NIKE Interview Questions

Updated Sep 14, 2014
Updated Sep 14, 2014

2.8

Part Time Athlete Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 days - interviewed at NIKE in May 2014.

Was called for an interview and showed up the next morning, but was NOT told it was a group interview. Which was upsetting to me. I prefer one on one.

Interview Questions

I declined because nike only offered me 10-15 hours a week. That is absolutely too low. My current part time employer gives me 30 hours a week. And I couldn't work both so I had to decline due to the low offer.

Seasonal Athlete Interview

Was called back shortly after applying. Then had an interview and management was beyond nice. The questions were simple given a situation or from past history of a situation. After the questions you are asked for your availability again and you're ready to go.

Other job came up.

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at NIKE in May 2010.

Panel Interview with four people in conference room. Everyone very nice. Intro'd themselves, told me about position. Asked me to review my resume with them before getting to the questions. Once questions answered there was time to ask them questions

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral interview, no question unexpected or difficult. just standard, "Tell me about a time..."   Answer Question
    No real negotiation.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Beaverton, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at NIKE.

Straightforward in the sense that they ask SMART interview questions, but if you give an ambiguous response they'll push you once to get more specific and then move on -- but ding you for not having an answer. This shouldn't be an issue as if you're going to add value, you should be able to speak to your past and future potential contributions.

Interview Questions
    • N/A; as stated, study SMART questions and make sure you can speak to your specific abilities.   Answer Question
    No negotiation from initial offer, but since I was leveraging another offer their initial was higher than I had expected.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Louisville, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at NIKE in June 2014.

Went to a job fair and talked to the district manager. Explained what I was interested in full time and was told to leave my phone/email address. I was also told to go online and apply. Did so and was called back by a 3rd party (think overseas phone center) to do a phone interview. I was told that I needed to change my work availability to Days-afternoons-weekends if I wanted to be considered. I did so and was called right back. Phone interview went well and then was called in for a face/face. That was nerve wracking. Panel of 3 managers throwing out questions and lots of people in the room. CATTLE CALL!!!
    The questions were- Describe your favorite Nike Product in detail (KNOW YOUR PRODUCTS!) What is great customer service- Describe a time when you were given great service or poor service.
    I was told that I would hear back within a week. I haven't and I'm fine with that because come to find out, they only have part time positions available. After all that!!!!!!!!! :/

Interview Questions
    • What is your passion? When were you given great or poor customer service?   View Answer

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Beaverton, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

I applied online. The process took 5 months - interviewed at NIKE in October 2012.

Initial phone interview followed by an in-person interview panel consisting of PMO Director and Service Delivery Manager. I Was given a work scenario and had to demonstrate how basic project management techniques provide value to internal customers. I also had to develop an example method I would use to approach senior level management when their assistance would be needed.

Interview Questions
    • How do you get a difficult customer to sign off on something when everyone before you failed to get a final okay on something the customer requested and does not want to pay for??   Answer Question
    No negotiation - offer was presented with a "take it or leave it" attitude. In hindsight I ought to have just left it.

Nike Athlete Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at NIKE.

Managers are very easy to speak to. The hiring and interview process is not difficult at all. Everything is extremely simple and Managers help you to understand everything in the company.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question I believe would be "what are your weaknesses".   Answer Question
    Have goals set, they like to see that you know what you want to do. Be confident.

Seasonal Athlete Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at NIKE.

Applied online - had an employee reference. A call came about 2 weeks later for the interview. Interview was conducted within a group and asked situational questions (very relaxed).
    Q's were similar to "tell me about a time you had to solve an issue, provide customer service, etc."

In all, they just want to get to know you

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you did something that you didn't agree with.   Answer Question
    Offer came within 6 weeks of interview

Sales Athlete Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at NIKE.

I was referred for this job, so my experience may be slightly different. I had initial email communication to tell the hiring manager a little about myself and my background. Shortly after that I was invited for an on-site interview. The interview was a group interview with at least ten other people.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were related to sports or the company. No surprises.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Why did you apply for this job
    Why did you leave your last job? / Why are you planning to leave your job?
    Can you tell us something more about your working experience?
    Can you tell us something more about your working experience?
    Can you tell me something about your education?