NIKE Interview Questions in Portland, OR

3.1

22 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Digital Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at NIKE.

I was recruited via LinkedIn. The recruiter set me up with interviews across different departments since it's a matrix organization, but it wasn't clear to me which specific role I was interviewing for at any given time. I thought I was talking to someone about the first role we'd discussed, but found out the recruiter was putting me up for a different role only when asked for specific feedback about the person's department. I would have prepared differently had I known I was actually speaking about a second role. A great, innovative company with disorganization on the recruiting side : / I also had a scheduled interview that was canceled without anyone telling me.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at NIKE in January 2014.

Took about 1 month. First, answered about 10 questions about specific experience via Word. Then, one interview with the 'team' and hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me how you used influence without authority over an individual to get them to change what they were doing.   Answer Question

Too low salary

Product Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at NIKE in October 2010.

Dealt with an HR screen first. This was simply a review of my resume, and a "why do you want to do this?" conversation. Next step was a phone interview with hiring manager. This was a thorough review of my qualifications, the job responsibilities, and my interest in the job. A few weeks later - I was brought in for an in-person panel interview. This was a very perfunctory, scripted interview, where the questions were asked from a piece of paper. Wasn't too original. I was given most of these questions before the interview, so was adequately prepared.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a difficult engineering challenge that you struggled to solve?   Answer Question
    Straight forward negotiation - was given a modest concession ($2k), and accepted.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at NIKE in February 2014.

Was contacted through my university's job board without applying through Nike. My interview was over the phone due to school closer, and was very relaxed. I thought I made a strong connection with the interviewer, but they did not select me for a second round interview.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was too unexpected, mostly behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at NIKE in November 2013.

Phone interview

Interview Questions
    • Mostly Qs were around my previous work experiences. Sounded like they were looking for someone with experience from a more matured organization as their's. Rich customer interaction experience required.   Answer Question

Digital Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at NIKE in August 2013.

Complex matrix organization, smart people. Had many conversations, one call was with someone driving to work who had never seen my resume. Had another call that never happened, was told the person who scheduled it had left the company and that the call was supposed to have been canceled. Not super impressed with their internal organization. Note: they tried to recruit me, originally found me on LinkedIn. Did not communicate about the process or specific roles I may have been speaking to them about. If you can see past that, could be a great place, I'm sure! I stopped talking to them when they schedule a call for me that I didn't know was about a specific role, the role they initially contacted me about was filled internally but they didn't tell me about it until after the awkward phone call and I directly asked the recruiter. They said they wanted me to fly out to meet a bunch of people, but when I said I was scheduled on the original date they never mentioned coming out again. Too many schedulers involved. The difference in quality of communication between admins and the execs was marked.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary, asked about the market in general and products they were building as well as categories of innovation I saw for the coming years.   Answer Question

Material Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at NIKE in November 2013.

I had a number of interviews and my third interview was at the Nike Campus in Portland

Senior Sourcing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days - interviewed at NIKE.

Panel interview from a set list of questions.

Interview Questions
    • Standard questions: tell us about a time you failed... what accomplishment are you most proud of... give us an example of how you overcame diversity.... etc...   Answer Question
    standard back and forth with HR/Hiring manager. Slightly flexible, but not a lot. Chances are there were about 50 other people that applied for your job and they know that.

QA Testing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at NIKE in January 2011.

Long process, very in depth questions, panel interview style, must be passionate about brand to be apart of the company.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too crazy, but they look for depth in answers.   Answer Question
    minimal negotiating

Apparel Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at NIKE.

There will be a recruiter contacting with you, arranging your trips and They set up panel interviews for you.

Interview Questions

Worked for NIKE? Contribute to the Community!