NIKE Sales Associate Interview Questions

2.5

25 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online – interviewed at NIKE in August 2014.

During the interview session they really want to hear about your experiences with good customer service . Do not mention a time with poor customer service unless they ask. Also, talk about how customer service includes making the customer feel welcomed and at home.

Interview Questions

I declined because I did not have the time to do the job.

Other Interview Reviews for NIKE

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NIKE.

I week of worthless training.

there was no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online – interviewed at NIKE.

I applied online and was surprised to even get a response from them. I passed my first interview, which was over the phone. They told me what to expect and how to prepare. I highly appreciated the help and that says a lot about Nike. Some of the things I expected (from what I was told) were things like "What's your favorite Nike product?" Why do you want to work for Nike?" and so on. I felt optimistic about the group interview and stood up 'till 4 am working on my interview questions. When I arrived to the interview, I instantly felt intimidated by the people there for the interview as well. I got a feeling that it wasn't going to go well, and it didn't. It was me, 3 women, and a male. The interviewer was extremely nice but the questions were not the ones I was told about over the phone.
     The questions asked were "Explain to me one time you've dealt with good or bad customer experience" and "What was one time you've dealt with a situation and how did you handle it" and 2 of those women handled those questions well. That's not a bad thing, except that they already had years of experience. By that I mean that one of women already had experience because she was a coach to a soccer team and finished college. The other one had traveled to a foreign country while she was in a soccer team. Already these women had the upper hand and I knew there was no way I was getting the job, regardless if they even contacted by strong references. The interviewer didn't ask questions like "What's are your strengths and weaknesses" or "What does Nike help when it comes to women living in undeveloped countries." Those questions would've been better to judge character and see they'd researched Nike programs like The Girl Effect. During the panel another women was speaking (not the 2 I mentioned) and the women who had experience as a coach looked so annoyed and didn't even bother to listen because she kept looking up at te ceiling. My answers were not as vague as the male's, but it was game over. All the questions were just based on experience. Nothing more or nothing less. Not even "Why should Nike hire you?" Just personal experience. Dissappoiting really. It's like standardized questions because not everyone has the same level of experience. And experience doesn't mean you'll genuinely take your job seriously.

Interview Questions
    • What is one time you had to deal with good or bad customer service?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at NIKE.

The interview was very straightforward.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NIKE.

Group interview, opened ended questions. Basically a panel interview with managers from each department

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at NIKE.

I applied via their online application and received a phone call from a representative which ended up being my phone screening. He passed me along and gave me the information for the group interview. The group interview was a little intimidating and the questions do require you to think outside the box but if you can answer promptly and make good points you should be alright. I wasn't asked anything about Nike, which struck me as odd but I really liked that. The questions were very situational and asked about past experiences so even if you didn't have any work experiences, it was open to your school or personal life which was appreciated.

Interview Questions
    • When was a time you were asked to do something you didn't agree with?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at NIKE in August 2013.

I had a friend who had worked at the Beverly Hills Nike for a couple years and got promoted to visual manager and transferred to the Newport beach location, he told me they were hiring and I should apply so I applied for the position online and then took my resume in to the store and he introduced me to his manager. I got a call about 2 weeks later and had a phone interview and was then asked to come in the next day for an interview. It was a group interview with 5 other people and were asked all fairly easy questions asked. They really just want to see if your able to work well with others. Almost all the questions can either relate back to school, past work experiences, or any sort of sports you were involved in. They ask a lot about your goals and accomplishments. They want very specific answers.
    It took her a while to get back to me because she was doing background checks on everyone else but since I'm a minor she can't do one on me.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when someone's standards did not meet yours and how did you handle the situation.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at NIKE.

Well it's a group interview , you and maybe 12 other employer maybe 20! It all depends they usually hire every month if not every other month, they'll ask you questions like "what's your favorite Nike shoe?" "How long have you been wearing nikes?" "Why am should you hire you for (blank) position?" Then they give you a scenario where you need to sell them something like mine was a stapler for an example nothing tough about the interviews

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at NIKE in April 2013.

Applied online when I first saw it posted on their website.
    Got a call a month later for an interview.
    Group Interview with managers at the store.
    Background check via email.
    Call back around a week later.
    Accepted the job offer.

No negotiations.

Sales Associate Interview

Excellent. It was just what you would expect from a company like this. It was very structured and laid back at the same time. The campus is beautiful. It didn't work out, but I hope to find a similar job at a similar company. I was hoping to s