NIKE Interview Questions

2.8

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vacaville, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vacaville, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NIKE.

Visited the store in person and spoke with a manager who told me to apply online. Set up my account online and applied. Received a call within a week and had a group interview the following week and was offered the position in which I applied for.

Interview Questions
    • All standard questions for a entry level retail position.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, just accepted what was offered.

Senior Business Systems Analyst Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at NIKE.

Received initial recruiter phone interview. Then had interview with 3 members of the team. Questions ranging from work situations to personal questions.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult. More situation type questions and more about if I can handle long hours and travel.   Answer Question
    Received an offer. Countered twice but couldn't get them to budge. Ended up accepting their offer.

Graphic Designer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at NIKE.

Two people interviewed me as I guided them through my portfolio. It was a very easy-going interview, mostly explaining my work and they would occasionally ask me typical interview questions, or questions about my design choices on a specific project.

Interview Questions
    • Why do want to work for them and what can you bring to the table? This gets asked at any interview, but with Nike it's very important that you can describe exactly how THEY would benefit from hiring you, as they are always looking to innovate.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

After submitting a video, I got a second phone interview since my campus was closed due to inclement weather. Questions were not hard, mostly behavioral. I, however, was a nervous wreck. You also have to be pretty obsessed with the company. I also did not expect to hear the same questions as the ones in the video submission. That really tripped me up.

Part-time Athlete Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Central Valley, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Central Valley, NY

I applied online – interviewed at NIKE in March 2014.

After applying online I heard back from HR about 1-2 weeks later. The first step was a phone interview which was behavioral and personality questions. The person was very nice and told me I was a great candidate for the group interview. The group interview was a but unorganized , there was not a specific order so candidates chimed in when they had an answer. The interview was about 5 questions the interviewing managers were enthusiastic which made the process easier. 2 days later I was sent the HireRight background check. 5 days after I submitted it I was called with an offer

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you've witnessed someone being dishonest, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Athlete Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at NIKE in February 2014.

1st: Phone Interview of about 20 minutes. Basic questions such as: What is customer service to you? Why Nike?

2nd: Panel Group Interview of about 5 other candidates with 3 hiring managers. Pretty intimidating since I felt like I was on an audition for American Idol. Anyway, basic questions. Tell me about a time when you met a stranger. Tell me about a time when you partnered up with someone and were told to do something you didn't want to. Tell me about a time you worked in a group to reach a common goal. Why Nike?

3rd: If you were chosen for employment you will receive an email from HireRight 2-3 days after the interview for a background check. Once you submit that (and your clean) in about 3-5 days you will receive a call with an oficial job offer.

Overall, pretty intimidating for me since I applied to the flagship store in NYC. The interview can be a little scary. However, focus on your own game. Don't oversell yourself. Many of the other candidates were asked simple questions and they went on to say how much they love Nike and bla bla bla. Answer the question and be specific. Also ask questions at the end and finish the last question with a great closing.

Interview Questions
    • All behavioral questions. Be prepared to answer questions based off situations and things you've done.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NIKE.

I week of worthless training.

there was no negotiation

MBA Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NIKE.

On campus recruiting and interview

Interview Questions
    • How would your classmates describe you?   View Answer

Shipping and Receiving Interview

Very detailed questions focused on customer service and leadership.

Finance Director Interview

Recruiters conduct the initial screening process by phone.
    Hiring manager facilitates a panel interview with 3 to 5 panel members.
    Questions are competency based...tell me a time when you encountered (enter specific situation), how did you manage it and why did you choose that course of action.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work at Nike? It's not a surprising question but rather the answer must indicate a passion for the brand. Nike employees are very passionate about the Swoosh.   Answer Question
    Hiring manager typically handles the negotiation and there is some flexibility in the offer. I was able to get a sign on bonus added to my package.