NIKE Interview Questions in Beaverton, OR

Updated Aug 20, 2015

Innovation Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NIKE (Beaverton, OR).

Interview

Two phone interviews that were conducted with personnel experienced in placement of job candidates. It was a friendly environment and the people seemed genuinely interested in learning about me and whether I would be a good fit for the job and for Nike's corporate culture, which is relatively young, active and alternative.

Interview Questions

• How well do you accept criticism?   1 Answer

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at NIKE (Beaverton, OR) in July 2015.

Interview

Panel of 3-4 people, asking round-robin questions. They kept to the original time limit. They provided me with plenty of opportunities to ask questions about the work / environment / processes. There was a sense of collaboration and respect. They asked about the tools I was familiar with using, they helped me to understand who their business owners are for the project.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Nike?   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NIKE (Beaverton, OR).

Interview

Many phone interviews followed by a visit to campus. In person visit to HQ included a day of interviews and a panel interview. They give you a packet prior to arriving encouraging you to take risks and be innovative. Communication is not very good overall - Very unique culture

Interview Questions

• What is your top accomplishment at you previous employer   Answer Question

Seasonal Athlete Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NIKE (Beaverton, OR) in May 2015.

Interview

Group interview with 5 other candidates and 3 interviewers. Answered about 5 simple questions, did a small team excercise and ended with asking our own questions. Interview was a relaxed setting and everyone was really nice.

Interview Questions

• Why are you a good fit for Nike and why is Nike a good fit for you?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase

Inventory and Procurement Analyst - Emerging Markets Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at NIKE (Beaverton, OR) in May 2015.

Interview

Nike really made the interview process a pretty poor experience. I applied online through the Nike career site and received an email the following week with a request for an interview. The recruiter was helpful in scheduling an interview date and time that worked for me since I was living in Seattle at the time. However, when I showed up for the interview, I had been sent to the wrong building. I showed up at Dan Fouts at 9:45 for a 10:00 am interview and checked in with the receptionist and received my badge. She told me to wait, so I did, then she told me she'd spoken with the hiring manager and that he'd be right down at around 10:10. Then at 10:20 I received a call from the hiring manager on my cell phone that they'd put me in the wrong building, and that he would come get. So we walked over to Alberto Salazar and began the interview around 10:35, 35 minutes late. As a result, two of my panel members had to leave early in the middle of the process. I wasn't offered water or a chance to use the bathroom. The interview took place in a small conference room around a high table. Following the interview I was unsure of next steps, so I emailed the recruiter for details. I received no reply. After three days I emailed the hiring manager and he replied saying they'd make a decision within a week and let me know either way. I never heard back from him again. Another three three days went by. Then I received an email from the recruiter, requesting my mailing address and the address I traveled from so that they could send along a check for reimbursement for my meals and mileage. I responded with the appropriate information and asked again what the next steps were in the process. Again, my question was completely ignored by the recruiter. Icing on the cake: they never sent the reimbursement check. Overall, a complete lack of professionalism throughout the interview and follow-up process.

Interview Questions

• What makes a good leader?   Answer Question
    • What makes a good team?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in five years?   1 Answer
    • If this position was only available as a contractor opening, would you consider it?   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at NIKE (Beaverton, OR) in May 2015.

Interview

Had a Skype call with the dev manager to discuss my experience and the role. Then had an in person interview with the dev team, which included a programming problem on the whiteboard. The team was friendly. They seemed genuinely interested in finding out if I could be a good fit on the team. It wasn't an interview of "gothca" questions.

Sourcing Manager, Direct Procurement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at NIKE (Beaverton, OR) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview consisted of 3 rounds - HR screening, phone call with hiring manager and onsite interviews. There were 4 interviews with Directors (mainly STAR and experience-based questions). I was given time to prepare and present a case to a group of 5 directors. It was a relatively easy case on negotiation strategy with a vendor, but the presentation part was intimidating. Did not get the offer.

Senior Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at NIKE (Beaverton, OR) in March 2015.

Interview

formal interview with many people,inlcuding departments aligned with your specialty area. Two day process. Found it to be an average questioan and answer environment. Everyone was very nice during the interview.

Interview Questions

• background experience in retail? talk about why you are interested in this position. tell me about a difficult experience you resolved.   1 Answer

Financial Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at NIKE (Beaverton, OR) in December 2014.

Interview

I literally jumped up and told my other boss that I had a personal emergency when I heard that they wanted to interview me at Nike WHQ within the next few hours. Yes, not a few days notice, barely a few hours notice... But being new to the area I thought the opportunity would be worth it so I caved. I met with a panel who asked me standardized Nike questions from a check off list. I did well and expressed my enthusiasm so my would-be boss gave me a brief tour around the lake and the park that is Nike WHQ... Days later I was called in for a follow up interview where my would-be boss asked some technical questions and quizzed me on Excel and SQL, then I met with his boss. By the time I got the the parking lot my recruiter informed me I had received the offer. All the while I narrowly dodged questions aimed to pin me into a certain sports category because I just don't care much about sports, though I do run (for health) so claimed to be into running - now they think I want to race everyone... wtf?

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at NIKE (Beaverton, OR).

Interview

The interview process seemed very disorganized and unprofessional. I worked with the recruiter, who at times didn't know answers to my questions, to set up my on-campus interview. I had 3 panel interviews. The first was with the technical team I would be supporting. When I arrived, they didn't even know what role I was interviewing for and let me know it as they talked it out between the two. I got the sense that I was wasting their time as they kept trying to get out of the room. Initially that could be a bad signal if the interviewer is uninterested, but I got an offer...not the best way to sell a company. The second interview was 10 minutes. Not joking, he came in, we talked a bit and said "I'm sold" and walked me to my next interview. Didn't even have the time to ask him questions given the interview would require me moving and I like to get people's perspective about the area and the company. The third interview was with three finance people on the team. I was very unimpressed. They seemed more nervous than I did and asked the most cookie cutter questions possible. "Tell me a time when you dealt with conflict..." If these were the people I would be working with, I was not too eager. Ultimately the manager reached out to me to move forward, but I felt given the role, business partners, and team members, this was not the time to move. I like what Nike had to offer as a company, but not at this time.

Interview Questions

• How would you structure a business case to buy incremental servers for Nike.com? How would you go about conflict resolution between two senior leaders for OPEX spend?   Answer Question

Not impressed by the interviewers or team members