NIKE Interview Questions in Beaverton, OR

Updated Apr 15, 2015

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at NIKE (Beaverton, OR).

Interview

Many phone interviews followed by a visit to campus. In person visit to HQ included a day of interviews and a panel interview. They give you a packet prior to arriving encouraging you to take risks and be innovative. Communication is not very good overall - Very unique culture

Interview Questions

• What is your top accomplishment at you previous employer   Answer Question

Sourcing Manager, Direct Procurement Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at NIKE (Beaverton, OR) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview consisted of 3 rounds - HR screening, phone call with hiring manager and onsite interviews. There were 4 interviews with Directors (mainly STAR and experience-based questions). I was given time to prepare and present a case to a group of 5 directors. It was a relatively easy case on negotiation strategy with a vendor, but the presentation part was intimidating. Did not get the offer.

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at NIKE (Beaverton, OR).

Interview

The interview process seemed very disorganized and unprofessional. I worked with the recruiter, who at times didn't know answers to my questions, to set up my on-campus interview. I had 3 panel interviews. The first was with the technical team I would be supporting. When I arrived, they didn't even know what role I was interviewing for and let me know it as they talked it out between the two. I got the sense that I was wasting their time as they kept trying to get out of the room. Initially that could be a bad signal if the interviewer is uninterested, but I got an offer...not the best way to sell a company.

The second interview was 10 minutes. Not joking, he came in, we talked a bit and said "I'm sold" and walked me to my next interview. Didn't even have the time to ask him questions given the interview would require me moving and I like to get people's perspective about the area and the company.

The third interview was with three finance people on the team. I was very unimpressed. They seemed more nervous than I did and asked the most cookie cutter questions possible. "Tell me a time when you dealt with conflict..." If these were the people I would be working with, I was not too eager.

Ultimately the manager reached out to me to move forward, but I felt given the role, business partners, and team members, this was not the time to move. I like what Nike had to offer as a company, but not at this time.

Interview Questions

• How would you structure a business case to buy incremental servers for Nike.com?
      How would you go about conflict resolution between two senior leaders for OPEX spend?

Answer Question

Not impressed by the interviewers or team members

Senior Applications Engineer, Contract Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at NIKE (Beaverton, OR).

Interview

I was approached by a contracting company for this position. There was an initial phone screen, followed by a coding assignment , followed by in-person interview.

In-person with business team- 2 guys- scenario based questions like give me a scenario where you helped a project by doing this and that etc... , how will you deal with no requirements or no documentation about a project etc.. the guy was sometimes very abstract.

The tech interview was designing a basic web app with restful api.
    The technical interview was disappointing, this guy called "bobby" randomly called some other guy, and told me that this other guy is a random pick who will try to assess me without looking at my resume. This other random guy was basically trying to be a jerk, unprofessional, asking random questions etc.. I just didn't feel like putting any effort, even though I wanted to walk out several times just went along.

Interview Questions

• The unexpected part was the unprofessional tech interviewer, I should have walked out but didn't just of decency. In 10 years of IT work experience I haven't seen jerks on an interview panel.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at NIKE (Beaverton, OR) in October 2014.

Interview

Group interview that was a panel of about 5 people. You were interviewed with anywhere from 4-6 other candidates. It was a round table. It's in your benefit to answer first because everyone has to answer the same question. Showing eagerness is in your favor.

Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at NIKE (Beaverton, OR) in August 2014.

Interview

1. I found the position on Nike's career site and applied online. However, knowing that online applications can be a bit of a black-hole, I found people who were on the team that was hiring for the position on LinkedIn and emailed them my resume and a brief note expressing my interest directly. Nike email format is pretty easy to figure out: first.last@nike.com

2. I received a response on the same day from someone I directly emailed, noting that my background was of interest and that the hiring manager would review my resume. A couple of weeks later I reached out to the hiring manager asking if there was still interest and the hiring manager set up a phone interview for the next day. Afterwards, he set up another hour-long phone interview with a couple other members on his team.

3. I was later contacted by one of the team members that I had a phone interview with via email to expand upon some of the answers I gave and I responded in a detailed 1-2 page write up.

4. Another week passed before I was contacted by the hiring manager saying that they were interested in flying me out to Beaverton WHQ for a super-day interview (multiple interviews on the same day). I had a campus tour that lasted 45 minutes, given by a team-member which was a casual-interviewesque talk during the tour, followed by a panel (6 members) interview where I had to present my findings regarding a couple of questions that were emailed to me a week in advance (excel/powerpoint based questions regarding market size and merchandise prices and examples of best-in-class pricing strategies).

Following the panel interview, I had an hour long lunch with the hiring manager which was also an interview - pretty general questions - mostly behavior based. After that, I had 3 more 30-60 min interviews with other team members. One was purely behavior based, the other two were technical based regarding modeling/economics/etc.

5. After a week passed I reached out to ask if a decision had been made. I assume if I didn't reach out, I would've waited for another week before I would've heard a decision from them.

I can't speak to salary because that wasn't discussed, though they asked for a range up front during the phone interviews. I didn't interact with HR other than for when they set up my flight to come out to portland.

The process was professional, the campus is great though very suburban, and they pay for your flight/hotel/rental car/food while out there. You really have to make sure your behavioral interview answers are tight and to the point - Nike looks for a very specific type of person.

Interview Questions

• Why should we not hire you? Other specific questions on pricing analytics, how would you tackle fx/inflation changes in various countries regarding global pricing, how would you develop value-based pricing metrics given sales data.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at NIKE (Beaverton, OR).

Interview

Straightforward in the sense that they ask SMART interview questions, but if you give an ambiguous response they'll push you once to get more specific and then move on -- but ding you for not having an answer. This shouldn't be an issue as if you're going to add value, you should be able to speak to your past and future potential contributions.

Interview Questions

• N/A; as stated, study SMART questions and make sure you can speak to your specific abilities.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation from initial offer, but since I was leveraging another offer their initial was higher than I had expected.

Direct Procurement Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at NIKE (Beaverton, OR) in June 2014.

Interview

I was referred by my professor at Stanford for this position in December 2013. Received a phone call from HR in June 2014 saying that they would like to interview and telling me about the position. I was appalled that they told me right from the off that the salary was a measly $50000/year.

I had one phone interview with a recruiter followed by another with the hiring manager. I was then flown out to HQ and had four 1-hour interviews followed by a campus tour and a visit to the company store. Received an offer, but the paltry salary and the inept HR convinced me not to accept.

I strongly recommend being wary of HR and Nike's notoriously low salaries. Not a good place to start your career.

Interview Questions

Incredibly low salary and limited growth opportunities

Seasonal Athlete Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at NIKE (Beaverton, OR) in May 2014.

Interview

Applied online and recieved an email asking follow-up questions the same week. Went in for an in person interview the following week. Interview was with performed by two women within the Company Store and was a group interview with 6 candidates.

Interview Questions

• no unexpected questions. Tell us about a time when you met a stranger? Why NIKE and why should we choose you? Tell us about a time when you learned a new skill?   Answer Question

Communications Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at NIKE (Beaverton, OR) in April 2014.

Interview

I was approached by a recruiter and got an interview within a week. A team of two interviewed me, the process took 30 minutes. I was asked for some work samples and showed my online portfolio, hosted locally (WiFi was not available, so bring hard copies or a locally hosted site.)

Both team members were very pleasant and I left feeling very good about my performance and the interview overall. I was told they would inform me of their decision within one day.

Interview Questions

• What is your current favorite trend in the design community?   Answer Question