NIKE Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2015

2.7

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NIKE in March 2015.

Interview

The morning after I posted my resume on a job searching sight I was emailed by a recruiter about an offer with Nike. I replied that I was interested and she called and we began discussing skills needed and contract rate. She then contacted different Nike managers and I had an interview with one of the managers. A few days later I had a technical interview. The same day as the technical interview I was extended an offer.

Interview Questions

• When it comes to JavaScript frameworks you have experience with Angular and React. When would you use one vs the other and what are their relative strengths and weaknesses.   1 Answer

Sourcing Manager, Direct Procurement Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at NIKE (Beaverton, OR) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview consisted of 3 rounds - HR screening, phone call with hiring manager and onsite interviews. There were 4 interviews with Directors (mainly STAR and experience-based questions). I was given time to prepare and present a case to a group of 5 directors. It was a relatively easy case on negotiation strategy with a vendor, but the presentation part was intimidating. Did not get the offer.

Seasonal Athlete Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at NIKE (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied through the site, got a call about 2 days later and connected with the Interviewer over the phone. I passed the phone interview and then got a second interview to nike store.

Interview Questions

• Why do you believe you would be a suitable candidate?
      Why Nike?
      If you had a job that didn't pay you money what would it be?
      How to you keep up with the latest nike product?

Answer Question

Part-time Athlete Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at NIKE (Concord, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

It was a group interview with 6-7 other people and the head coach. It was overall an easy interview, I got a phone call a week after my interview with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had good/bad customer service. Name a time you had to tell someone something you didn't want to tell them.   Answer Question

Nike Athlete Interview

Interview

I applied online on a Thursday and received an email the following Monday to schedule an interview.
    It was a group of four total and the questions asked were beyond easy. I received an email the day after, requesting a background check.

Athlete (Aka Retail Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NIKE (Las Vegas, NV) in February 2015.

Interview

So it's a group interview and they take you back in a room with for me it was 2 lady's that have been with Nike for 17 and 18 years. They were inviting and taking notes so try not to be nervous in front of them or your peers.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you saw someone lie and you knew it was one.   1 Answer
    • Tell us about a Time you received (good or bad they choose which) service.   1 Answer
    • What are you passionate about and why would this help in our store?   1 Answer
    • Name a time someone told you to do something you didn't want to do.   1 Answer
    • Name a time you had to tell someone something that could be hard or challenging for them to hear   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at NIKE.

Interview

I applied online through a recruiter company first and then was contacted with a brief phone interview to review my resume and go over the process, emails exchanged info then met in person at HQ.

Interview Questions

• Basic why do you want this job, what are your strengths?   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at NIKE.

Interview

Online application. I had three phone interviews and one Skype interview before an offer was extended. Skype interview included questions coming up on the screen and a minute for me to think about them before I was recorded.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yes. I would recommend negotiating when an offer is extended.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Destin, FL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at NIKE (Destin, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

Waited several days after i submitted an application for a call back. I then called and first spoke to the other assistant head coach on the store and requested I call back the following day to speak with head coach. When I called and got a hold of him, he asked me why applied and then asked if I had managerial experience. I told him I do have the experience, just not the title. I expanded a little bit by describing sine of my current duties and that I have worked in retail for over 6 years and been in a leadership role for the last 3. He then cut the phone call short and said that he was only looking for someone with manager experience.

At my current job I am responsible for organizing job fairs, interviewing, hiring, onboarding, training, coaching, developing, and creating individualized action plans and performance improvement plans for struggling employees. I started a committee in our store to improve our community outreach and overall employee satisfaction. We have since donated time and money to MS research, Breast Cancer awareness, Relay for Life, Boys and girls club, abd several others. I have planned post holiday work parties, Easter gatherings, kickball events with neighboring stores.

I have an extreme passion for my career and own development as well as the companies I work for, but this was all overlooked because my title says "supervisor" and not "manager".

I am not saying I would have gotten the job our that I was the candidate to apply, but there is no way to know without even interviewing me. The interview is where you should learn about your candidate abd uncover any missing abilities, not on an application or even a resume.

Nike Athlete Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at NIKE (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

So I saw an ad online at indeed for Nike part time athlete so I applied submitted my resume and cover letter, I recommend you submit both.

Got an email, less than a week from applying which is pretty quick, email asked me to call a number for a quick phone interview never got the chance, but 2 days later they eventually called me did the phone interview, simple questions
    What's your availability?
    How do you stay active?
    How do you deal with an unsure customer or how to satisfy one?
    Phone interview was pretty easy, lady was really nice made it easy to talk to her.
    She told me I would be receiving another phone call soon saying I moved on to the next step, got a call couple days later scheduling a group interview which I hate.
    Showed up to the group interview like 10+ people waiting in the lobby got split up into two groups my group had 6 people. We met with 3 Nike higher up's, they were all very nice freindly inviting.
    Personally I thought the group interview went below average for me, I was always the one who had to answer the questions first but because I volunteered, thought it would make me look better but I felt since I went first everyone had a better response to the questions and upstaged me.
    There were only about 3-4 questions.
    Why choose Nike?
    Have you ever... Or when was a time...
    Those type of questions
    Have you ever caught someone being dishonest at the workplace? What did you do?
    Name a time you talked to a stranger and why?
    Name a time someone told you to do something and you were unsure how did you solve the problem.
    Of course a little introduction of your self.
    I thought all hope was lost for me.
    They told us we would be hearing from the hiring company in 7-14 days. To tell us we moved on to the next stage background check all that stuff.
    Immediately the next day after I got an email for a background check which was very surprising.
    Filled out the forms online, nothing further was needed.
    Got another email a week later saying congratulations, please call this number to discuss further, lady I talked to made me an offer I accepted.
    She explained to me that I would need to attend a hire work, where I would fill out papers.
    And also training which is 3 days(9 hours each day)
    *I haven't attended these last two, there not really apart of the interview process anymore but thought I should mention it.
    So In all process takes about 3-4 weeks.

Note: talk about how your passionate about sports, even if your not, do it!

I'm not the greatest public speaker and was pretty nervous through the group interview and I got the job so if I can do it pretty much anyone can.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you saw someone being dishonest, what did you do about it?   Answer Question