NIKE Interview Questions

2.7

Part Time Athlete Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at NIKE in November 2014.

The interview was grouped and they asked scenario based questions. Job history was asked as well plus You should show them that you have knowledge of the company. It was fun and easy in my opinion. Just know what you're talking about.

Interview Questions
    • Give us a time when you performed good customer service.   Answer Question

Seasonal Athlete Interview

Anonymous Employee in White Plains, NY
    Anonymous Employee in White Plains, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NIKE in November 2014.

Applied on Saturday November 1, got a call on Monday (which was very fast) for an interview on Thursday. It was supposed to be a big group interview with at least 5 or 6 people, but was myself and one other applicant. We met in the store and went downstairs to a lounge/eating area and conducted the interview. The day after the interview i recived the HireRight form. One week later (today) i recieved an email that there were "other qualified applicants" and so i didnt recieve the job.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time where you recieved good/bad customer service.
      What did you do when you didnt understand something? (how did you handle it)
      Explain a time where you had to work as a team to reach a certain goal.
      Favorite Nike Product
      Passion for sports
      Passion in life

Answer Question

Athlete Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NIKE.

Applied online and was asked for a phone interview. They ask about your passion in sports and knowledge of Nike product. Was then asked for follow up interview in store. Interviewed by two managers along with one other person in the interview. Basic interview questions, just make sure to have extensive knowledge and show passion for the brand.

Interview Questions
    • Where does your passion for sports come from?   View Answer
    I had extensive retail experience so i was able to increase the pay.

Linux Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at NIKE.

The interviewing process was a simple process. They held a sIngle interview with standard non-complicated linux questions and later I received a phone call with offer from the contracting agency.

Senior Applications Engineer, Contract Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR
    Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at NIKE.

I was approached by a contracting company for this position. There was an initial phone screen, followed by a coding assignment , followed by in-person interview.

In-person with business team- 2 guys- scenario based questions like give me a scenario where you helped a project by doing this and that etc... , how will you deal with no requirements or no documentation about a project etc.. the guy was sometimes very abstract.

The tech interview was designing a basic web app with restful api.
    The technical interview was disappointing, this guy called "bobby" randomly called some other guy, and told me that this other guy is a random pick who will try to assess me without looking at my resume. This other random guy was basically trying to be a jerk, unprofessional, asking random questions etc.. I just didn't feel like putting any effort, even though I wanted to walk out several times just went along.

Interview Questions
    • The unexpected part was the unprofessional tech interviewer, I should have walked out but didn't just of decency. In 10 years of IT work experience I haven't seen jerks on an interview panel.   Answer Question

Nike Athlete Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online – interviewed at NIKE.

Filled application out online. The next day I received an email for a phone interview. I was scheduled a face to face interview a week later. However that location I applied for decided not to go forward with any interviews. I was asked if I would be interested in another location and was scheduled another interview within the same week.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example when you set a goal for yourself , how did you accomplish it ?   Answer Question
    • Give an example when you did something without instruction..   Answer Question
    • If you could do one thing for the rest of your life what would it be ? (exclude money)   Answer Question
    • Give an example when you felt someone was being dishonest , what did you do ?   Answer Question
    • Tell about a time when you received good and/or bad customer service..   Answer Question
    • Tell about a time when you had to give a person information that they didn't want to hear , how did they handle it ? How did you fix it ?   Answer Question
    If you have no job experience or retail it helps if you talk about sports , school , or a personal experience. Mention your availability . Just be yourself . Knowledge of Nike will definitely help but it won't hurt your chances either .

The interview was casual . I wore a nike polo and khakis . Don't worry about tattoos etc.. they like personality .

Operations Coach Interview

I applied online – interviewed at NIKE in October 2014.

I applied online and immediately received an automated email stating that there was a large candidate pool and that all qualified candidates will be contacted.

About 3 weeks later I received a call from human resources asking if I could do a phone screening. HR asked simple questions related to team development, my interest in nike, my background, salary desires etc.

A few days later I received a call from the store manager or "head coach" asking to schedule a day we could meet in person over coffee to discuss the position. We met and it was not like an official structured interview. The manager asked me questions about myself and my passions. I suppose to get a feel of my personality. I talked about my work background, my hobbies, sports, and point of views on team development and managing a business/team. I in turn asked similar questions and learned a lot about the company and the manager. I was told the next steps and that if in the best interest of the business I would be contacted soon.

The next day I received a call asking to participate in a panel interview once the date was established. I was given an estimated day. About a day later I received confirmation of the day and time.

The panel interview consisted of myself as the only candidate and 3 head coaches from the area. I am knowledgeable of the targeted selection interview set up and they used that to interview me. It started with each manager introducing themselves and sharing facts about themselves. I went last and did the same. They asked that I talk about my education and work history. Then started with the actual interview questions. The questions were broken up into categories such as "building customer loyalty" or "planning and time management " I was instructed to relax, take my time and answer questions with specific answers based off of real situations. At the end i was asked which locations i would consider and I specified the one I applied for and one other possible. The interview was actually very fun.

I was told I wouldn't hear back for another week as there were more interviews and a deliberation that had to take place. I wasn't expecting to hear back from nike until friday 7 days later. Although the same HR person called me after the interview to see how it went and to answer any questions. I thought that was nice.

On wednesday the Head Coach called me wanting to offer me the position for the location I applied for. However, they thought I would be better suited as the apparel coach instead. I gladly accepted as I agreed with their choice after speaking with everyone during the interview.

HR emailed me paperwork that I completed and the rest is your usual new hire process!

Almost a 5 week process.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you recognized someone's potential. What did you do specifically to help develop that potential?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to change your communication style to get the results that you wanted.   Answer Question
    Very open to negotiations. It was cut and dry. HR asked what my desires were and informed me where that fit in the range. They offered my salary when they offered the position and it was more than reasonable and I accepted. I advise to offer a range in which you are comfortable. There are many applicants do not limit yourself.

Shipping and Receiving Associate Interview

The initial online application was fairly standard: a short questionnaire, resume, and brief cover letter. Those selected for an interview were contacted by phone. The interview was done in a group setting, with two interviewers and around seven or eight being interviewed. Dress for the interview was business casual (I didn't even feel under dressed in a golf polo shirt), and the interviewers were fairly laid back. They want to get a feel for your personality more than your skills, because almost all the work requires on-the-job training. After the interview, contact was again made by phone to notify applicants of the decision and make arrangements for hiring, if necessary.

Interview Questions
    • Share an experience of a time you helped mentor or train another employee   View Answer
    There was a little flexibility in selecting availability, but other than that, there wasn't anything to negotiate.

Nike Athlete Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NIKE.

The process took 2 weeks. I applied online and got a call from a recruiting member for a phone interview. I passed it and was set up for a group interview the next day. The questions were really simple, nothing out of the ordinary. The interview was laid back and felt really comfortable. it was 4 of us and 2 managers. The managers said we should here a response in the next 48 hours.

Cdt Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at NIKE in October 2014.

on campus interview.
    The interviewer is very kind, very easy going man.
    1.the most challenging thing in my project.
    2.how will you improve your project?
    3.why you want to work for nike?
    4.do you want to relocate to Beaverton, OR
    After send thanks email to the interviewer, he respond me that very interested in my project.
    After interview with engineer, I have another interview with the HR ask some questions about work authorities.