NIKE

2.3

Athlete Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flushing, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flushing, NY

I applied online – interviewed at NIKE in January 2015.

I applied online and recieved a email about contacting Nike for a phone interview . Called and left a message on a Friday. No phone call back kept calling and left a message Tuesday and got a phone interview the same day . The lady was nice, she asked simple questions. I'll be doing a in dept video on YouTube of my interview. My channel is asia_blac

Seasonal Athlete Interview

Anonymous Employee in White Plains, NY
    Anonymous Employee in White Plains, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NIKE in November 2014.

Applied on Saturday November 1, got a call on Monday (which was very fast) for an interview on Thursday. It was supposed to be a big group interview with at least 5 or 6 people, but was myself and one other applicant. We met in the store and went downstairs to a lounge/eating area and conducted the interview. The day after the interview i recived the HireRight form. One week later (today) i recieved an email that there were "other qualified applicants" and so i didnt recieve the job.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time where you recieved good/bad customer service.
      What did you do when you didnt understand something? (how did you handle it)
      Explain a time where you had to work as a team to reach a certain goal.
      Favorite Nike Product
      Passion for sports
      Passion in life

Answer Question

Nike Athlete Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at NIKE in August 2014.

Applied on line and got a call from Nike about 3 weeks later. He asked standard questions like customer service, passion for sports and why Nike. You're application is profiled for a specific section so he will ask about that, mine was running so he asked me my passion about that. Then set me up for a group panel interview the next day. Business casual was the dress code, I wore some Nike sneakers , other people were wearing shoes and jeans. The group panel interview was with 4 people and 3 managers. they start off with introducing themselfs for about 5 minutes each so when its youre turn talk a lot about you and youre passion for sports. They asked us our favorite sports movie first and the moved in to very detailed questions. Tell us about a time when you were asked or told to do something that you didn't believe in or agree with and what did you do was one. It helps A LOT if you play a sport and talk about it really technical. Even tho I was profiled for running I got hired for soccer. Again can't say enough about how much they want to hear about you being part of a sport. Then asked us about team work and what is you're biggest passion. Over all it was introduce each other and then 4 questions andif you get hired they email you a babackground check around 2 days after.

Interview Questions
    • What you're biggest passion? What's you're passion for sports? And how would you sell that to a customer? (All one question)   Answer Question

Full Time Athlete Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paramus, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paramus, NJ

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at NIKE in August 2014.

I applied online got called about a week later for a phone interview then I was scheduled for a group interview with about 10 other applicants and a panel of 3 managers. They asked a series of questions. Then I received an email for a background check about 2 days later.

My schedule

Part-time Athlete Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Central Valley, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Central Valley, NY

I applied online – interviewed at NIKE in March 2014.

After applying online I heard back from HR about 1-2 weeks later. The first step was a phone interview which was behavioral and personality questions. The person was very nice and told me I was a great candidate for the group interview. The group interview was a but unorganized , there was not a specific order so candidates chimed in when they had an answer. The interview was about 5 questions the interviewing managers were enthusiastic which made the process easier. 2 days later I was sent the HireRight background check. 5 days after I submitted it I was called with an offer

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you've witnessed someone being dishonest, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Athlete Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at NIKE in February 2014.

1st: Phone Interview of about 20 minutes. Basic questions such as: What is customer service to you? Why Nike?

2nd: Panel Group Interview of about 5 other candidates with 3 hiring managers. Pretty intimidating since I felt like I was on an audition for American Idol. Anyway, basic questions. Tell me about a time when you met a stranger. Tell me about a time when you partnered up with someone and were told to do something you didn't want to. Tell me about a time you worked in a group to reach a common goal. Why Nike?

3rd: If you were chosen for employment you will receive an email from HireRight 2-3 days after the interview for a background check. Once you submit that (and your clean) in about 3-5 days you will receive a call with an oficial job offer.

Overall, pretty intimidating for me since I applied to the flagship store in NYC. The interview can be a little scary. However, focus on your own game. Don't oversell yourself. Many of the other candidates were asked simple questions and they went on to say how much they love Nike and bla bla bla. Answer the question and be specific. Also ask questions at the end and finish the last question with a great closing.

Interview Questions
    • All behavioral questions. Be prepared to answer questions based off situations and things you've done.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

S&R Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at NIKE.

1 interview. they asked some of the basic retail questions... if your friend was stealing something, would you tell on them, what do you like about the company, etc.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elizabeth, NJ

I applied online – interviewed at NIKE in December 2012.

Pretty simple. They ask you alot about your experiences as a retail consumer and employee if you have any. Very run of the mill questions about your personal life and what you can provide to Nike. Come with your A game and just be yourself, dress nicely and try not to wear anything with a corporate logo or even Nike for that matter. Wearing alot of Nike apparel or something outrageous like quarks is just tacky lol. If you have alot of money to buy overpriced garbage it begs the question why you are applying as an athlete. It doesn't look proffesional but may impress the interviewers (which are going to be your managers btw) if you can pull it off professionally.

Interview Questions
    • What were your worst and best experiences in retail   View Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elizabeth, NJ

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at NIKE in May 2012.

Its a online application, then the'll call you in for a interview if you fit the criteria. Then, you go into a group interview, then they ask you several questions. Eye contact, attire, and even having a resume (just in case) at hand is a BIG PLUS.

It was over the phone.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at NIKE in January 2012.

Apply online, get a call back, group interview, receive and email, and get a call back.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time where you were given a terrible experience? In your view, what could you have done better?   Answer Question