NIKE Interview Questions

Updated Jun 28, 2015

2.7

Innovation Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at NIKE (Beaverton, OR).

Interview

Two phone interviews that were conducted with personnel experienced in placement of job candidates. It was a friendly environment and the people seemed genuinely interested in learning about me and whether I would be a good fit for the job and for Nike's corporate culture, which is relatively young, active and alternative.

Seasonal Athlete Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at NIKE (Milpitas, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

It was pretty relaxed group interview. 7 people in total. They asked questions and we all answered popcorn style. Make sure you hit on key points that actually answer the question and be detailed. I believe they rate your answer on a 1-5 scale. Waiting on an answer still to see if I got the job or not.

Interview Questions

• What is your passion in life?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you have received bad or good service?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you saw someone being dishonest, what did you do?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you had to tell someone something difficult to say?   Answer Question

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NIKE (Grand Rapids, MI) in June 2015.

Interview

It was very nerve wrecking during the phone and group interview, but I felt as long as you provided a large array of examples(not just about your sport/work experience) and show you're excited and enthusiastic you have a much better shot. The wait after the background check was awful though!

Interview Questions

• What are you passionate about?   1 Answer

Seasonal Athlete Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at NIKE in June 2015.

Interview

After applying for the job I got an email from HR asking for a pre-screening over the phone. The phone interview was very relaxed and straight forward the conversation just flowed and I didn't feel as If I was being interviewed. The HR recruiter invited me to a panel interview due to be held 2 weeks after my phone interview at the 5th ave Niketown store. Once I got to the interview we waited until we were called in to be interviewed. The set up was 2 applicants are interviewed with 2 Nike managers. Which was different and took a little pressure off. During the interview I was expecting more customer service and retail based questions which is not what I got. The questions in my opinion were a little tricky. "Name a time you had to tell someone something you knew would hurt them and how did you go about it?" or "Tell me about a time you had something challenging in your life and how did you over come it" make sure your answers are somewhat sport based and add in little hints that u do well working with a team. Good luck

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to go through something challenging and how did you over come it?   Answer Question

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online – interviewed at NIKE (Grand Rapids, MI) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and a few days later received a call for a phone interview. They asked pretty basic questions during the phone interview and asked me to come into a group interview the same day at a nearby hotel. The interview I was apart of had 5-6 people and 4 managers we broke into 2 groups and they asked us all questions pop corn style. They want you to try to relate your answers to actual events in your life and give examples. Try your best to be as detail as possible and try not to be shy. I had that interview 10 days ago and have no received anything back from them no back ground check or email notifying me whether or not I would get a job offer or not so I'm still waiting for that.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you received good customer service and what would you have done differently to make the experience even better   Answer Question
    • What's your favorite Nike product and why   Answer Question

Sales Athlete Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at NIKE (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was over the phone and took about 10 minutes. The recruiter that called me was very polite and professional, none of the questions were difficult just basic interview questions. At the end she told me I had done well and that all I needed to work on was being more enthusiastic for the face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you showed excellent customer service.   Answer Question

The commute was over an hour and in La traffic. I love NIKE but LA traffic sucks too much!

Nike Athlete Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at NIKE (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Very straightforward process to be honest. After applying online I had received an email from HR expressing interest in setting up a phone interview. I believe that the phone interview has a huge impact on the hiring process as many questions related to the lifestyle and career experiences of the perspective employee are asked. It is important to show a working knowledge of Nike and their brand beliefs but to show a passion for sports and helping others through sports. After the phone interview I was set up for a face to face interview with the hiring managers of the local Niketown store.

During the niketown interview, perspective employees are placed in a panel setting where two interviewee's are placed with two hiring managers. It is a very casual conversation and tasked us to go into great detail about our experiences that are both personal and professional. It is important to show enthusiasm and a love for sports throughout the process. A week after the panel interview I had received a request for a background check and had been given an offer 5 days after that.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you were told to do something you didn't agree with, how did you deal with this situation?   Answer Question
    • Describe a moment where you received good or bad customer service   Answer Question

Part Time Nike Athlete Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NIKE (Concord, NC) in June 2015.

Interview

This is the website to use . I got a call from Nike and it was basically a pre-screening . Then they scheduled my interview for a week later and it was six people. They asked us pretty simple questions . But when you answer be specific about a certain time or occasions . Practice interview questions ahead of time , it helps so much . Dress business casual for the interview not in Nike apparel . Stay calm and relax , the managers are really cool and aren't necessarily looking for retail experience , but people who are nice and energetic . Make sure to listen to the other candidates and speak up , try to answer first of possible. I had an interview yesterday and I got my hire right forms today . Just waiting for my background check to clear .

Nike Athlete Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

The process took 8+ weeksinterviewed at NIKE (Santa Monica, CA).

Interview

I applied about two months ago but received an email about a week ago telling me to call the recruiter. The phone number was for a phone interview where I answered a few questions.

Interview Questions

• In your opinion what is the best type of customer service   1 Answer
    • What motivates you to wake up every morning?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at NIKE (New York, NY).

Interview

It was fun and interactive. Dress code was business casual, and management was laid back and fun. Didn't feel much pressure from them. Even if you didn't get the job at least it was a cool experience.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time were you had to go above and beyond for a cause?   2 Answers