NIKE Interview Questions in New York, NY

2.1

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Athlete Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at NIKE in February 2014.

1st: Phone Interview of about 20 minutes. Basic questions such as: What is customer service to you? Why Nike?

2nd: Panel Group Interview of about 5 other candidates with 3 hiring managers. Pretty intimidating since I felt like I was on an audition for American Idol. Anyway, basic questions. Tell me about a time when you met a stranger. Tell me about a time when you partnered up with someone and were told to do something you didn't want to. Tell me about a time you worked in a group to reach a common goal. Why Nike?

3rd: If you were chosen for employment you will receive an email from HireRight 2-3 days after the interview for a background check. Once you submit that (and your clean) in about 3-5 days you will receive a call with an oficial job offer.

Overall, pretty intimidating for me since I applied to the flagship store in NYC. The interview can be a little scary. However, focus on your own game. Don't oversell yourself. Many of the other candidates were asked simple questions and they went on to say how much they love Nike and bla bla bla. Answer the question and be specific. Also ask questions at the end and finish the last question with a great closing.

Interview Questions
    • All behavioral questions. Be prepared to answer questions based off situations and things you've done.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at NIKE in October 2010.

It was easy to apply especially if you have a resume saved on your laptop/computer because it uploads majority of the information.
    They don't want to hear about "sneakerheads and your love of Jordans, they want an individual who can stand out and sale with passion

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you were given instruction that you did not want to do, how did you hanfle that situation?   View Answer
    Simple and to the point, I was seasonal and asked to be more active and vocal, I did just that and was kept on.

Niketown Athlete Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at NIKE in November 2010.

Applied on the website and received a call for an interview shortly. The interview was set up as a group interview and asked us normal interview questions - ie: Why do you want to work for Nike? What makes you the right candidate for this position? Describe an outstanding retail experience you once had. Then had us pull mystery office items out of a bag and then market and 'sell' these items to the interviewers. Wanted to see if we could describe and communicate the benefits of their products effectively. Then split us into separate groups and gave us a scenario about being stranded on an island and gave us a list of items in which we could choose 3 to survive and asked us to tell them why we chose those particular items. Wanted to see how we operate in 'teams.'

Interview Questions
    • No questions that were particularly difficult.   View Answer
    Phone call came in with the offer - said I would get back to them. Called back later and said that I would need more and then gave me a better rate, not the rate I asked for but better than first offer.

Shipping & Receiving Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at NIKE in September 2010.

just applied and got called for a group interview

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at NIKE in January 2012.

Apply online, get a call back, group interview, receive and email, and get a call back.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time where you were given a terrible experience? In your view, what could you have done better?   Answer Question

S&R Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at NIKE.

1 interview. they asked some of the basic retail questions... if your friend was stealing something, would you tell on them, what do you like about the company, etc.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at NIKE in February 2011.

the office is undoubtedly great and a gud place to improve your work and where you will be appreciated too for your job with a pretty handsome amount....people working there are very friendly and understanding..i wasnt able to find any such mistake or any fault in that company i could negotiate for.

Interview Questions
    nothing!! everything was just perfect!!

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at NIKE in April 2010.

basically just ask a few questions , wanted to know about yourself, experience of bad and good customer service , a time when your gave good customer service, and you had to convince to sale an item to them.

Interview Questions
    • How did you handle when you was given bad customer service   Answer Question

Worked for NIKE? Contribute to the Community!