NIKE

Updated Nov 17, 2014
Updated Nov 17, 2014

2.7

Shipping and Receiving Associate Interview

The initial online application was fairly standard: a short questionnaire, resume, and brief cover letter. Those selected for an interview were contacted by phone. The interview was done in a group setting, with two interviewers and around seven or eight being interviewed. Dress for the interview was business casual (I didn't even feel under dressed in a golf polo shirt), and the interviewers were fairly laid back. They want to get a feel for your personality more than your skills, because almost all the work requires on-the-job training. After the interview, contact was again made by phone to notify applicants of the decision and make arrangements for hiring, if necessary.

Interview Questions
    • Share an experience of a time you helped mentor or train another employee   View Answer
    There was a little flexibility in selecting availability, but other than that, there wasn't anything to negotiate.

Nike Athlete Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NIKE.

The process took 2 weeks. I applied online and got a call from a recruiting member for a phone interview. I passed it and was set up for a group interview the next day. The questions were really simple, nothing out of the ordinary. The interview was laid back and felt really comfortable. it was 4 of us and 2 managers. The managers said we should here a response in the next 48 hours.

Cdt Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at NIKE in October 2014.

on campus interview.
    The interviewer is very kind, very easy going man.
    1.the most challenging thing in my project.
    2.how will you improve your project?
    3.why you want to work for nike?
    4.do you want to relocate to Beaverton, OR
    After send thanks email to the interviewer, he respond me that very interested in my project.
    After interview with engineer, I have another interview with the HR ask some questions about work authorities.

Nike Athlete Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at NIKE.

Once you get to the interview it will be a group interview so do your best to stand out.3 people will be on the panel. Make sure to focus on being as detailed as possible and using recent examples. Also if you can give more than one example that will be a huge help. Focus on your sport passion and your ability to work in a team when talking to them.

Interview Questions
    • Whats your favorite sports movie and candy and why?   View Answer
    Starting pay was higher then my previous job so took it

Seasonal Athlete Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at NIKE.

Asked about retail situations, why nike, ask about the 7 brand "keys" and to describe what one of them means to you. Knowledge of Nike helps during the interview phase obviously.

Interview Questions
    • Choose one of the 7 "keys" and describe what it means to you   View Answer

Nike Athlete Interview

It was extremely unorganized. They told me to show up 15 minutes early. Didn't get called back till 20+minutes after the interview time. Waited around for 40 minutes. Got called back with a group of 10 people. Process took about 25 minutes total

Interview Questions
    • Why nike? What are you passionate about? Let us know when you had good and bad customer service. And what do you do when you see someone being dishonest   Answer Question

Digital Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at NIKE.

I was recruited via LinkedIn. The recruiter set me up with interviews across different departments since it's a matrix organization, but it wasn't clear to me which specific role I was interviewing for at any given time. I thought I was talking to someone about the first role we'd discussed, but found out the recruiter was putting me up for a different role only when asked for specific feedback about the person's department. I would have prepared differently had I known I was actually speaking about a second role. A great, innovative company with disorganization on the recruiting side : / I also had a scheduled interview that was canceled without anyone telling me.

Seasonal Athlete Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mebane, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mebane, NC

I applied online – interviewed at NIKE.

I applied online, and was called for a brief phone interview. While on this phone interview, I was asked to schedule an on-site interview. When I arrived for this on-site interview, I was surprised to find out it was in a group setting. I was a little disappointed that I was not informed of it being a group interview, however I participated anyway. 1-2 weeks later, I received an email with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult or unexpected. However, I did like that they asked what our favorite Nike product was.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation. Their offer was generous and I accepted.

Management Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at NIKE.

The interviewing process is based on competencies from your previous experiences. The questions are very direct and meant to invoke specific response based on your career or life experiences. How you hold up in telling your story and being able to paint your picture of successes, will determine if you are a match.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you were given a project that you didn't quite understand, what did you do?   View Answer

Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at NIKE in August 2014.

1. I found the position on Nike's career site and applied online. However, knowing that online applications can be a bit of a black-hole, I found people who were on the team that was hiring for the position on LinkedIn and emailed them my resume and a brief note expressing my interest directly. Nike email format is pretty easy to figure out: first.last@nike.com

2. I received a response on the same day from someone I directly emailed, noting that my background was of interest and that the hiring manager would review my resume. A couple of weeks later I reached out to the hiring manager asking if there was still interest and the hiring manager set up a phone interview for the next day. Afterwards, he set up another hour-long phone interview with a couple other members on his team.

3. I was later contacted by one of the team members that I had a phone interview with via email to expand upon some of the answers I gave and I responded in a detailed 1-2 page write up.

4. Another week passed before I was contacted by the hiring manager saying that they were interested in flying me out to Beaverton WHQ for a super-day interview (multiple interviews on the same day). I had a campus tour that lasted 45 minutes, given by a team-member which was a casual-interviewesque talk during the tour, followed by a panel (6 members) interview where I had to present my findings regarding a couple of questions that were emailed to me a week in advance (excel/powerpoint based questions regarding market size and merchandise prices and examples of best-in-class pricing strategies).

Following the panel interview, I had an hour long lunch with the hiring manager which was also an interview - pretty general questions - mostly behavior based. After that, I had 3 more 30-60 min interviews with other team members. One was purely behavior based, the other two were technical based regarding modeling/economics/etc.

5. After a week passed I reached out to ask if a decision had been made. I assume if I didn't reach out, I would've waited for another week before I would've heard a decision from them.

I can't speak to salary because that wasn't discussed, though they asked for a range up front during the phone interviews. I didn't interact with HR other than for when they set up my flight to come out to portland.

The process was professional, the campus is great though very suburban, and they pay for your flight/hotel/rental car/food while out there. You really have to make sure your behavioral interview answers are tight and to the point - Nike looks for a very specific type of person.

Interview Questions
    • Why should we not hire you? Other specific questions on pricing analytics, how would you tackle fx/inflation changes in various countries regarding global pricing, how would you develop value-based pricing metrics given sales data.   Answer Question