NIKE Interview Questions

Updated Sep 24, 2014
Updated Sep 24, 2014

2.8

Seasonal Athlete Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at NIKE.

Asked about retail situations, why nike, ask about the 7 brand "keys" and to describe what one of them means to you. Knowledge of Nike helps during the interview phase obviously.

Interview Questions
    • Choose one of the 7 "keys" and describe what it means to you   View Answer

Nike Athlete Interview

It was extremely unorganized. They told me to show up 15 minutes early. Didn't get called back till 20+minutes after the interview time. Waited around for 40 minutes. Got called back with a group of 10 people. Process took about 25 minutes total

Interview Questions
    • Why nike? What are you passionate about? Let us know when you had good and bad customer service. And what do you do when you see someone being dishonest   Answer Question

Seasonal Athlete Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mebane, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mebane, NC

I applied online - interviewed at NIKE.

I applied online, and was called for a brief phone interview. While on this phone interview, I was asked to schedule an on-site interview. When I arrived for this on-site interview, I was surprised to find out it was in a group setting. I was a little disappointed that I was not informed of it being a group interview, however I participated anyway. 1-2 weeks later, I received an email with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult or unexpected. However, I did like that they asked what our favorite Nike product was.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation. Their offer was generous and I accepted.

Digital Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at NIKE.

I was recruited via LinkedIn. The recruiter set me up with interviews across different departments since it's a matrix organization, but it wasn't clear to me which specific role I was interviewing for at any given time. I thought I was talking to someone about the first role we'd discussed, but found out the recruiter was putting me up for a different role only when asked for specific feedback about the person's department. I would have prepared differently had I known I was actually speaking about a second role. A great, innovative company with disorganization on the recruiting side : / I also had a scheduled interview that was canceled without anyone telling me.

Management Interview

I applied through other source - interviewed at NIKE.

The interviewing process is based on competencies from your previous experiences. The questions are very direct and meant to invoke specific response based on your career or life experiences. How you hold up in telling your story and being able to paint your picture of successes, will determine if you are a match.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you were given a project that you didn't quite understand, what did you do?   View Answer

Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Beaverton, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at NIKE in August 2014.

1. I found the position on Nike's career site and applied online. However, knowing that online applications can be a bit of a black-hole, I found people who were on the team that was hiring for the position on LinkedIn and emailed them my resume and a brief note expressing my interest directly. Nike email format is pretty easy to figure out: first.last@nike.com

2. I received a response on the same day from someone I directly emailed, noting that my background was of interest and that the hiring manager would review my resume. A couple of weeks later I reached out to the hiring manager asking if there was still interest and the hiring manager set up a phone interview for the next day. Afterwards, he set up another hour-long phone interview with a couple other members on his team.

3. I was later contacted by one of the team members that I had a phone interview with via email to expand upon some of the answers I gave and I responded in a detailed 1-2 page write up.

4. Another week passed before I was contacted by the hiring manager saying that they were interested in flying me out to Beaverton WHQ for a super-day interview (multiple interviews on the same day). I had a campus tour that lasted 45 minutes, given by a team-member which was a casual-interviewesque talk during the tour, followed by a panel (6 members) interview where I had to present my findings regarding a couple of questions that were emailed to me a week in advance (excel/powerpoint based questions regarding market size and merchandise prices and examples of best-in-class pricing strategies).

Following the panel interview, I had an hour long lunch with the hiring manager which was also an interview - pretty general questions - mostly behavior based. After that, I had 3 more 30-60 min interviews with other team members. One was purely behavior based, the other two were technical based regarding modeling/economics/etc.

5. After a week passed I reached out to ask if a decision had been made. I assume if I didn't reach out, I would've waited for another week before I would've heard a decision from them.

I can't speak to salary because that wasn't discussed, though they asked for a range up front during the phone interviews. I didn't interact with HR other than for when they set up my flight to come out to portland.

The process was professional, the campus is great though very suburban, and they pay for your flight/hotel/rental car/food while out there. You really have to make sure your behavioral interview answers are tight and to the point - Nike looks for a very specific type of person.

Interview Questions
    • Why should we not hire you? Other specific questions on pricing analytics, how would you tackle fx/inflation changes in various countries regarding global pricing, how would you develop value-based pricing metrics given sales data.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days - interviewed at NIKE in August 2014.

Used some business connections to interview from the top and trickle down that would be most suited to me. Not the standard procedure but it allowed to to see if I would fit in anywhere at the time. From what I saw, they wanted you to have a exact vision of what you wanted to be doing at Nike and have the experience to back it up plus more. They view working at Nike as a privilege and its a very competitive atmosphere to get these jobs.

Brand Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks - interviewed at NIKE.

Clear process at Nike. Competency based interviewing, meaning you are expected to provide real projects and examples of your work when answering questions. Do not use what you would do or you will be screened out. Use real examples.

Included a project the allowed the panel to understand your thinking process. Love this method because it is a chance to demonstrate how you would do the job.

I networked for 2 years for the opportunity. So it is critical at Nike.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at NIKE in August 2014.

Applied on line and got a call from Nike about 3 weeks later. He asked standard questions like customer service, passion for sports and why Nike. You're application is profiled for a specific section so he will ask about that, mine was running so he asked me my passion about that. Then set me up for a group panel interview the next day. Business casual was the dress code, I wore some Nike sneakers , other people were wearing shoes and jeans. The group panel interview was with 4 people and 3 managers. they start off with introducing themselfs for about 5 minutes each so when its youre turn talk a lot about you and youre passion for sports. They asked us our favorite sports movie first and the moved in to very detailed questions. Tell us about a time when you were asked or told to do something that you didn't believe in or agree with and what did you do was one. It helps A LOT if you play a sport and talk about it really technical. Even tho I was profiled for running I got hired for soccer. Again can't say enough about how much they want to hear about you being part of a sport. Then asked us about team work and what is you're biggest passion. Over all it was introduce each other and then 4 questions andif you get hired they email you a babackground check around 2 days after.

Interview Questions
    • What you're biggest passion? What's you're passion for sports? And how would you sell that to a customer? (All one question)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Aurora, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at NIKE in August 2014.

Applied on Friday, got called the next week for an interview. Group interview w 4 other people. Asked us all the same standard ?'s (what would you do...) Told us about perks etc. They also had more interviews that whole week. Was vey excited to work there but unfortunately didn't get called back.

Interview Questions
    • Standard what would do in these situations questions. Asked about a time when we had good customer service.   Answer Question

Worked for NIKE? Contribute to the Community!