NIKE

Updated Dec 10, 2014
Updated Dec 10, 2014

2.7

Project Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at NIKE.

Applied online and was contacted a couple days later by a recruiter. Did a phone interview with the recruiter followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager a couple days later. Two weeks later I went onsite and did a panel interview with the hiring manager and two other members of the team. The panel interview was difficult but not overwhelming. Each panel member had a couple of prepared questions and they went around the table asking their scripted questions. The questions were about my background, examples of past experiences and hypothetical situations. The panel session lasted about one hour. All of the team members were extremely personable. Overall it was a very enjoyable interview process.

It was after the interview that things got strange...

A few hours after the interview I received confirmation from recruiter that they wanted to make me an offer. I was asked what I was looking for in terms of salary and I told them what I made currently. It was the same number as I told the recruiter in the initial interview so it shouldn't have come as a surprise. Recruiter sent me a benefits package and said would get back to me.

Couple days and then weeks went by and I did not hear anything about the status. Finally I was able to chase down recruiter to find out what happened and then was told position was pulled. Very little detail was provided. It was all very odd since I had already been told they wanted to make an offer.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult questions were the "tell me about a time" questions. I don't remember any specifics but I remember they really wanted to know how you handled yourself in certain types of situations historically.   Answer Question

Nike Athlete Interview

I applied online – interviewed at NIKE.

Saw ad on a job listing site and decided to apply online. Received an email requesting a phone interview. Called and spoke with a recruiter. Initially thought the interview went well. Did not get a response until 2 weeks via email later telling me that I am not being considered anymore.

Nike Athlete Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at NIKE in September 2010.

It was 3 interviews, phone, group & individual. Took about a month for everything to go thru. Phone was basic, grouo was fun, a bunch if company questions, individual was more about you & what your about & whatyou can bring to the company.

Interview Questions
    Non negotible, its set & done

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leesburg, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leesburg, VA

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at NIKE.

Talked to manager in store and was told to apply online. Applied online and followed up with manager in store and on phone. Was asked to come in for an interview and did. Very laid back, casual conversation with three other applicants. Questions mostly revolved around customer service and work ethic talking about bad experiences and good experiences.

Interview Questions
    Ask for $10 starting salary. They won't go above $10 but will try to give you less starting out. My initial salary was $9.25 but was given a raise after a year at the company.

Season Athlete Interview

Easy straight forward questions really. Filled out application online and was called same week to interview with another potential employee. Questions about prior experience on how you handle specific situations in the work place.

Great

Consumer Digital Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eugene, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eugene, OR

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at NIKE in November 2014.

It was a very good process overall. I was flown out to their world headquarters in Oregon where I had 3 separate interviews in the morning fallowed by a campus tour and lunch among other things.

Interview Questions
    • If you were to think of a game changing bleeding edge idea for Nike what would it be?   View Answer
    There really wasn't much negotiation.

Part Time Athlete Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at NIKE in November 2014.

The interview was grouped and they asked scenario based questions. Job history was asked as well plus You should show them that you have knowledge of the company. It was fun and easy in my opinion. Just know what you're talking about.

Interview Questions
    • Give us a time when you performed good customer service.   Answer Question

Cdt Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at NIKE in October 2014.

on campus interview.
    The interviewer is very kind, very easy going man.
    1.the most challenging thing in my project.
    2.how will you improve your project?
    3.why you want to work for nike?
    4.do you want to relocate to Beaverton, OR
    After send thanks email to the interviewer, he respond me that very interested in my project.
    After interview with engineer, I have another interview with the HR ask some questions about work authorities.

Seasonal Athlete Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NIKE in November 2014.

Applied on Saturday November 1, got a call on Monday (which was very fast) for an interview on Thursday. It was supposed to be a big group interview with at least 5 or 6 people, but was myself and one other applicant. We met in the store and went downstairs to a lounge/eating area and conducted the interview. The day after the interview i recived the HireRight form. One week later (today) i recieved an email that there were "other qualified applicants" and so i didnt recieve the job.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time where you recieved good/bad customer service.
      What did you do when you didnt understand something? (how did you handle it)
      Explain a time where you had to work as a team to reach a certain goal.
      Favorite Nike Product
      Passion for sports
      Passion in life

Answer Question

Seasonal Athlete Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at NIKE in August 2014.

Initially I applied online for the seasonal athlete position and heard back from the company about 2 weeks later. I called to follow up earlier than that at the Niketown Seattle location; however, resumes are actually approved by corporate before moving down to the Nike locations.

After 2 weeks I received a call which also doubled as my phone interview in which they asked me about 3 or 4 questions (tip: passion for sports is huge). After the phone interview was done they scheduled an in-person interview about 2 more weeks out.

The in-person interview took about a half hour in which they asked a variety of questions. I was interviewed by 2 of the coaches and found it to be a very relaxed atmosphere. I was wearing a dress shirt and tie and felt quite overdressed (go no tie for sure).

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time in which you gave quality customer service in any previous positions.   Answer Question
    Nike is pretty good about matching previous hourly wages so I would ask for what you got from your previous job.