NIKE Interview Questions

Updated Jun 28, 2015

2.7

Nike Athlete Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at NIKE in May 2015.

Interview

Let me start off by saying to anyone looking to get hired by Nike, read the interview reviews and take heed! I did so, and it helped me to feel prepared and confident in the fact that I was the right candidate. I applied online on a Thursday and received a phone call from a recruiter on Monday morning. As far as the application process, given the high volume of responses Nike receives, I suggest you write a targeted cover letter pinpointing the qualifications of the position and highlighted how your skills can fulfill those purposes. As far as the phone interview, just show your passion and enthusiasm for Nike and sports. You will find out if they want to move on to an in person interview before the end of the call. PAY ATTENTION to any and all tips the recruiter gives you for the in person interview, as you will find they will serve your best interest. For the interview I suggest arriving early and checking in with an employee with a clipboard. Be confident, passionate about sports and Nike, speak with authority, be as detailed and specific as possible when answering questions, show your ability to be a part of a team, be the unique candidate that stands out as it is a group interview and most importantly BE YOURSELF. It's a real chill interview. At the end they will tell you that you'll find out either way if they want to proceed. If you are chosen you will receive an email to submit a background check. At that point, if you pass the background check, you will be offered the position.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite Nike product and why?   1 Answer
    • Describe a time when you had to be a part of a team?   1 Answer
    • Tell us about yourself and why you want to work for Nike.   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at NIKE (Beaverton, OR).

Interview

Many phone interviews followed by a visit to campus. In person visit to HQ included a day of interviews and a panel interview. They give you a packet prior to arriving encouraging you to take risks and be innovative. Communication is not very good overall - Very unique culture

Interview Questions

• What is your top accomplishment at you previous employer   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at NIKE.

Interview

Applied online and maybe a week later got a call to schedule an interview 3 days later i went for a one on one interview....received the hireright background check the next day! Got a job offer 4 days later

Seasonal Athlete Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at NIKE (Beaverton, OR) in May 2015.

Interview

Group interview with 5 other candidates and 3 interviewers. Answered about 5 simple questions, did a small team excercise and ended with asking our own questions. Interview was a relaxed setting and everyone was really nice.

Interview Questions

• Why are you a good fit for Nike and why is Nike a good fit for you?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase

Part Time Athlete Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Central Valley, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at NIKE (Central Valley, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online. About 3 weeks late I got a email with a phone number to call that day. Called and did the phone interview. Very basic questions. We set up a date for me to do the group interview in a hotel. There were 8 people total being interviewed at the same time. 2 interviewers. 6 questions, you answer when you feel like it. TRY to speak up first, don't be shy. Normally im extremely shy but if you want the job, act like it. I got an email exactly 7 days later for the background check.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to tell someone something you didnt want to

Name a time you witnessed someone being dishonest and what did you do

What do you have a passion for and how would you relate it to customers, & favorite nike product/why

Name a time you had a conflict with someone and how you resoolved it

Name a time when you sparked up a conversation with a complete stranger

1 Answer

Seasonal Athlete Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at NIKE (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

First you have the phone screening then if you pass that you get an in person. At the in person there were about 40 people and we were broke into 4 groups & asked a different question by each of the Head Coaches that went from group to group. They weren't difficult questions and the coaches were easy going but you have to be extremely detailed and say exactly what they want to hear. I studied for the interview via glassed door for a couple days and even developed programmed responses for each question and still didn't receive an offer.

Nike Athlete Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Leandro, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at NIKE (San Leandro, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I had to wait about two days. I applied the first day and then received an email saying about a follow up phone interview and then that was basically it. It only took about 5 minutes for so.

PT Athlete Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ysidro, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at NIKE (San Ysidro, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Similar to the other reviews on glass door, they ask about you... Try to feel out your personality and if you're a better fit than the others being interviewed. Group interview of 6 people. Study the company, practice interviewing techniques and answers you'd give, and show team work by listening to others replys/directing your eyes to the speaker. Answer their prompts with confidence (body language and eye contact).

Interview Questions

• How you accomplished a task without knowing how to do it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not necessary, I reviewed close to what I asked for in pay.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at NIKE (Beaverton, OR) in May 2015.

Interview

Had a Skype call with the dev manager to discuss my experience and the role. Then had an in person interview with the dev team, which included a programming problem on the whiteboard. The team was friendly. They seemed genuinely interested in finding out if I could be a good fit on the team. It wasn't an interview of "gothca" questions.

PT Athlete Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at NIKE.

Interview

Hireright does all of the hiring process for NIKE from phone interview to job offer, except the group interview which is generally 6-8 people with 3 upper mgmt. You then get an email regarding their choice to move forward with you or not. You submit your background check paper to hireright and depending on results you may or may not be offered a position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Comin in as a rookie with little to no experience there is no negotiation. Also you MUST be available for weekends.