NIKE

Updated Dec 10, 2014

3.3

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Project Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at NIKE.

Applied online and was contacted a couple days later by a recruiter. Did a phone interview with the recruiter followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager a couple days later. Two weeks later I went onsite and did a panel interview with the hiring manager and two other members of the team. The panel interview was difficult but not overwhelming. Each panel member had a couple of prepared questions and they went around the table asking their scripted questions. The questions were about my background, examples of past experiences and hypothetical situations. The panel session lasted about one hour. All of the team members were extremely personable. Overall it was a very enjoyable interview process.

It was after the interview that things got strange...

A few hours after the interview I received confirmation from recruiter that they wanted to make me an offer. I was asked what I was looking for in terms of salary and I told them what I made currently. It was the same number as I told the recruiter in the initial interview so it shouldn't have come as a surprise. Recruiter sent me a benefits package and said would get back to me.

Couple days and then weeks went by and I did not hear anything about the status. Finally I was able to chase down recruiter to find out what happened and then was told position was pulled. Very little detail was provided. It was all very odd since I had already been told they wanted to make an offer.

Interview Questions
  • The most difficult questions were the "tell me about a time" questions. I don't remember any specifics but I remember they really wanted to know how you handled yourself in certain types of situations historically.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for NIKE

Project Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at NIKE.

If you know people in Nike, you have a better chance of being considered for a position. You must fit the job requirements very closely. Phone interview and then panel interview. The panel interview tends to have 3-4 managers/directors. There may be other meetings/interviews with other team members to see if you are a fit with the team.

Interview Questions
    • Nike uses behavioral questions that apply directly with the core competencies for the position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at NIKE in January 2014.

Took about 1 month. First, answered about 10 questions about specific experience via Word. Then, one interview with the 'team' and hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me how you used influence without authority over an individual to get them to change what they were doing.   Answer Question

Too low salary

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

The process took a dayinterviewed at NIKE in March 2010.

15 minute interview with two managers.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hilversum (Netherlands)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hilversum (Netherlands)

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at NIKE.

Initial communication was timely, 1st interview, by phone, followed shortly after that. Just general going through: who are you, what is your background, your CV & work experience, what tickles you, and where do you see yourself in the future. Second interview on site.

Interview Questions
    • "How would you negotiate a contract with a supplier". Strange question - as 1) in my experience up to hat point, as a Project Manager I never had to do that previously, and 2) Nike has a separate procurement department whom as far as I was aware deal with contracts & negotiations.   Answer Question
    No negotiation - I just accepted the offer (duh).

Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at NIKE in May 2012.

It was a 30 min phone interview. The person who interviewed me was so kind and treated me with courtesy. She asked me about my work experience, my soft skills and some other personal and professional questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a previous bad experience and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at NIKE in July 2008.

Tests for IQ, group discussion, group collaboration and then 1:1 interview.