NIKE

2.7

Full Time Athlete Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paramus, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paramus, NJ

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at NIKE in August 2014.

I applied online got called about a week later for a phone interview then I was scheduled for a group interview with about 10 other applicants and a panel of 3 managers. They asked a series of questions. Then I received an email for a background check about 2 days later.

My schedule

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at NIKE in August 2014.

Initially I applied online for the seasonal athlete position and heard back from the company about 2 weeks later. I called to follow up earlier than that at the Niketown Seattle location; however, resumes are actually approved by corporate before moving down to the Nike locations.

After 2 weeks I received a call which also doubled as my phone interview in which they asked me about 3 or 4 questions (tip: passion for sports is huge). After the phone interview was done they scheduled an in-person interview about 2 more weeks out.

The in-person interview took about a half hour in which they asked a variety of questions. I was interviewed by 2 of the coaches and found it to be a very relaxed atmosphere. I was wearing a dress shirt and tie and felt quite overdressed (go no tie for sure).

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time in which you gave quality customer service in any previous positions.   Answer Question
    Nike is pretty good about matching previous hourly wages so I would ask for what you got from your previous job.

Brand Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at NIKE.

Clear process at Nike. Competency based interviewing, meaning you are expected to provide real projects and examples of your work when answering questions. Do not use what you would do or you will be screened out. Use real examples.

Included a project the allowed the panel to understand your thinking process. Love this method because it is a chance to demonstrate how you would do the job.

I networked for 2 years for the opportunity. So it is critical at Nike.

Seasonal Athlete Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at NIKE.

Group interview, they ask about 5-6 questions that has nothing to do with the job, they just try and get to know you. First the interviewers tell you about themselves and how they got into Nike, and then they ask the same question to everybody.

Test Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at NIKE.

Online application
    Interview by HR/Recruiter
    Panel Interview (4 people all managers who would be interfacing with the engineer)

The HR recruiter I spoke to estimated that Nike get's 20-200 applications a day. Often times job postings are left up for only a few weeks and even then the recruiter is more likely to show the hiring manager applications from the first few days the position was open. If you know someone who works at Nike they can look up the recruiter's name, but not the hiring manager's information. It is not necessarily helpful to know someone inside the company because of the shear volume of the competition.

Good luck.

Interview Questions
    • Standard Questions: Why Nike? Give an example of X.   View Answer

Seasonal Athlete Interview

Was called back shortly after applying. Then had an interview and management was beyond nice. The questions were simple given a situation or from past history of a situation. After the questions you are asked for your availability again and you're ready to go.

Other job came up.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at NIKE.

Straightforward in the sense that they ask SMART interview questions, but if you give an ambiguous response they'll push you once to get more specific and then move on -- but ding you for not having an answer. This shouldn't be an issue as if you're going to add value, you should be able to speak to your past and future potential contributions.

Interview Questions
    • N/A; as stated, study SMART questions and make sure you can speak to your specific abilities.   Answer Question
    No negotiation from initial offer, but since I was leveraging another offer their initial was higher than I had expected.

Athlete Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NIKE in July 2014.

Filled out an online application and contacted by email to notify me of a phone interview the next day. Following the phone interview, there was a group interview the next day, and I heard back within 2 weeks or so that I had been given the position. Overall a positive experience, the store assistant managers are all there for the interviews and are really energetic the whole time. They choose more so based on who's going to have a fun, exciting personality and still get their work done.

Nike Athlete Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at NIKE.

Managers are very easy to speak to. The hiring and interview process is not difficult at all. Everything is extremely simple and Managers help you to understand everything in the company.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question I believe would be "what are your weaknesses".   Answer Question
    Have goals set, they like to see that you know what you want to do. Be confident.

Seasonal Athlete Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at NIKE.

Applied online - had an employee reference. A call came about 2 weeks later for the interview. Interview was conducted within a group and asked situational questions (very relaxed).
    Q's were similar to "tell me about a time you had to solve an issue, provide customer service, etc."

In all, they just want to get to know you

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you did something that you didn't agree with.   Answer Question
    Offer came within 6 weeks of interview