NIKE Interview Questions in Portland, OR

Updated Jul 2, 2015

Innovation Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at NIKE (Beaverton, OR).

Interview

Two phone interviews that were conducted with personnel experienced in placement of job candidates. It was a friendly environment and the people seemed genuinely interested in learning about me and whether I would be a good fit for the job and for Nike's corporate culture, which is relatively young, active and alternative.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at NIKE (Beaverton, OR).

Interview

Many phone interviews followed by a visit to campus. In person visit to HQ included a day of interviews and a panel interview. They give you a packet prior to arriving encouraging you to take risks and be innovative. Communication is not very good overall - Very unique culture

Interview Questions

• What is your top accomplishment at you previous employer   Answer Question

Seasonal Athlete Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at NIKE (Beaverton, OR) in May 2015.

Interview

Group interview with 5 other candidates and 3 interviewers. Answered about 5 simple questions, did a small team excercise and ended with asking our own questions. Interview was a relaxed setting and everyone was really nice.

Interview Questions

• Why are you a good fit for Nike and why is Nike a good fit for you?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at NIKE (Beaverton, OR) in May 2015.

Interview

Had a Skype call with the dev manager to discuss my experience and the role. Then had an in person interview with the dev team, which included a programming problem on the whiteboard. The team was friendly. They seemed genuinely interested in finding out if I could be a good fit on the team. It wasn't an interview of "gothca" questions.

Nike Athlete Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at NIKE (Portland, OR) in April 2015.

Interview

This was my first interview ever. My sister used to work at Nike in downtown Portland but left to go to Peace Corps. She put in a good word to one of her friends that still works there and I got a call to see when I could do the interview. I wore a short sleeve knit shirt from gap and a pair of black pants. Other people in the group wore more active wear. I arrived about 4 minutes before and they told me there was a group of 4 people waiting, so I went over and talked to them before the interview started. The interview started and we went downstairs, we were interviewed by 2 people. The questions were basically about how you work with a team as well as questions about conflict. They got back to me in a week and sent me an email about a background check.

Interview Questions

• Introduce yourself and tell us your favorite Nike endorsed athlete   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you sparked a conversation with a stranger   Answer Question
    • What's your favorite Nike product?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you saw/heard someone doing something they weren't supposed to. What did you do?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you had a hard time doing something. Would you try it again?   1 Answer

Sourcing Manager, Direct Procurement Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at NIKE (Beaverton, OR) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview consisted of 3 rounds - HR screening, phone call with hiring manager and onsite interviews. There were 4 interviews with Directors (mainly STAR and experience-based questions). I was given time to prepare and present a case to a group of 5 directors. It was a relatively easy case on negotiation strategy with a vendor, but the presentation part was intimidating. Did not get the offer.

Senior Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at NIKE (Beaverton, OR) in March 2015.

Interview

formal interview with many people,inlcuding departments aligned with your specialty area. Two day process. Found it to be an average questioan and answer environment. Everyone was very nice during the interview.

Interview Questions

• background experience in retail? talk about why you are interested in this position. tell me about a difficult experience you resolved.   1 Answer

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at NIKE (Portland, OR) in January 2015.

Interview

Worst experience ever! HR manager was unprofessional and did not really seem to care about the applicants. Had several interviews and was unimpressed by the nature of the entire process. One example was when I was scheduled for a phone interview at a set time. When the HR manager didn't call me, I emailed her but had no response. It seemed to me that they had the mentality that we are Nike, we can do whatever you want. Overall, the process took 4 months after I was told a decision would be made at 6 weeks top. This process really turned me off from the company and I decided that it was not a place I wanted to work for.

Designer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at NIKE (Portland, OR) in January 2015.

Interview

I arrived at the campus where the reception desk greeted me. Once the talent acquisition manager brought me into the interview room I was met with an easy going panel of engaged department heads. I was able to walk them through my portfolio and work experience in an open environment.

Financial Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at NIKE (Beaverton, OR) in December 2014.

Interview

I literally jumped up and told my other boss that I had a personal emergency when I heard that they wanted to interview me at Nike WHQ within the next few hours. Yes, not a few days notice, barely a few hours notice... But being new to the area I thought the opportunity would be worth it so I caved.

I met with a panel who asked me standardized Nike questions from a check off list. I did well and expressed my enthusiasm so my would-be boss gave me a brief tour around the lake and the park that is Nike WHQ...

Days later I was called in for a follow up interview where my would-be boss asked some technical questions and quizzed me on Excel and SQL, then I met with his boss. By the time I got the the parking lot my recruiter informed me I had received the offer.

All the while I narrowly dodged questions aimed to pin me into a certain sports category because I just don't care much about sports, though I do run (for health) so claimed to be into running - now they think I want to race everyone... wtf?