NIKE Interview Questions in Las Vegas, NV

Updated Feb 13, 2015

2.8

Athlete (Aka Retail Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NIKE (Las Vegas, NV) in February 2015.

Interview

So it's a group interview and they take you back in a room with for me it was 2 lady's that have been with Nike for 17 and 18 years. They were inviting and taking notes so try not to be nervous in front of them or your peers.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you saw someone lie and you knew it was one.   1 Answer
    • Tell us about a Time you received (good or bad they choose which) service.   1 Answer
    • What are you passionate about and why would this help in our store?   1 Answer
    • Name a time someone told you to do something you didn't want to do.   1 Answer
    • Name a time you had to tell someone something that could be hard or challenging for them to hear   1 Answer

Seasonal Athlete Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at NIKE (Las Vegas, NV) in January 2015.

Interview

The process was pretty fast, I applied and in a few days was called for a phone interview, where there ask simple question, such as Do I have a passion for sports? Afterwards they scheduled me a group interview with five others.

Nike Athlete Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online – interviewed at NIKE (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

Filled application out online. The next day I received an email for a phone interview. I was scheduled a face to face interview a week later. However that location I applied for decided not to go forward with any interviews. I was asked if I would be interested in another location and was scheduled another interview within the same week.

Interview Questions

• Give an example when you set a goal for yourself , how did you accomplish it ?   Answer Question
    • Give an example when you did something without instruction..   Answer Question
    • If you could do one thing for the rest of your life what would it be ? (exclude money)   Answer Question
    • Give an example when you felt someone was being dishonest , what did you do ?   Answer Question
    • Tell about a time when you received good and/or bad customer service..   Answer Question
    • Tell about a time when you had to give a person information that they didn't want to hear , how did they handle it ? How did you fix it ?   Answer Question

Negotiation

If you have no job experience or retail it helps if you talk about sports , school , or a personal experience. Mention your availability . Just be yourself . Knowledge of Nike will definitely help but it won't hurt your chances either .

The interview was casual . I wore a nike polo and khakis . Don't worry about tattoos etc.. they like personality .

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online – interviewed at NIKE (Las Vegas, NV) in April 2014.

Interview

It's usually a goup interview. You really do not have the ability to answer their interview questions because you feel restricted from the other candidates. And the worst part about the group interview is that there's 5 other candidates. I believe they chose 1 person out of every group which is unfair. Horrible interviewing process. Did not enjoy it whatsoever.

Interview Questions

• What was the best customer service you've experienced?   Answer Question

Athlete (Sales Associate) Part Time Under Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NIKE (Las Vegas, NV) in October 2011.

Interview

I filled out the online application and received an interview with two different stores in my area. They both started out the same at first with a phone interview asking basic questions such as availability, previous experience, how interested you are in sports your favorite teams etc. Then we set up an in person interview.

I interviewed at the north store first. It turned out to be a group interview i felt a little overdressed for. We went in to the managers office and introduced ourselves and told them a little about us then they started asking questions like "Why Nike?" "What is you passion." "Tell about a time you received good (and bad) customer service." Then at the end they asked us to observe the store and tell them something that we noticed was wrong or needed improvement. After that they shook our hands and let us go.

My interview for the south store was two days later. It was much of the same process. The store we interviewed for was brand new opening the next month so the interview was at a nearby hotel conference room. The manager that interviewed us here was the same one from the north store (she was transferring to take over this one) she recognized me but had me interview again. Again it was a group interview with three other people and they asked all the same questions with a couple new ones added in. This interview was a little more relaxed but it had a couple twists. They gave each of us a random item that we had to "sell" to them. I got a deck of cards, someone else got a toy shovel, a tennis ball etc. We had to explain the benefits and features of our item.

About two days after the second interview I got a phone call from the hiring manager offering me the position and she forwarded me a background check request which i quickly filled out. About a week later it came back and we started rookie camp.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

All entry level positions are Part time less than 20 hours. I had $8.80/h with 40% online and nikeTown discount and 30% in-store and affiliate (Converse, Cole Haan, Hurley) discount. After 6 months you can move up to part time over. (20-25 hours a week)