NIKE Interview Questions in Beaverton, OR

Updated Mar 28, 2015
Updated Mar 28, 2015

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at NIKE in March 2014.

A surprisingly short interview process. I applied via internal referral and via their company website, and got contacted by the recruiter within a few days.

A very initial phone screen with the recruiter (maybe 10 minutes, the bulk of which was "Are you still interested in this job?") was the first step, followed by two panel interviews. I got the impression that the only reason for the second panel interview was that those people weren't available during the time slot of my first interview.

Nike is VERY big on panel interviews - expect a good deal of confusion around who's who, which person you should be directing your answer to, etc. I was asked to give a presentation on my project experience, and aside from this the interview was very standard behavioral questions (of the "Give an example of a time when ..." variety). Not too challenging, content-wise. Having been on the interviewer side since I started, I can say that Nike is often looking for cultural fit more than anything else (assuming, of course, that your experience broadly meets the position requirements)

After both panel interviews, I heard nothing from the recruiter for a week or two, after several emails and phone calls. I assumed I was out of the running, but then finally got a response and an offer after this period of silence. Almost every job description for Nike includes "tolerance for ambiguity" as a requirement, and this certainly holds true for the interview process.

Interview Questions
    Not much room for negotiation; Nike generally low-balls the salary (and they can get away with it because of the prestige of the company itself)

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at NIKE in February 2014.

It took about a month. Two phone interviews and 3 interviews over a week. A writing assignment and a few difficult questions but fairly easy compared to other interviews I've been to in the past. The people don't try to trick you and are just there to check whether you are a good fit for the company and position. I was very impressed by the laid back ambiance. Very nice people working for a very nice company in the state of Oregon.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation that you experienced a lot of stress in and how you coped with it.   Answer Question

Material Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at NIKE in January 2014.

I was contacted by a HR recruiter encouraging me to apply for the position, which I did online. After about 2-3 weeks, I was contacted again for a phone interview. Then, after another 2 weeks I was emailed saying I had moved on to the panel round. My panel consisted of 4 people, one of which was the hiring manager, and one who I would be working directly with.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you had to relay information back to someone that you were unclear on   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at NIKE.

The core of Nike's interview questions are "behavioral" type questions. They seek to know how the candidate has handled specific situations in previous positions. They desire specific examples from candidates job experiences. The questions are focused on core competencies Nike believes are essential for success in a specific role.
    Potential topics: Team Leadership; Communication; Integrity; etc.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time where you felt doing what your customer requested or wanted was not the right thing to do for the customer or company. What did you do?   Answer Question

Employee Relations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at NIKE.

I found a position on Nike Zero that I thought would fit my background and applied. The recruiter contacted me right away but decided that I was a better fit for a different role. I did a telephone screening for the role, met with a panel and then met with a VP.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't find the questions very difficult or unexpected. Nike does scenario-based interviewing so they will want to hear stories that exemplify your ability to do the job for which you're interviewing.   Answer Question

Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at NIKE in November 2013.

Applied for position and was contacted by talent recruiter about 6 weeks later. Engaged in a telephone interview where the standard type questions were asked...
    Why do you want to work for Nike? How does your experience fit with the job description? What led you to apply for this position at Nike? They are looking for individuals that are very passionate to work for and be apart of the Nike culture.

Interview Questions
    • As I said, all questions were pretty straight forward. It wasn't unexpected but I guess asking if I had ever worked with athletes   Answer Question

Any Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NIKE.

Interviewed by two people within the organization. Go through a lengthy onboarding process.

Interview Questions
    Difficult, not a lot of room to negotiate.

BSA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at NIKE in June 2013.

One phone interview with recruiter/contracting company, followed by in-person interview with hiring manager and a sr BSA.

Interview Questions
    • How do you ramp up to a technology you aren't familiar with?   Answer Question
    Not much, contractors seem to get definite rates before the interviewing process begins.

Mobile Software Developer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at NIKE in April 2013.

I had a contact at Nike and got an interview for this position right away. The first interview was very casual and informational. It went very well, but I did not make it to the second round.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about an experience where you were very challenged and had to learn a skill on the fly.   Answer Question

Part Time Athlete At Nike Portland Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NIKE.

The fist step in the interview process was to apply online at Nikebiz.com. Went through a short process answering questions and uploaded my resume. Then I received a phone call from a hiring manager and they told me to come to an interview in beaverton at the headquarters. Went in and it was a group interview process, was asked about 5-6 questions.

Interview Questions
    • When has there been a time that a manager had unrealistic expectations and how did you go about the situation?   Answer Question