NIKE

11 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Part-time Athlete Interview

Central Valley, NY

I applied online - interviewed at NIKE in March 2014.

Interview Details – After applying online I heard back from HR about 1-2 weeks later. The first step was a phone interview which was behavioral and personality questions. The person was very nice and told me I was a great candidate for the group interview. The group interview was a but unorganized , there was not a specific order so candidates chimed in when they had an answer. The interview was about 5 questions the interviewing managers were enthusiastic which made the process easier. 2 days later I was sent the HireRight background check. 5 days after I submitted it I was called with an offer

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you've witnessed someone being dishonest, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at NIKE in October 2010.

Interview Details – It was easy to apply especially if you have a resume saved on your laptop/computer because it uploads majority of the information.
They don't want to hear about "sneakerheads and your love of Jordans, they want an individual who can stand out and sale with passion

Interview Question – Name a time when you were given instruction that you did not want to do, how did you hanfle that situation?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Simple and to the point, I was seasonal and asked to be more active and vocal, I did just that and was kept on.

Athlete Interview

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at NIKE in February 2014.

Interview Details – 1st: Phone Interview of about 20 minutes. Basic questions such as: What is customer service to you? Why Nike?

2nd: Panel Group Interview of about 5 other candidates with 3 hiring managers. Pretty intimidating since I felt like I was on an audition for American Idol. Anyway, basic questions. Tell me about a time when you met a stranger. Tell me about a time when you partnered up with someone and were told to do something you didn't want to. Tell me about a time you worked in a group to reach a common goal. Why Nike?

3rd: If you were chosen for employment you will receive an email from HireRight 2-3 days after the interview for a background check. Once you submit that (and your clean) in about 3-5 days you will receive a call with an oficial job offer.

Overall, pretty intimidating for me since I applied to the flagship store in NYC. The interview can be a little scary. However, focus on your own game. Don't oversell yourself. Many of the other candidates were asked simple questions and they went on to say how much they love Nike and bla bla bla. Answer the question and be specific. Also ask questions at the end and finish the last question with a great closing.

Interview Question – All behavioral questions. Be prepared to answer questions based off situations and things you've done.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Elizabeth, NJ

I applied online - interviewed at NIKE in December 2012.

Interview Details – Pretty simple. They ask you alot about your experiences as a retail consumer and employee if you have any. Very run of the mill questions about your personal life and what you can provide to Nike. Come with your A game and just be yourself, dress nicely and try not to wear anything with a corporate logo or even Nike for that matter. Wearing alot of Nike apparel or something outrageous like quarks is just tacky lol. If you have alot of money to buy overpriced garbage it begs the question why you are applying as an athlete. It doesn't look proffesional but may impress the interviewers (which are going to be your managers btw) if you can pull it off professionally.

Interview Question – What were your worst and best experiences in retail   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Niketown Athlete Interview

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at NIKE in November 2010.

Interview Details – Applied on the website and received a call for an interview shortly. The interview was set up as a group interview and asked us normal interview questions - ie: Why do you want to work for Nike? What makes you the right candidate for this position? Describe an outstanding retail experience you once had. Then had us pull mystery office items out of a bag and then market and 'sell' these items to the interviewers. Wanted to see if we could describe and communicate the benefits of their products effectively. Then split us into separate groups and gave us a scenario about being stranded on an island and gave us a list of items in which we could choose 3 to survive and asked us to tell them why we chose those particular items. Wanted to see how we operate in 'teams.'

Interview Question – No questions that were particularly difficult.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Phone call came in with the offer - said I would get back to them. Called back later and said that I would need more and then gave me a better rate, not the rate I asked for but better than first offer.

Shipping & Receiving Interview

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at NIKE in September 2010.

Interview Details – just applied and got called for a group interview

Interview Question – what will you bring to Nike.   View Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Retail Sales Associate
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at NIKE in January 2012.

Interview Details – Apply online, get a call back, group interview, receive and email, and get a call back.

Interview Question – Explain a time where you were given a terrible experience? In your view, what could you have done better?   Answer Question

S&R Specialist Interview

New York, NY

I applied online and interviewed at NIKE.

Interview Details – 1 interview. they asked some of the basic retail questions... if your friend was stealing something, would you tell on them, what do you like about the company, etc.

Interview Question – what are your favorite Nike sneakers   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Retail Sales Associate
Elizabeth, NJ

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at NIKE in May 2012.

Interview Details – Its a online application, then the'll call you in for a interview if you fit the criteria. Then, you go into a group interview, then they ask you several questions. Eye contact, attire, and even having a resume (just in case) at hand is a BIG PLUS.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at NIKE?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was over the phone.

Accountant Interview

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at NIKE in February 2011.

Interview Details – the office is undoubtedly great and a gud place to improve your work and where you will be appreciated too for your job with a pretty handsome amount....people working there are very friendly and understanding..i wasnt able to find any such mistake or any fault in that company i could negotiate for.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – nothing!! everything was just perfect!!

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for NIKE? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at NIKE interview questions and advice in New York City, NY. All 11 interview reviews posted anonymously by NIKE employees and interview candidates.