NIKE

237 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Brand Manager Interview

Brand Manager

I applied online and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at NIKE.

Interview Details – Clear process at Nike. Competency based interviewing, meaning you are expected to provide real projects and examples of your work when answering questions. Do not use what you would do or you will be screened out. Use real examples.

Included a project the allowed the panel to understand your thinking process. Love this method because it is a chance to demonstrate how you would do the job.

I networked for 2 years for the opportunity. So it is critical at Nike.

Customer Service Interview

Customer Service
Beaverton, OR

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at NIKE in April 2012.

Interview Details – Most of the interviews are panel format with behavioral interview questions. These questions are taken from an internal document and then filtered based on the job description. They have several categories of traits that they are looking for and they will pull at least one question from almost every category. Often times they are specifically looking at how you will fit in with the rest of the team in your department. Make sure you have very thorough examples and can answer via the STAR technique.

Interview Question – What makes you most excited about joining the team at Nike? - They are looking for an answer apart from the norm   Answer Question

Project Coordinator Interview

Project Coordinator
Hillsboro, OR

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at NIKE in November 2013.

Interview Details – I was recruited by a staffing company who submitted my resume. I was asked to go for a face-to-face interview and the manager was busy so I was interviewed by co-workers. They asked me what I had done in the past and gave me an overview of what they did. I asked more questions until I was sure that it was a good fit and then I said I would be very happy to work there.

Interview Question – The questions weren't difficult because I know my job. However, some of the Nike jargon had to be explained as well as the particular organization of the department and how they do do projects.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Since I was officially hired as an employee of the staffing company, I negotiated a little, but of course they probably made a bundle off me. I was not unhappy with the amount, but I think I am worth more.

Test Engineer Interview

Test Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at NIKE.

Interview Details – Online application
Interview by HR/Recruiter
Panel Interview (4 people all managers who would be interfacing with the engineer)

The HR recruiter I spoke to estimated that Nike get's 20-200 applications a day. Often times job postings are left up for only a few weeks and even then the recruiter is more likely to show the hiring manager applications from the first few days the position was open. If you know someone who works at Nike they can look up the recruiter's name, but not the hiring manager's information. It is not necessarily helpful to know someone inside the company because of the shear volume of the competition.

Good luck.

Interview Question – Standard Questions: Why Nike? Give an example of X.   View Answer

Operations Analyst Interview

Operations Analyst

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at NIKE in May 2010.

Interview Details – Panel Interview with four people in conference room. Everyone very nice. Intro'd themselves, told me about position. Asked me to review my resume with them before getting to the questions. Once questions answered there was time to ask them questions

Interview Question – Behavioral interview, no question unexpected or difficult. just standard, "Tell me about a time..."   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No real negotiation.

Seasonal Athlete Interview

Seasonal Athlete

Interviewed at NIKE

Interview Details – Was called back shortly after applying. Then had an interview and management was beyond nice. The questions were simple given a situation or from past history of a situation. After the questions you are asked for your availability again and you're ready to go.

Reason for Declining – Other job came up.

Part Time Athlete Interview

Part Time Athlete

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at NIKE in May 2014.

Interview Details – Was called for an interview and showed up the next morning, but was NOT told it was a group interview. Which was upsetting to me. I prefer one on one.

Interview Question – Why nike?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I declined because nike only offered me 10-15 hours a week. That is absolutely too low. My current part time employer gives me 30 hours a week. And I couldn't work both so I had to decline due to the low offer.

Research Assistant Interview

Research Assistant
Beaverton, OR

I applied online - interviewed at NIKE in March 2012.

Interview Details – If you are unfamiliar with the Nike culture - take this advice... the interview process is very casual. Phone interviews are casual, and will consist of typical "performance / work experience" questions. Don't come dressed to a face-to-face interview in a suit and tie. Definitely wear something Nike (either kicks or T-shirt, or both). Don't be surprised to have several phone interviews or several face-to-face interviews before an offer is extended.

Interview Question – "Describe a circumstance in which you were asked to take a risk, what was the outcome?"   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Beaverton, OR

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at NIKE.

Interview Details – Straightforward in the sense that they ask SMART interview questions, but if you give an ambiguous response they'll push you once to get more specific and then move on -- but ding you for not having an answer. This shouldn't be an issue as if you're going to add value, you should be able to speak to your past and future potential contributions.

Interview Question – N/A; as stated, study SMART questions and make sure you can speak to your specific abilities.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation from initial offer, but since I was leveraging another offer their initial was higher than I had expected.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Retail Sales Associate
Louisville, KY

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at NIKE in June 2014.

Interview Details – Went to a job fair and talked to the district manager. Explained what I was interested in full time and was told to leave my phone/email address. I was also told to go online and apply. Did so and was called back by a 3rd party (think overseas phone center) to do a phone interview. I was told that I needed to change my work availability to Days-afternoons-weekends if I wanted to be considered. I did so and was called right back. Phone interview went well and then was called in for a face/face. That was nerve wracking. Panel of 3 managers throwing out questions and lots of people in the room. CATTLE CALL!!!
The questions were- Describe your favorite Nike Product in detail (KNOW YOUR PRODUCTS!) What is great customer service- Describe a time when you were given great service or poor service.
I was told that I would hear back within a week. I haven't and I'm fine with that because come to find out, they only have part time positions available. After all that!!!!!!!!! :/

Interview Question – What is your passion? When were you given great or poor customer service?   View Answer

Worked for NIKE? Contribute to the Community!