NIKE Interview Questions & Reviews

2.8

Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Beaverton, OR
    Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at NIKE in August 2014.

1. I found the position on Nike's career site and applied online. However, knowing that online applications can be a bit of a black-hole, I found people who were on the team that was hiring for the position on LinkedIn and emailed them my resume and a brief note expressing my interest directly. Nike email format is pretty easy to figure out: first.last@nike.com

2. I received a response on the same day from someone I directly emailed, noting that my background was of interest and that the hiring manager would review my resume. A couple of weeks later I reached out to the hiring manager asking if there was still interest and the hiring manager set up a phone interview for the next day. Afterwards, he set up another hour-long phone interview with a couple other members on his team.

3. I was later contacted by one of the team members that I had a phone interview with via email to expand upon some of the answers I gave and I responded in a detailed 1-2 page write up.

4. Another week passed before I was contacted by the hiring manager saying that they were interested in flying me out to Beaverton WHQ for a super-day interview (multiple interviews on the same day). I had a campus tour that lasted 45 minutes, given by a team-member which was a casual-interviewesque talk during the tour, followed by a panel (6 members) interview where I had to present my findings regarding a couple of questions that were emailed to me a week in advance (excel/powerpoint based questions regarding market size and merchandise prices and examples of best-in-class pricing strategies).

Following the panel interview, I had an hour long lunch with the hiring manager which was also an interview - pretty general questions - mostly behavior based. After that, I had 3 more 30-60 min interviews with other team members. One was purely behavior based, the other two were technical based regarding modeling/economics/etc.

5. After a week passed I reached out to ask if a decision had been made. I assume if I didn't reach out, I would've waited for another week before I would've heard a decision from them.

I can't speak to salary because that wasn't discussed, though they asked for a range up front during the phone interviews. I didn't interact with HR other than for when they set up my flight to come out to portland.

The process was professional, the campus is great though very suburban, and they pay for your flight/hotel/rental car/food while out there. You really have to make sure your behavioral interview answers are tight and to the point - Nike looks for a very specific type of person.

Interview Questions
    • Why should we not hire you? Other specific questions on pricing analytics, how would you tackle fx/inflation changes in various countries regarding global pricing, how would you develop value-based pricing metrics given sales data.   Answer Question

Athlete Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Carlsbad, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at NIKE in July 2014.

Filled out an online application and contacted by email to notify me of a phone interview the next day. Following the phone interview, there was a group interview the next day, and I heard back within 2 weeks or so that I had been given the position. Overall a positive experience, the store assistant managers are all there for the interviews and are really energetic the whole time. They choose more so based on who's going to have a fun, exciting personality and still get their work done.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through other source. The process took 5 days - interviewed at NIKE in August 2014.

Used some business connections to interview from the top and trickle down that would be most suited to me. Not the standard procedure but it allowed to to see if I would fit in anywhere at the time. From what I saw, they wanted you to have a exact vision of what you wanted to be doing at Nike and have the experience to back it up plus more. They view working at Nike as a privilege and its a very competitive atmosphere to get these jobs.

Management Interview

I interviewed through other source - interviewed at NIKE.

The interviewing process is based on competencies from your previous experiences. The questions are very direct and meant to invoke specific response based on your career or life experiences. How you hold up in telling your story and being able to paint your picture of successes, will determine if you are a match.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you were given a project that you didn't quite understand, what did you do?   View Answer

Nike Athlete Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bloomington, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at NIKE in June 2014.

Really quick turnaround from submitting the online application to getting a phone interview. I want to say it was inside a week. There was also an in person interview I did a few days after the phone interview. Nike was very flexible in scheduling both interviews; I had to reschedule the phone interview two times and didn't feel that disappointed anyone or hampered my chances to get a job, but I also felt I was overqualified for the position. Also, I applied for a seasonal job, but it was relatively easy to parlay that into a full time job. Unless you're applying for another position within the store (back of house or visual,) you won't have to re interview to get a part time job. I felt that I interviewed well over the phone but bombed the in person interview and still got offered a position, so the phone interview might cary more weight.

Interview Questions
    Pay was probably negotiable, but since it was a summer job I wasn't stressing over what I got paid. I got to pick from three different start dates, and if you're seasonal you can pick your end date as well

Nike Athlete Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at NIKE in December 2013.

First it was a phone interview, then it was a group interview. I was asked simple questions like how I acted as a team player or how I can lead a team. What my favorite Nike shoes were. Things like that. There were two managers. Both were pretty laid back. One was about my age, the other was much older.

Brand Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 8 weeks - interviewed at NIKE.

Clear process at Nike. Competency based interviewing, meaning you are expected to provide real projects and examples of your work when answering questions. Do not use what you would do or you will be screened out. Use real examples.

Included a project the allowed the panel to understand your thinking process. Love this method because it is a chance to demonstrate how you would do the job.

I networked for 2 years for the opportunity. So it is critical at Nike.

Quality Assurance Director Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at NIKE in January 2014.

The interview was in two waves. The final answer took weeks to get. The first part was a phone interview with the hiring manager. It lasted 40 mins of the hr alotted and there was immediate alignment. The second was in person in a panel setting. 4:1 ratio and was difficult. The panel questions did not align with the hiring managers expectations of the role, but they are a firm that wants buy-in across the board. I hope this is 50 words.

Interview Questions
    • based on what you know so far, what would you do to improve quality here at Nike? (I didnt really know anything yet!)   Answer Question

Part-time Athlete Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 months - interviewed at NIKE in September 2012.

I submitted my resume at a career fair they had. I got a call about a month later and had quick phone interview. They asked my why I wanted to work there and my availability. I the got set up for an interview the next day. I actually arrived late for my interview but I called a couple minutes before to notify them that I was going to be late. The interview went very smooth and was surprisingly easy (it was my first interview). The only question I actually remember them asking me is to tell them about myself. At the end of the interview they asked me if I had any questions so I asked a couple questions. They told me they would call the next day if I got the job and I got a call the next day offering me a job and I gladly took it. The entire process took about 2 months only because it was a brand new store opening and the store wasn't open yet when I applied.

Interview Questions
    • If you could spend the rest of your life doing something what would it be?   Answer Question

Seasonal Athlete Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at NIKE.

Group interview, they ask about 5-6 questions that has nothing to do with the job, they just try and get to know you. First the interviewers tell you about themselves and how they got into Nike, and then they ask the same question to everybody.

Interview Questions

Worked for NIKE? Contribute to the Community!