at NIKE in January 2013.

Interview Details – Phone screen clarified position while identifying match with the candidates desired position (responsibilities and salary).

Interview Question – no difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Material Developer Interview

Beaverton, OR

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 months - interviewed at NIKE in January 2014.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a HR recruiter encouraging me to apply for the position, which I did online. After about 2-3 weeks, I was contacted again for a phone interview. Then, after another 2 weeks I was emailed saying I had moved on to the panel round. My panel consisted of 4 people, one of which was the hiring manager, and one who I would be working directly with.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time that you had to relay information back to someone that you were unclear on   Answer Question

Director Interview

Director
Beaverton, OR

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at NIKE.

Interview Details – The core of Nike's interview questions are "behavioral" type questions. They seek to know how the candidate has handled specific situations in previous positions. They desire specific examples from candidates job experiences. The questions are focused on core competencies Nike believes are essential for success in a specific role.
Potential topics: Team Leadership; Communication; Integrity; etc.

Interview Question – Tell us about a time where you felt doing what your customer requested or wanted was not the right thing to do for the customer or company. What did you do?   Answer Question

Employee Relations Manager Interview

Beaverton, OR

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at NIKE.

Interview Details – I found a position on Nike Zero that I thought would fit my background and applied. The recruiter contacted me right away but decided that I was a better fit for a different role. I did a telephone screening for the role, met with a panel and then met with a VP.

Interview Question – I didn't find the questions very difficult or unexpected. Nike does scenario-based interviewing so they will want to hear stories that exemplify your ability to do the job for which you're interviewing.   Answer Question

Research Engineer Interview

Beaverton, OR

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at NIKE in November 2013.

Interview Details – Applied for position and was contacted by talent recruiter about 6 weeks later. Engaged in a telephone interview where the standard type questions were asked...
Why do you want to work for Nike? How does your experience fit with the job description? What led you to apply for this position at Nike? They are looking for individuals that are very passionate to work for and be apart of the Nike culture.

Interview Question – As I said, all questions were pretty straight forward. It wasn't unexpected but I guess asking if I had ever worked with athletes   Answer Question

Account Service Representative Interview

Beaverton, OR

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at NIKE in July 2009.

Interview Details – Phone screen then panel interview

Interview Question – What do you need to work on professionally?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – simple

Senior Manager Interview

Senior Manager
Beaverton, OR

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at NIKE in August 2012.

Interview Details – - interview via internal recruitment
- structured
- very high number of interviewers

Interview Question – - standard questions
- "Nike fit"
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – - detailed offer
- professional

Senior Business Systems Analyst - Contract Interview

Beaverton, OR

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at NIKE in March 2013.

Interview Details – Typical initial 30-45 minute phone screen. One of the keys, maybe the most important thing, is to come across with "high energy"; not overly excited, but enthusiastic and conveying confidence and competence for the role/project you are being recruited for.

If you get past the phone screen, you will likely get an in-person interview. Nike prides itself in only hiring the best, even in it's External Temporary Worker (ETW) pool, so be prepared to answer specific questions around your role. For a BSA these may include, depending on the manager, your approach to obtaining and documenting user needs, where you fit in the overall SDLC, etc.

Do your homework, be prepared, get the names of your interviewers ahead of time and research them on LinkedIn.

Interview Question – Are you okay with commuting to Nike WHQ everyday (I live some distance away)?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for NIKE? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at NIKE interview questions and advice in Beaverton, OR. All 36 interview reviews posted anonymously by NIKE employees and interview candidates.