NIKE

Average Difficulty
24 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at NIKE in October 2010.

Interview Details – It was easy to apply especially if you have a resume saved on your laptop/computer because it uploads majority of the information.
They don't want to hear about "sneakerheads and your love of Jordans, they want an individual who can stand out and sale with passion

Interview Question – Name a time when you were given instruction that you did not want to do, how did you hanfle that situation?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Simple and to the point, I was seasonal and asked to be more active and vocal, I did just that and was kept on.

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at NIKE.

Interview Details – I week of worthless training.

Interview Question – there weren't any   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there was no negotiation

Elizabeth, NJ

I applied online - interviewed at NIKE in December 2012.

Interview Details – Pretty simple. They ask you alot about your experiences as a retail consumer and employee if you have any. Very run of the mill questions about your personal life and what you can provide to Nike. Come with your A game and just be yourself, dress nicely and try not to wear anything with a corporate logo or even Nike for that matter. Wearing alot of Nike apparel or something outrageous like quarks is just tacky lol. If you have alot of money to buy overpriced garbage it begs the question why you are applying as an athlete. It doesn't look proffesional but may impress the interviewers (which are going to be your managers btw) if you can pull it off professionally.

Interview Question – What were your worst and best experiences in retail   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and interviewed at NIKE.

Interview Details – I applied online and was surprised to even get a response from them. I passed my first interview, which was over the phone. They told me what to expect and how to prepare. I highly appreciated the help and that says a lot about Nike. Some of the things I expected (from what I was told) were things like "What's your favorite Nike product?" Why do you want to work for Nike?" and so on. I felt optimistic about the group interview and stood up 'till 4 am working on my interview questions. When I arrived to the interview, I instantly felt intimidated by the people there for the interview as well. I got a feeling that it wasn't going to go well, and it didn't. It was me, 3 women, and a male. The interviewer was extremely nice but the questions were not the ones I was told about over the phone.
 The questions asked were "Explain to me one time you've dealt with good or bad customer experience" and "What was one time you've dealt with a situation and how did you handle it" and 2 of those women handled those questions well. That's not a bad thing, except that they already had years of experience. By that I mean that one of women already had experience because she was a coach to a soccer team and finished college. The other one had traveled to a foreign country while she was in a soccer team. Already these women had the upper hand and I knew there was no way I was getting the job, regardless if they even contacted by strong references. The interviewer didn't ask questions like "What's are your strengths and weaknesses" or "What does Nike help when it comes to women living in undeveloped countries." Those questions would've been better to judge character and see they'd researched Nike programs like The Girl Effect. During the panel another women was speaking (not the 2 I mentioned) and the women who had experience as a coach looked so annoyed and didn't even bother to listen because she kept looking up at te ceiling. My answers were not as vague as the male's, but it was game over. All the questions were just based on experience. Nothing more or nothing less. Not even "Why should Nike hire you?" Just personal experience. Dissappoiting really. It's like standardized questions because not everyone has the same level of experience. And experience doesn't mean you'll genuinely take your job seriously.

Interview Question – What is one time you had to deal with good or bad customer service?   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at NIKE.

Interview Details – The interview was very straightforward.

Interview Question – Explain to me your passion for sports   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at NIKE.

Interview Details – Group interview, opened ended questions. Basically a panel interview with managers from each department

Interview Question – Most difficult customer service experience   Answer Question

Newport Beach, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at NIKE in August 2013.

Interview Details – I had a friend who had worked at the Beverly Hills Nike for a couple years and got promoted to visual manager and transferred to the Newport beach location, he told me they were hiring and I should apply so I applied for the position online and then took my resume in to the store and he introduced me to his manager. I got a call about 2 weeks later and had a phone interview and was then asked to come in the next day for an interview. It was a group interview with 5 other people and were asked all fairly easy questions asked. They really just want to see if your able to work well with others. Almost all the questions can either relate back to school, past work experiences, or any sort of sports you were involved in. They ask a lot about your goals and accomplishments. They want very specific answers.
It took her a while to get back to me because she was doing background checks on everyone else but since I'm a minor she can't do one on me.

Interview Question – Explain a time when someone's standards did not meet yours and how did you handle the situation.   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at NIKE.

Interview Details – I applied via their online application and received a phone call from a representative which ended up being my phone screening. He passed me along and gave me the information for the group interview. The group interview was a little intimidating and the questions do require you to think outside the box but if you can answer promptly and make good points you should be alright. I wasn't asked anything about Nike, which struck me as odd but I really liked that. The questions were very situational and asked about past experiences so even if you didn't have any work experiences, it was open to your school or personal life which was appreciated.

Interview Question – When was a time you were asked to do something you didn't agree with?   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online and interviewed at NIKE.

Interview Details – Well it's a group interview , you and maybe 12 other employer maybe 20! It all depends they usually hire every month if not every other month, they'll ask you questions like "what's your favorite Nike shoe?" "How long have you been wearing nikes?" "Why am should you hire you for (blank) position?" Then they give you a scenario where you need to sell them something like mine was a stapler for an example nothing tough about the interviews

Interview Question – Nothing seemed to out the ordinary   Answer Question

Round Rock, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at NIKE in August 2011.

Interview Details – Apply online, got a call for interview. Interview was very standard questions with one manager, had to go home and fill out an online background check form. After that was approved got the job offer. Didn't find out pay until first day of orientation. Hired on as a seasonal employee but was offered a permanent part time job due to good performance. They do this so they can weed out the poor quality employees easily.

Interview Question – Several questions along the lines of "tell me about a time when you....."   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, everyone who was hired on at the same time got the same pay.

Worked for NIKE? Contribute to the Community!