NIKE

Relevance Date Difficulty

Product Design Engineer Interview

Product Design Engineer
Portland, OR

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at NIKE in October 2010.

Interview Details – Dealt with an HR screen first. This was simply a review of my resume, and a "why do you want to do this?" conversation. Next step was a phone interview with hiring manager. This was a thorough review of my qualifications, the job responsibilities, and my interest in the job. A few weeks later - I was brought in for an in-person panel interview. This was a very perfunctory, scripted interview, where the questions were asked from a piece of paper. Wasn't too original. I was given most of these questions before the interview, so was adequately prepared.

Interview Question – Describe a difficult engineering challenge that you struggled to solve?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Straight forward negotiation - was given a modest concession ($2k), and accepted.

Intern Interview

Intern
Beaverton, OR

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at NIKE in January 2013.

Interview Details – Process was long and drawn out. There were first one way video interviews where candidates filmed themselves answering questions. Then came a couple phone interviews. Next, they assigned a project for candidates to complete. It was taking a look at current business prompts from within Nike. Finally, there was another phone interview before the offer.

Interview Question – All questions were pretty standard. A variety of behavioral questions as well as some industry specific and function specific questions used to gauge your strengths or interests.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiated starting and ending date, and housing stipend.

Very Easy Interview

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Retail Sales Associate
New Orleans, LA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at NIKE in January 2010.

Interview Details – Applied online during the grand opening process

Interview Question – What is merchandising?   View Answer

Store Athlete Interview

Store Athlete
Minneapolis, MN

I applied online and interviewed at NIKE.

Interview Details – Was selected for an initial phone screen, which was a basic phone call just to get to know who I am. From there, scheduled an in person interview. The interview was decent. Mostly situational questions, which at times can be tough

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you witnessed a coworker lying. How did you handle this situation?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Athlete Interview

Athlete

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at NIKE.

Interview Details – I applied at Indeed.com, and got a phone interview call that asked basic questions such as, "What's your favorite shoe?, Why do you want to work for Nike?, What's your asking pay?. I was called a week later for an in-person interview which was a group interview of about 6 people including myself. The 2 managers interviewing us asked everyone work related questions. You were not asked directly, and everyone had to rise their hands before being called. The interview process was surprisingly fun and everyone was in a good mood.

Interview Question – Name a time you had to deal with a problem with out an manager being there   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Business Systems Analyst

Interviewed at NIKE

Interview Details – met with recruiter than face to face with manager

Interview Question – why do you want to work at nike   Answer Question

Seasonal Athlete Interview

Seasonal Athlete
Marysville, WA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at NIKE in August 2010.

Interview Details – Turned in my online application (they don't use paper apps), instead of waiting around fingers crossed for a interview I called them a few times and came in to "check on my application". They scheduled me a 15 minute interview at the store I wanted to work at. I dressed business casual but some of my associates say they wore Nike clothing. I would suggest business wear however, shows you are serious. The questions were easy enough.
What was a time you were faced with a challenge at work and how did you deal with it?
What leadership positions have you held?
How would you handle an upset customer?

Interview Question – None of them were particularly difficult. They just want to see your outgoing personality.   Answer Question

Seasonal Athlete Interview

Seasonal Athlete

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at NIKE.

Interview Details – Applied online when the application was available. Got a call back a few weeks later to do a phone interview and the group interview was scheduled at the same time. Some got called back right after they applied, just depends on how soon you apply from when they'll be doing interviews. Group interview wasn't difficult. Typical questions of "explain a time." Groups vary from 2-10 people.

Part-time Athlete Interview

Part-time Athlete
Central Valley, NY

I applied online - interviewed at NIKE in March 2014.

Interview Details – After applying online I heard back from HR about 1-2 weeks later. The first step was a phone interview which was behavioral and personality questions. The person was very nice and told me I was a great candidate for the group interview. The group interview was a but unorganized , there was not a specific order so candidates chimed in when they had an answer. The interview was about 5 questions the interviewing managers were enthusiastic which made the process easier. 2 days later I was sent the HireRight background check. 5 days after I submitted it I was called with an offer

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you've witnessed someone being dishonest, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Portland, OR

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at NIKE in February 2014.

Interview Details – Was contacted through my university's job board without applying through Nike. My interview was over the phone due to school closer, and was very relaxed. I thought I made a strong connection with the interviewer, but they did not select me for a second round interview.

Interview Question – Nothing was too unexpected, mostly behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at NIKE