NIKE Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2015

2.7

PT Athlete Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at NIKE.

Interview

Hireright does all of the hiring process for NIKE from phone interview to job offer, except the group interview which is generally 6-8 people with 3 upper mgmt. You then get an email regarding their choice to move forward with you or not. You submit your background check paper to hireright and depending on results you may or may not be offered a position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Comin in as a rookie with little to no experience there is no negotiation. Also you MUST be available for weekends.

Nike Athlete Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NIKE.

Interview

First a phone screen, followed by a group interview (typically hire many Athletes at a time), and then a follow up in which they may or may not offer you the position. They make the process very relaxing, but are also very thorough. Typically have a set list of questions that they ask from, and don't tend to stray from that bank. Also was asked some team based questions - a hint for those is to take lead but in a cohesive and positive team manner.

Interview Questions

• Define a time in which you led a team.   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at NIKE (Beaverton, OR).

Interview

Many phone interviews followed by a visit to campus. In person visit to HQ included a day of interviews and a panel interview. They give you a packet prior to arriving encouraging you to take risks and be innovative. Communication is not very good overall - Very unique culture

Interview Questions

• What is your top accomplishment at you previous employer   Answer Question

Part-time Athlete Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NIKE (Washington, DC).

Interview

There was just one interview after I applied. I received a call from an Ohio number, they told me the date and times available, and that was it. I sat at a table with 2 other candidates, and the 3 of us were interviewed by 3 people.

Interview Questions

• Favorite Nike product?
      Tell me about a time when you received really good or really bad customer service?
      Other "tell me about when..." questions

Answer Question

Negotiation

none

Seasonal Athlete Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at NIKE in April 2015.

Interview

I applied on a thursday evening on the nike careers website. They called me back for a phone pre screen interview the following tuesday morning at around 1030 AM. They asked me questions from the application probably to make sure that I was who I said I was and if I was able to work on Labor Day weekend.

Interview Questions

• Are you avalible to work Labor Day weekend?   1 Answer

Seasonal Athlete Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Williamsburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at NIKE (Williamsburg, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

Was asked a few questions based on different situations that have actually happened and how I responded in different situations.
    Group interview with total of five people. Two interviewing and three being interviewed including myself.
    Questions were asked and we went around the circle answering them.
    Questions like: When was a time you either had really good customer service or bad customer service?
    Tell me about yourself?
    What are you passionate about?
    Why do you want to work at Nike?

Interview Questions

• When was a time you either had really good customer service or bad customer service?
      Tell me about yourself?
      What are you passionate about?
      Why do you want to work at Nike?

1 Answer

Full Time Athlete Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at NIKE (Brooklyn, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

First they do a telephone interview, then if they select you for a face to face which I got chosen for based on your responses from your 5 minute telephone interview. I was chosen to have a interview at the Marriott in BROOKLYN, when we got there one of the managers made a introduction and split us into 2 groups, then we sat down,and introduced ourselves why we chose nike , Amy retail experience, and our favorite Nike shoe, every one took turns answering, them they asked us about a time when we had to deal with a person with intergity every one answered then after that we got a chance to ask them questions them the tthanked us for coming and let us know that in a couple of weeks we will get one of two emails one sayimg that they,would like to move forward and a background check, or one saying that they didn't chose you, please continue to apply. My first two interviews with Nike I got the ..sorry we chosen someone else but this last interview I was selected for the background check, great interview very different

Part-time Athlete Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at NIKE in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online and submitted my resume. I was then contacted two to three weeks later over phone call. I then went to the store and was interviewed one on one. They asked questions and wrote down your responses. They told me that they needed to do a background check and would contact me after. I was then called a week later asking if I would accept the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Nike Athlete Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at NIKE.

Interview

Group interview with about 3-4 other people; fairly easy. If you know anything about the company other than "I like shoes," you'll be good to go. 80% of applicants will only know about Jordans and don't care about anything else. The interviewee is very monotone, just because they know how many people want to work for Nike so they want to read your energy levels/body language more than your response to their energy.

Interview Questions

• Q: What's your favorite Nike product and why?   3 Answers

Application

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at NIKE in March 2015.

Interview

Applied through the site, got a call about 2 days later and connected with the Interviewer over the phone. Two weeks later I got an email saying I was not able to get another interview. The representative was very nice, so just relax.

Interview Questions

• Why Nike?   1 Answer
    • What, to you, is customer service?   1 Answer
    • Why do you believe you would be a suitable candidate?   1 Answer