NIKE

2.7

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at NIKE.

Interview Process was in groups because of the high volume of applicants. It could be a little nerve wrecking when you have to talk about yourself in front of a big group. The interview takes around an hour or so but is a good experience to go through this type of interview.

Interview Questions
    • The question was have you ever had to make a tough decision like firing someone and how did you go about it? Definitely the most difficult question.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at NIKE.

Applied online and was contacted a couple days later by a recruiter. Did a phone interview with the recruiter followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager a couple days later. Two weeks later I went onsite and did a panel interview with the hiring manager and two other members of the team. The panel interview was difficult but not overwhelming. Each panel member had a couple of prepared questions and they went around the table asking their scripted questions. The questions were about my background, examples of past experiences and hypothetical situations. The panel session lasted about one hour. All of the team members were extremely personable. Overall it was a very enjoyable interview process.

It was after the interview that things got strange...

A few hours after the interview I received confirmation from recruiter that they wanted to make me an offer. I was asked what I was looking for in terms of salary and I told them what I made currently. It was the same number as I told the recruiter in the initial interview so it shouldn't have come as a surprise. Recruiter sent me a benefits package and said would get back to me.

Couple days and then weeks went by and I did not hear anything about the status. Finally I was able to chase down recruiter to find out what happened and then was told position was pulled. Very little detail was provided. It was all very odd since I had already been told they wanted to make an offer.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult questions were the "tell me about a time" questions. I don't remember any specifics but I remember they really wanted to know how you handled yourself in certain types of situations historically.   Answer Question

Nike Athlete Interview

I applied online – interviewed at NIKE.

Saw ad on a job listing site and decided to apply online. Received an email requesting a phone interview. Called and spoke with a recruiter. Initially thought the interview went well. Did not get a response until 2 weeks via email later telling me that I am not being considered anymore.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leesburg, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leesburg, VA

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at NIKE.

Talked to manager in store and was told to apply online. Applied online and followed up with manager in store and on phone. Was asked to come in for an interview and did. Very laid back, casual conversation with three other applicants. Questions mostly revolved around customer service and work ethic talking about bad experiences and good experiences.

Interview Questions
    Ask for $10 starting salary. They won't go above $10 but will try to give you less starting out. My initial salary was $9.25 but was given a raise after a year at the company.

Season Athlete Interview

Easy straight forward questions really. Filled out application online and was called same week to interview with another potential employee. Questions about prior experience on how you handle specific situations in the work place.

Great

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at NIKE.

The interview process seemed very disorganized and unprofessional. I worked with the recruiter, who at times didn't know answers to my questions, to set up my on-campus interview. I had 3 panel interviews. The first was with the technical team I would be supporting. When I arrived, they didn't even know what role I was interviewing for and let me know it as they talked it out between the two. I got the sense that I was wasting their time as they kept trying to get out of the room. Initially that could be a bad signal if the interviewer is uninterested, but I got an offer...not the best way to sell a company.

The second interview was 10 minutes. Not joking, he came in, we talked a bit and said "I'm sold" and walked me to my next interview. Didn't even have the time to ask him questions given the interview would require me moving and I like to get people's perspective about the area and the company.

The third interview was with three finance people on the team. I was very unimpressed. They seemed more nervous than I did and asked the most cookie cutter questions possible. "Tell me a time when you dealt with conflict..." If these were the people I would be working with, I was not too eager.

Ultimately the manager reached out to me to move forward, but I felt given the role, business partners, and team members, this was not the time to move. I like what Nike had to offer as a company, but not at this time.

Interview Questions
    • How would you structure a business case to buy incremental servers for Nike.com?
      How would you go about conflict resolution between two senior leaders for OPEX spend?

Answer Question

Not impressed by the interviewers or team members

Consumer Digital Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eugene, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eugene, OR

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at NIKE in November 2014.

It was a very good process overall. I was flown out to their world headquarters in Oregon where I had 3 separate interviews in the morning fallowed by a campus tour and lunch among other things.

Interview Questions
    • If you were to think of a game changing bleeding edge idea for Nike what would it be?   View Answer
    There really wasn't much negotiation.

Nike Athlete Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at NIKE.

Most people are worried about what to wear for the interview. I wore jeans a black shirt cardigan and my favorite sneakers which were airman 97's. I had a group interview and they asked us questions such as why nike?, explain a time when you gave great customer service, and if you play any sports or anything. But don't worry you don't have to play any sports. Bill Bowerman specifically states anybody is an athlete. Most importantly don't brag about being a sneaker head and knowing about all the jordans that come out. doesn't look good.

Seasonal Athlete Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NIKE in November 2014.

Applied on Saturday November 1, got a call on Monday (which was very fast) for an interview on Thursday. It was supposed to be a big group interview with at least 5 or 6 people, but was myself and one other applicant. We met in the store and went downstairs to a lounge/eating area and conducted the interview. The day after the interview i recived the HireRight form. One week later (today) i recieved an email that there were "other qualified applicants" and so i didnt recieve the job.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time where you recieved good/bad customer service.
      What did you do when you didnt understand something? (how did you handle it)
      Explain a time where you had to work as a team to reach a certain goal.
      Favorite Nike Product
      Passion for sports
      Passion in life

Answer Question

Part Time Athlete Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at NIKE in November 2014.

The interview was grouped and they asked scenario based questions. Job history was asked as well plus You should show them that you have knowledge of the company. It was fun and easy in my opinion. Just know what you're talking about.

Interview Questions
    • Give us a time when you performed good customer service.   Answer Question