NIKE Interview Questions

Updated Mar 29, 2015
Updated Mar 29, 2015

2.7

Nike Athlete Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NIKE.

First a phone screen, followed by a group interview (typically hire many Athletes at a time), and then a follow up in which they may or may not offer you the position. They make the process very relaxing, but are also very thorough. Typically have a set list of questions that they ask from, and don't tend to stray from that bank. Also was asked some team based questions - a hint for those is to take lead but in a cohesive and positive team manner.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at NIKE.

Many phone interviews followed by a visit to campus. In person visit to HQ included a day of interviews and a panel interview. They give you a packet prior to arriving encouraging you to take risks and be innovative. Communication is not very good overall - Very unique culture

Interview Questions
    • What is your top accomplishment at you previous employer   Answer Question

Nike Athlete Interview

I applied online – interviewed at NIKE.

Group interview with about 3-4 other people; fairly easy. If you know anything about the company other than "I like shoes," you'll be good to go. 80% of applicants will only know about Jordans and don't care about anything else. The interviewee is very monotone, just because they know how many people want to work for Nike so they want to read your energy levels/body language more than your response to their energy.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at NIKE in March 2015.

Applied through the site, got a call about 2 days later and connected with the Interviewer over the phone. Two weeks later I got an email saying I was not able to get another interview. The representative was very nice, so just relax.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NIKE in March 2015.

The morning after I posted my resume on a job searching sight I was emailed by a recruiter about an offer with Nike. I replied that I was interested and she called and we began discussing skills needed and contract rate. She then contacted different Nike managers and I had an interview with one of the managers. A few days later I had a technical interview. The same day as the technical interview I was extended an offer.

Interview Questions
    • When it comes to JavaScript frameworks you have experience with Angular and React. When would you use one vs the other and what are their relative strengths and weaknesses.   View Answer

Sourcing Manager, Direct Procurement Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at NIKE in March 2015.

Interview consisted of 3 rounds - HR screening, phone call with hiring manager and onsite interviews. There were 4 interviews with Directors (mainly STAR and experience-based questions). I was given time to prepare and present a case to a group of 5 directors. It was a relatively easy case on negotiation strategy with a vendor, but the presentation part was intimidating. Did not get the offer.

Seasonal Athlete Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at NIKE in March 2015.

Applied through the site, got a call about 2 days later and connected with the Interviewer over the phone. I passed the phone interview and then got a second interview to nike store.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you believe you would be a suitable candidate?
      Why Nike?
      If you had a job that didn't pay you money what would it be?
      How to you keep up with the latest nike product?

Answer Question

Part-time Athlete Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, NC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at NIKE in March 2015.

It was a group interview with 6-7 other people and the head coach. It was overall an easy interview, I got a phone call a week after my interview with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you had good/bad customer service. Name a time you had to tell someone something you didn't want to tell them.   Answer Question

Nike Athlete Interview

I applied online on a Thursday and received an email the following Monday to schedule an interview.
    It was a group of four total and the questions asked were beyond easy. I received an email the day after, requesting a background check.

Athlete (Aka Retail Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NIKE in February 2015.

So it's a group interview and they take you back in a room with for me it was 2 lady's that have been with Nike for 17 and 18 years. They were inviting and taking notes so try not to be nervous in front of them or your peers.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you saw someone lie and you knew it was one.   View Answer
    • Tell us about a Time you received (good or bad they choose which) service.   View Answer
    • What are you passionate about and why would this help in our store?   View Answer
    • Name a time someone told you to do something you didn't want to do.   View Answer
    • Name a time you had to tell someone something that could be hard or challenging for them to hear   View Answer