NIKE

Very Difficult Interview

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Budapest (Hungary)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at NIKE in January 2007.

Interview Details – Had to go through 5 rounds of interviews, including one at the European HQ. Met all the managers in the country, and had 1:1 interviews wit hall of them. Tests, presentations, meetings and a lot of questions both in local language and English. First meeting: recruiter (overall introduction, explanation of the role, and the expectations). 2nd: at the employer's office: management board (still only introduction, to help them decide whether they want to continue or not). 3rd: direct manager of the offered position: 1:1 interwiew with the future boss 4th: presentation skills and other tests (managers). 5th: at the European HQ (with the top-line manager) 6th: negotiation, salary talk (with the Country GM)

Interview Question – where would you like to be (where do you see yourself) in 3-5-10 years   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Pretty strict guidelines and company policy, so negotiations were not too succesful, but the starting packered that was offered met my expectations.

Very Difficult Interview

Textiles Interview

Textiles
Beaverton, OR

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at NIKE in December 2010.

Interview Details – I had a full month of weekly interviews, before flying out to Oregon for the in-person interview. Everyone was really great. I'm not sure how long the hiring process takes, considering I had four phone interviews.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when....fill in the blank with a head scratcher...   Answer Question

Area Manager Interview

Area Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at NIKE in January 2011.

Interview Details – Online job application is filled out, then HR contacts you if they see a potential job opportunity. Then the manager of the job postition contact you and sets up a phone interview. If the phone interview is successful, proceed to a panel interview consisting of 3 managers via face to face and conference phone. Then you are contacted with job offer or denial.

Interview Question – Describe a time you had to discipline an employee.   Answer Question

Director of Stores Interview

Director of Stores

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at NIKE in September 2009.

Interview Details – Contacted by Human Resoure representative from their Home Office..She conducted an initial over the phone to discuss my resume..She then set up an over the phone for the end of the week...Interviewed with Human Resource Manager which lasted about 1 hour over the phone.

Interview Questions

• a. Tell me about a time you were prompted to share confidential information. How did you handle it?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about how you go about building a team   Answer Question

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Senior Marketing Manager
Beaverton, OR

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at NIKE in March 2008.

Interview Details – Nike uses situational based interviewing. It was a panel interview with 8 people all asking questions. Be prepared with many examples to give from your previous work experience on how you overcame challenges, dealt with obstacles, showed leadership, etc. Definitely an intense interview experience with that many people in the room.

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Hilversum (Netherlands)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at NIKE in September 2009.

Interview Details – 1 phone interview and 1 interview with 2 managers. People are friendly, dressed smart casual. phone interview was standard: about my interest in Nike, background, work experience.
Face to face int. is based on real examples from your past

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – offered a low salary..I am a starter

Coordinator Interview

Coordinator

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at NIKE in June 2010.

Interview Details – Interview process began with a phone interview with a recruiter. She asked me roughly 10 questions mostly behavioral and skill set. Then i was contacted about 3 weeks later to set up a panel interview with 3 people that are currently working at nike. They took turns asking similar questions and writing down notes. Was then conctacted by recruiter to update me on process and was contacted to do a background check and references and then was offered the job.

Interview Question – Name a time when you had to become the key lead and/or face for a project.   Answer Question

Sports Marketing Interview

Sports Marketing
Beaverton, OR

The process took 3 months - interviewed at NIKE in January 2009.

Interview Details – I had a series of phone interviews since the company is located across the country from where i live. Everyone was friendly, most were hiring managers for positions available. I had 4 phone interviews with managers, 2 with HR, and then one call from my ultimate manager that hired me. The process started in Jan and I got hired on April Fools day. Took a long time, but was well worth it

Interview Question – Walk me through your experiences   Answer Question

Brand Merchant Interview

Brand Merchant
Portland, OR

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at NIKE in July 2010.

Interview Details – I'm still in the process of interviewing with Nike, but my experience so far has been positive. HR was very friendly, and always got back to me on every step of the process. After the interviews with potential manager & colleagues, I would write a "thank you" e-mail, and would even get a response back from them (which is usually not the case, from my experience). I should be hearing back soon on whether I will get an offer or not, and after my little experience with the company so far-- I'm definitely hoping I do!

Interview Question – Please define what "Merchandising" means in a single sentence.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at NIKE in February 2010.

Interview Details – Tough interview. The whole process was very thorough and they wanted to make you sure were confident in your skills. The company is great with a diverse culture

Interview Questions

• How would I describe my ideal leader?   View Answer
  • The typical describe an event in the past year where I help revolutionize a process   Answer Question

Worked for NIKE? Contribute to the Community!