NIKE

Updated Apr 11, 2014

Getting the Interview

211 candidate interviews

Seasonal Athlete Interview

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at NIKE in May 2013.

Interview Details – Group process. They asked questions and we went through the room with our answers. They asked about 7 questions. They were looking for sports words."team work", "discipline", so on and so forth.

Interview Question – They asked what our experience with the brand was. They also asked of our experience in sports.   Answer Question

Product Design Engineer Interview

Portland, OR

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at NIKE in October 2010.

Interview Details – Dealt with an HR screen first. This was simply a review of my resume, and a "why do you want to do this?" conversation. Next step was a phone interview with hiring manager. This was a thorough review of my qualifications, the job responsibilities, and my interest in the job. A few weeks later - I was brought in for an in-person panel interview. This was a very perfunctory, scripted interview, where the questions were asked from a piece of paper. Wasn't too original. I was given most of these questions before the interview, so was adequately prepared.

Interview Question – Describe a difficult engineering challenge that you struggled to solve?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Straight forward negotiation - was given a modest concession ($2k), and accepted.

Architect Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at NIKE.

Interview Details – Two rounds of interview. The first round was with the HR on Skype. General Behavioral questions and I was told that my resume would be forwarded to other hiring managers. Next round was with the hiring manager on the telephone. It was a 30 minute interview with two people. General Questions about the background and work experience. What do you expect from this internship? What would you change at Nike?

Took one month to process.

Interview Question – What are the problems you think Nike is facing?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Beaverton, OR

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at NIKE in January 2013.

Interview Details – Process was long and drawn out. There were first one way video interviews where candidates filmed themselves answering questions. Then came a couple phone interviews. Next, they assigned a project for candidates to complete. It was taking a look at current business prompts from within Nike. Finally, there was another phone interview before the offer.

Interview Question – All questions were pretty standard. A variety of behavioral questions as well as some industry specific and function specific questions used to gauge your strengths or interests.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiated starting and ending date, and housing stipend.

Very Easy Interview

Retail Sales Associate Interview

New Orleans, LA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at NIKE in January 2010.

Interview Details – Applied online during the grand opening process

Interview Question – What is merchandising?   Answer Question

Store Athlete Interview

Minneapolis, MN

I applied online and interviewed at NIKE.

Interview Details – Was selected for an initial phone screen, which was a basic phone call just to get to know who I am. From there, scheduled an in person interview. The interview was decent. Mostly situational questions, which at times can be tough

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you witnessed a coworker lying. How did you handle this situation?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Athlete Interview

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at NIKE.

Interview Details – I applied at Indeed.com, and got a phone interview call that asked basic questions such as, "What's your favorite shoe?, Why do you want to work for Nike?, What's your asking pay?. I was called a week later for an in-person interview which was a group interview of about 6 people including myself. The 2 managers interviewing us asked everyone work related questions. You were not asked directly, and everyone had to rise their hands before being called. The interview process was surprisingly fun and everyone was in a good mood.

Interview Question – Name a time you had to deal with a problem with out an manager being there   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I

Brand Manager Interview

Portland, OR

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at NIKE in November 2013.

Interview Details – contacted by recruiter after applying online, then meet the team

Interview Question – examples of brands that you find inspirational   Answer Question

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Interviewed at NIKE

Interview Details – met with recruiter than face to face with manager

Interview Question – why do you want to work at nike   Answer Question

PCA Interview

Taichung (Taiwan)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at NIKE in February 2014.

Interview Details – 1st round - HK HR, just a basic and quick interview. the questions are based on cv/resume. at the end of the interview i was asked to answer the question "what kind of exercise do you normally do?" in english.

2nd round - Taichung Office, the interviewers are fluent in english and the whole process were in english. They asked me about 12 or so scripted questions. it was kind of hard for me cuz the questions were really experience-oriented but I was just a masters graduate. guess they would prefer an experienced candidate. the whole process was exhausting cuz hey kept asking the scripted and follow-up questions.

Interview Question – all questions are stated as scenarios but they would expect you to answer by real experiences of yours.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at NIKE

Worked for NIKE? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at NIKE interview questions and advice. All 211 interview reviews posted anonymously by NIKE employees and interview candidates.