NIKE

36 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Any Interview

Beaverton, OR

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at NIKE.

Interview Details – Interviewed by two people within the organization. Go through a lengthy onboarding process.

Interview Question – Asking about different athletes   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Difficult, not a lot of room to negotiate.

BSA Interview

Beaverton, OR

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at NIKE in June 2013.

Interview Details – One phone interview with recruiter/contracting company, followed by in-person interview with hiring manager and a sr BSA.

Interview Question – How do you ramp up to a technology you aren't familiar with?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much, contractors seem to get definite rates before the interviewing process begins.

Mobile Software Developer Intern Interview

Beaverton, OR

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at NIKE in April 2013.

Interview Details – I had a contact at Nike and got an interview for this position right away. The first interview was very casual and informational. It went very well, but I did not make it to the second round.

Interview Question – Talk about an experience where you were very challenged and had to learn a skill on the fly.   Answer Question

Part Time Athlete At Nike Portland Interview

Beaverton, OR

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at NIKE.

Interview Details – The fist step in the interview process was to apply online at Nikebiz.com. Went through a short process answering questions and uploaded my resume. Then I received a phone call from a hiring manager and they told me to come to an interview in beaverton at the headquarters. Went in and it was a group interview process, was asked about 5-6 questions.

Interview Question – When has there been a time that a manager had unrealistic expectations and how did you go about the situation?   Answer Question

Nike Internship Program Interview

Beaverton, OR

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at NIKE in February 2012.

Interview Details – Initially submitted resume, then had an interview at my University. Then, had an interview with a webcam that recorded my answers to questions. After that, had a phone interview with my manager. Received an offer a few months later.

Interview Question – What would you change about what Nike is doing?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation with Internship program.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Beaverton, OR

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at NIKE in May 2012.

Interview Details – Recruiter contacted me about a position and setup an initial phone screening with a department manager. This interview lasted about 30 minutes and was mainly general questions about my work experience. Once passed, they contacted me back for a face to face interview with 2 managers. Again, it was a very typical interview, with questions about my past, what I am looking for, and how I may handle a few difficult situations. Overall, I have interviewed with many different groups at Nike and have found they are more interested in how you will fit as a person than your super skills. Of course they want a competent person as well.

Interview Question – Our project process is broken. We are the testing team. We are falling behind, and we don't have enough resources to keep up and we cannot afford to bring on more resources. The development team keeps throwing more work at us and changes. What would you do to fix the situation.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They offered a rate initially through my contractor and I accepted based on the original rate. I did not negotiate as a contractor.

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager
Beaverton, OR

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at NIKE in November 2011.

Interview Details – Interviewed on MBA campus for multiple positions. Process was on campus interview (after resume drop) followed by final round interviews at Nike in Beaverton, OR. First round interview questions included things like: "What's your favorite Nike product?", "What do you do in your spare time?" and of course resume questions, strength/weaknesses, etc.

Interview Question – Case question involving making a distribution question through specialized retail or big box retail.   Answer Question

Digital Project Leader - NikeiD Interview

Beaverton, OR

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at NIKE in June 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online, about 2 weeks later I got scheduled for a phone screening interview. I was informed the next day that I was passed onto the next round. I let the recruiter know that I was currently out of state and requested for my in-person panel interview to be on one of two specific days that I would be in Portland. The recruiter and managers obliged and were very flexible.

The in person panel interview was great. It was a lengthy interview, close to an hour, but it included questions they posed to me and questions I had for them. It was very conversational and fulfilling. The hiring manager called me an hour afterward to offer me the position.

Interview Question – What would you do differently with the Nike brand?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The offer was made at the high end of the salary range. I had let the recruiter know early on and there was no negotiation needed. I made my expectations clear from the start and they met them.

Senior Project Manager Web Analytics Interview

Beaverton, OR

The process took 4 months - interviewed at NIKE in February 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process went fairly smoothly all the way thru the in person interview and panel. After that session about 7 weeks passed until a final decision had been made not to staff the position. There was no follow up until I emailed the recruiter asking on the decision making process.

Interview Question – What types of problems with people have you encountered and what did you do to remedy the situation   Answer Question

Strategic Planning MBA Intern Interview

Beaverton, OR

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at NIKE in January 2012.

Interview Details – Nike does a first round on campus interview with an HR recruiter. If you make it through that, you then proceed to the awkward second round video interview. You will get 10 questions and you get 3 mins to answer each, and you will be recorded. You are not speaking to someone on the other end, just to yourself. Nike is using a new technology by a company named Hireview, so that they can take all the recordings and disseminate the video feed to multiple hiring managers. The intent is to get more feedback and choose the best candidates without having hiring managers travel to interview candidates. It has been more than three weeks since my second round interview and I still have not heard back. Many of my classmates have also not heard back.

Interview Questions

• The Nike brand is powerful. How have you seen it influence the most?   Answer Question
  • Why Nike? Why are you a good fit for the role?   Answer Question
  • Give us an example of a quantitative presentation you did? What could you have improved?   Answer Question