NIKE Interview Questions in Beaverton, OR

Updated Aug 20, 2015

Senior Applications Engineer, Contract Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at NIKE (Beaverton, OR).

Interview

I was approached by a contracting company for this position. There was an initial phone screen, followed by a coding assignment , followed by in-person interview. In-person with business team- 2 guys- scenario based questions like give me a scenario where you helped a project by doing this and that etc... , how will you deal with no requirements or no documentation about a project etc.. the guy was sometimes very abstract. The tech interview was designing a basic web app with restful api. The technical interview was disappointing, this guy called "bobby" randomly called some other guy, and told me that this other guy is a random pick who will try to assess me without looking at my resume. This other random guy was basically trying to be a jerk, unprofessional, asking random questions etc.. I just didn't feel like putting any effort, even though I wanted to walk out several times just went along.

Interview Questions

• The unexpected part was the unprofessional tech interviewer, I should have walked out but didn't just of decency. In 10 years of IT work experience I haven't seen jerks on an interview panel.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at NIKE (Beaverton, OR) in October 2014.

Interview

Group interview that was a panel of about 5 people. You were interviewed with anywhere from 4-6 other candidates. It was a round table. It's in your benefit to answer first because everyone has to answer the same question. Showing eagerness is in your favor.

Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at NIKE (Beaverton, OR) in August 2014.

Interview

1. I found the position on Nike's career site and applied online. However, knowing that online applications can be a bit of a black-hole, I found people who were on the team that was hiring for the position on LinkedIn and emailed them my resume and a brief note expressing my interest directly. Nike email format is pretty easy to figure out: first.last@nike.com 2. I received a response on the same day from someone I directly emailed, noting that my background was of interest and that the hiring manager would review my resume. A couple of weeks later I reached out to the hiring manager asking if there was still interest and the hiring manager set up a phone interview for the next day. Afterwards, he set up another hour-long phone interview with a couple other members on his team. 3. I was later contacted by one of the team members that I had a phone interview with via email to expand upon some of the answers I gave and I responded in a detailed 1-2 page write up. 4. Another week passed before I was contacted by the hiring manager saying that they were interested in flying me out to Beaverton WHQ for a super-day interview (multiple interviews on the same day). I had a campus tour that lasted 45 minutes, given by a team-member which was a casual-interviewesque talk during the tour, followed by a panel (6 members) interview where I had to present my findings regarding a couple of questions that were emailed to me a week in advance (excel/powerpoint based questions regarding market size and merchandise prices and examples of best-in-class pricing strategies). Following the panel interview, I had an hour long lunch with the hiring manager which was also an interview - pretty general questions - mostly behavior based. After that, I had 3 more 30-60 min interviews with other team members. One was purely behavior based, the other two were technical based regarding modeling/economics/etc. 5. After a week passed I reached out to ask if a decision had been made. I assume if I didn't reach out, I would've waited for another week before I would've heard a decision from them. I can't speak to salary because that wasn't discussed, though they asked for a range up front during the phone interviews. I didn't interact with HR other than for when they set up my flight to come out to portland. The process was professional, the campus is great though very suburban, and they pay for your flight/hotel/rental car/food while out there. You really have to make sure your behavioral interview answers are tight and to the point - Nike looks for a very specific type of person.

Interview Questions

• Why should we not hire you? Other specific questions on pricing analytics, how would you tackle fx/inflation changes in various countries regarding global pricing, how would you develop value-based pricing metrics given sales data.   Answer Question

Researcher I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NIKE (Beaverton, OR) in August 2014.

Interview

I had a phone interview with a recruiter to talk about my resume, then another phone interview with the Head Physiology Researcher that was more thorough, and then finally got flown out for an in person interview where I interviewed with about 8 people. It was laid back and informal which was nice. That is how the whole atmosphere of the Nike campus is.

Interview Questions

• What got you interested in physiology? Why Nike? Strongest characteristics/weakest.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NIKE (Beaverton, OR).

Interview

Straightforward in the sense that they ask SMART interview questions, but if you give an ambiguous response they'll push you once to get more specific and then move on -- but ding you for not having an answer. This shouldn't be an issue as if you're going to add value, you should be able to speak to your past and future potential contributions.

Interview Questions

• N/A; as stated, study SMART questions and make sure you can speak to your specific abilities.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation from initial offer, but since I was leveraging another offer their initial was higher than I had expected.

Art Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at NIKE (Beaverton, OR) in July 2014.

Interview

Interview with a Staffing agency. Then they sent me to a first interview at Nike. Meet with 2-3 people. Then staffing agency followed up with Nike group. Had a second interview. Very casual both times. They brought me on immediately after I finished up my other work commitments.

Seasonal Athlete Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at NIKE (Beaverton, OR) in May 2014.

Interview

Applied online and recieved an email asking follow-up questions the same week. Went in for an in person interview the following week. Interview was with performed by two women within the Company Store and was a group interview with 6 candidates.

Interview Questions

• no unexpected questions. Tell us about a time when you met a stranger? Why NIKE and why should we choose you? Tell us about a time when you learned a new skill?   Answer Question

Communications Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at NIKE (Beaverton, OR) in April 2014.

Interview

I was approached by a recruiter and got an interview within a week. A team of two interviewed me, the process took 30 minutes. I was asked for some work samples and showed my online portfolio, hosted locally (WiFi was not available, so bring hard copies or a locally hosted site.) Both team members were very pleasant and I left feeling very good about my performance and the interview overall. I was told they would inform me of their decision within one day.

Interview Questions

• What is your current favorite trend in the design community?   Answer Question

Seasonal Athlete Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NIKE (Beaverton, OR) in April 2014.

Interview

Smooth and efficient. Always on time with notification. Quick process. Was first emailed questions about what I interested and available work times. Called in for a group interview and every candidate from the group interview was hired. Overall process was pretty easy and quick. Applied online and then called in for an interview within a few weeks.

Interview Questions

• How have you solved a conflict in your workplace before?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at NIKE (Beaverton, OR) in April 2014.

Interview

Phone interview to discuss position. Then received a callback and did an in person interview. Was interviewed for one hour, questions were asked about why I would be an asset. I was asked about my hobbies and flexibility.