NIKE

Relevance Date Difficulty

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Portland, OR

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at NIKE in January 2014.

Interview Details – Took about 1 month. First, answered about 10 questions about specific experience via Word. Then, one interview with the 'team' and hiring manager.

Interview Question – Tell me how you used influence without authority over an individual to get them to change what they were doing.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Too low salary

Product Design Engineer Interview

Product Design Engineer
Portland, OR

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at NIKE in October 2010.

Interview Details – Dealt with an HR screen first. This was simply a review of my resume, and a "why do you want to do this?" conversation. Next step was a phone interview with hiring manager. This was a thorough review of my qualifications, the job responsibilities, and my interest in the job. A few weeks later - I was brought in for an in-person panel interview. This was a very perfunctory, scripted interview, where the questions were asked from a piece of paper. Wasn't too original. I was given most of these questions before the interview, so was adequately prepared.

Interview Question – Describe a difficult engineering challenge that you struggled to solve?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Straight forward negotiation - was given a modest concession ($2k), and accepted.

Intern Interview

Intern
Portland, OR

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at NIKE in February 2014.

Interview Details – Was contacted through my university's job board without applying through Nike. My interview was over the phone due to school closer, and was very relaxed. I thought I made a strong connection with the interviewer, but they did not select me for a second round interview.

Interview Question – Nothing was too unexpected, mostly behavioral questions.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Business Systems Analyst
Portland, OR

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at NIKE in November 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview

Interview Question – Mostly Qs were around my previous work experiences. Sounded like they were looking for someone with experience from a more matured organization as their's. Rich customer interaction experience required.   Answer Question

Digital Director Interview

Digital Director
Portland, OR

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at NIKE in August 2013.

Interview Details – Complex matrix organization, smart people. Had many conversations, one call was with someone driving to work who had never seen my resume. Had another call that never happened, was told the person who scheduled it had left the company and that the call was supposed to have been canceled. Not super impressed with their internal organization. Note: they tried to recruit me, originally found me on LinkedIn. Did not communicate about the process or specific roles I may have been speaking to them about. If you can see past that, could be a great place, I'm sure! I stopped talking to them when they schedule a call for me that I didn't know was about a specific role, the role they initially contacted me about was filled internally but they didn't tell me about it until after the awkward phone call and I directly asked the recruiter. They said they wanted me to fly out to meet a bunch of people, but when I said I was scheduled on the original date they never mentioned coming out again. Too many schedulers involved. The difference in quality of communication between admins and the execs was marked.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary, asked about the market in general and products they were building as well as categories of innovation I saw for the coming years.   Answer Question

Material Designer Interview

Material Designer
Portland, OR

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at NIKE in November 2013.

Interview Details – I had a number of interviews and my third interview was at the Nike Campus in Portland

Interview Question – why nike?   Answer Question

Senior Sourcing Analyst Interview

Senior Sourcing Analyst
Portland, OR

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 5 days - interviewed at NIKE.

Interview Details – Panel interview from a set list of questions.

Interview Question – Standard questions: tell us about a time you failed... what accomplishment are you most proud of... give us an example of how you overcame diversity.... etc...   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – standard back and forth with HR/Hiring manager. Slightly flexible, but not a lot. Chances are there were about 50 other people that applied for your job and they know that.

QA Testing Interview

QA Testing
Portland, OR

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at NIKE in January 2011.

Interview Details – Long process, very in depth questions, panel interview style, must be passionate about brand to be apart of the company.

Interview Question – Nothing too crazy, but they look for depth in answers.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – minimal negotiating

Apparel Designer Interview

Apparel Designer
Portland, OR

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at NIKE.

Interview Details – There will be a recruiter contacting with you, arranging your trips and They set up panel interviews for you.

Interview Question – There is not very difficult questions .   Answer Question

Finance Director Interview

Finance Director
Portland, OR

I interviewed at NIKE in January 2009.

Interview Details – First interviews with line manager and HR. Second interviews with next level of management and HR.

Interview Question – NOthing really unexpected or difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They were not negotiable.

Worked for NIKE? Contribute to the Community!