NIKE

Updated Jan 29, 2015
Updated Jan 29, 2015

2.7

Ecommerce Marketing Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at NIKE.

It seemed pretty standard. Everyone was nice. No surprises. If you've brushed up on the common interview questions you'll do well. It was fun to walk around the campus with employees. Much of the interview was in on of the cafeteria, which was really nice. All in all it was a casual, professional experience.

Interview Questions
    • The usual questions. "What are your strengths?" "How would you address this challenge?"   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at NIKE.

Online application. I had three phone interviews and one Skype interview before an offer was extended. Skype interview included questions coming up on the screen and a minute for me to think about them before I was recorded.

Interview Questions
    Yes. I would recommend negotiating when an offer is extended.

IT Project Coordinator Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at NIKE in January 2015.

Recruiter found the position for me, and asked about my interest level. I have wanted to work here for the past few years, so we moved forward. Short notice setup for the interview (less than 24 hours), 30 minute scheduled interview that we had to end on time because other applicants were waiting. Met with two global program managers, it was pretty relaxed, but to the point. I had their decision within 24 hours.

Interview Questions
    • They want to know how you function in a team environment. Lone wolves don't succeed.   View Answer
    Contract based, negotiations through recruiter

Sales Athlete Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at NIKE in January 2015.

I applied online via Nike.com. I got a call about two days later that was a quick phone screen asking my availability, experience, just standard initial screen questions. We scheduled a time to go in for an interview which was 2 days later. Went in for group interview with 6 other candidates. The questions were super specific but nothing too difficult.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time someone gave you a direction that you didn't understand and then wasn't around to clarify what they meant. Did you team up with other people to accomplish it or what did you do?   View Answer

Senior Applications Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at NIKE in January 2015.

Applied through LinkedIn. Got a call from recruiter and scheduled a 30min phone screen round. Phone screen was pretty easy with basic java questions, data structure and algorithms questions. Later recruiter called in and scheduled an onsite interview. Onsite interview consisted to two rounds. Each round had 5 people, so in total there were 10 folks who took interview. Question asked were pretty easy and I nailed both the rounds. Some them were, given a login page, write all the test cases. Given two list of integer A and B. Write a program to return list of integer which are present in one but not present in other.

Interview Questions
    Negotiation depends on how badly they want to hire you. However they would be able to match salaries in the bay area.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at NIKE.

Interview Process was in groups because of the high volume of applicants. It could be a little nerve wrecking when you have to talk about yourself in front of a big group. The interview takes around an hour or so but is a good experience to go through this type of interview.

Interview Questions
    • The question was have you ever had to make a tough decision like firing someone and how did you go about it? Definitely the most difficult question.   Answer Question

Wear Test Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at NIKE.

Phone interview with HR. Then followed by 2 panel interviews before getting an offer. Panel consists of the hiring mgr and the representative of the functional teams you will be working with.

Interview Questions
    • Interview is based on the competences the company values which is basically good biz skill to deliver result, team player in diverse team, and good personal integrity. Questions are for instance, Tell me when you have multiple priorities. How did you handle it? Or when you have a conflict within your team. What did you do to convince others.   Answer Question
    HR called and I talked on the phone regarding the offer, benefit etc. It was satisfactory so I took it on the spot.

Project Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at NIKE.

Applied online and was contacted a couple days later by a recruiter. Did a phone interview with the recruiter followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager a couple days later. Two weeks later I went onsite and did a panel interview with the hiring manager and two other members of the team. The panel interview was difficult but not overwhelming. Each panel member had a couple of prepared questions and they went around the table asking their scripted questions. The questions were about my background, examples of past experiences and hypothetical situations. The panel session lasted about one hour. All of the team members were extremely personable. Overall it was a very enjoyable interview process.

It was after the interview that things got strange...

A few hours after the interview I received confirmation from recruiter that they wanted to make me an offer. I was asked what I was looking for in terms of salary and I told them what I made currently. It was the same number as I told the recruiter in the initial interview so it shouldn't have come as a surprise. Recruiter sent me a benefits package and said would get back to me.

Couple days and then weeks went by and I did not hear anything about the status. Finally I was able to chase down recruiter to find out what happened and then was told position was pulled. Very little detail was provided. It was all very odd since I had already been told they wanted to make an offer.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult questions were the "tell me about a time" questions. I don't remember any specifics but I remember they really wanted to know how you handled yourself in certain types of situations historically.   Answer Question

Nike Athlete Interview

I applied online – interviewed at NIKE.

Saw ad on a job listing site and decided to apply online. Received an email requesting a phone interview. Called and spoke with a recruiter. Initially thought the interview went well. Did not get a response until 2 weeks via email later telling me that I am not being considered anymore.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leesburg, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leesburg, VA

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at NIKE.

Talked to manager in store and was told to apply online. Applied online and followed up with manager in store and on phone. Was asked to come in for an interview and did. Very laid back, casual conversation with three other applicants. Questions mostly revolved around customer service and work ethic talking about bad experiences and good experiences.

Interview Questions
    Ask for $10 starting salary. They won't go above $10 but will try to give you less starting out. My initial salary was $9.25 but was given a raise after a year at the company.