NIKE

2.2

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Nike Athlete Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at NIKE in August 2014.

Applied on line and got a call from Nike about 3 weeks later. He asked standard questions like customer service, passion for sports and why Nike. You're application is profiled for a specific section so he will ask about that, mine was running so he asked me my passion about that. Then set me up for a group panel interview the next day. Business casual was the dress code, I wore some Nike sneakers , other people were wearing shoes and jeans. The group panel interview was with 4 people and 3 managers. they start off with introducing themselfs for about 5 minutes each so when its youre turn talk a lot about you and youre passion for sports. They asked us our favorite sports movie first and the moved in to very detailed questions. Tell us about a time when you were asked or told to do something that you didn't believe in or agree with and what did you do was one. It helps A LOT if you play a sport and talk about it really technical. Even tho I was profiled for running I got hired for soccer. Again can't say enough about how much they want to hear about you being part of a sport. Then asked us about team work and what is you're biggest passion. Over all it was introduce each other and then 4 questions andif you get hired they email you a babackground check around 2 days after.

Interview Questions
    • What you're biggest passion? What's you're passion for sports? And how would you sell that to a customer? (All one question)   Answer Question

Athlete Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at NIKE in February 2014.

1st: Phone Interview of about 20 minutes. Basic questions such as: What is customer service to you? Why Nike?

2nd: Panel Group Interview of about 5 other candidates with 3 hiring managers. Pretty intimidating since I felt like I was on an audition for American Idol. Anyway, basic questions. Tell me about a time when you met a stranger. Tell me about a time when you partnered up with someone and were told to do something you didn't want to. Tell me about a time you worked in a group to reach a common goal. Why Nike?

3rd: If you were chosen for employment you will receive an email from HireRight 2-3 days after the interview for a background check. Once you submit that (and your clean) in about 3-5 days you will receive a call with an oficial job offer.

Overall, pretty intimidating for me since I applied to the flagship store in NYC. The interview can be a little scary. However, focus on your own game. Don't oversell yourself. Many of the other candidates were asked simple questions and they went on to say how much they love Nike and bla bla bla. Answer the question and be specific. Also ask questions at the end and finish the last question with a great closing.

Interview Questions
    • All behavioral questions. Be prepared to answer questions based off situations and things you've done.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

S&R Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at NIKE.

1 interview. they asked some of the basic retail questions... if your friend was stealing something, would you tell on them, what do you like about the company, etc.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at NIKE in January 2012.

Apply online, get a call back, group interview, receive and email, and get a call back.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time where you were given a terrible experience? In your view, what could you have done better?   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at NIKE in February 2011.

the office is undoubtedly great and a gud place to improve your work and where you will be appreciated too for your job with a pretty handsome amount....people working there are very friendly and understanding..i wasnt able to find any such mistake or any fault in that company i could negotiate for.

Interview Questions
    nothing!! everything was just perfect!!

Niketown Athlete Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NIKE in November 2010.

Applied on the website and received a call for an interview shortly. The interview was set up as a group interview and asked us normal interview questions - ie: Why do you want to work for Nike? What makes you the right candidate for this position? Describe an outstanding retail experience you once had. Then had us pull mystery office items out of a bag and then market and 'sell' these items to the interviewers. Wanted to see if we could describe and communicate the benefits of their products effectively. Then split us into separate groups and gave us a scenario about being stranded on an island and gave us a list of items in which we could choose 3 to survive and asked us to tell them why we chose those particular items. Wanted to see how we operate in 'teams.'

Interview Questions
    • No questions that were particularly difficult.   View Answer
    Phone call came in with the offer - said I would get back to them. Called back later and said that I would need more and then gave me a better rate, not the rate I asked for but better than first offer.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NIKE in October 2010.

It was easy to apply especially if you have a resume saved on your laptop/computer because it uploads majority of the information.
    They don't want to hear about "sneakerheads and your love of Jordans, they want an individual who can stand out and sale with passion

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you were given instruction that you did not want to do, how did you hanfle that situation?   View Answer
    Simple and to the point, I was seasonal and asked to be more active and vocal, I did just that and was kept on.

Shipping & Receiving Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at NIKE in September 2010.

just applied and got called for a group interview

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at NIKE in April 2010.

basically just ask a few questions , wanted to know about yourself, experience of bad and good customer service , a time when your gave good customer service, and you had to convince to sale an item to them.

Interview Questions
    • How did you handle when you was given bad customer service   Answer Question