NIKSUN

Updated Nov 2, 2014
Updated Nov 2, 2014

3.5

Customer Support Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at NIKSUN.

Interview contains of all technical questions covering UNIX commands, TCP/IP, mostly networking questions. The interviewers are friendly and they listen you completely if you want to feel saying more about the asked question.

Regional Vice President Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at NIKSUN in July 2014.

Recruiter-led opportunity. Prescreening interview with Vice President Sales, background questionnaire completion with HR followed by panel interview. Panel included sales leadership, sales operations, operations, CFO and HR. Interview conducted over video. Successful completion of that stage led to 1:1 interview with CEO and presentation of 90 day plan with Sales leadership. Company is growing with many open positions but selection process is tough.

Interview Questions
    • What was your most significant hiring and termination experience; please provide details surrounding why, circumstances and rationale for indicating it was the most significant.   Answer Question
    Regimented negotiation process. Follows former Cisco model (all sales leadership team members are former 10+ year Cisco veterans). Plans and quotas are decidedly growth oriented. If you're not 100% confident in your own abilities - probably not a good place to apply.

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at NIKSUN in November 2013.

two phone interviews and two 1:1 and they still wanted me to have a panel interview. I refused, seemed they did not know which way was up or down.

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at NIKSUN in August 2013.

Online test. Then In-person IQ type test. Then 3 Indian people grilling in person.

Developer/QA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at NIKSUN in June 2013.

There were several callback interviews which went well and I received an offer. When I tried to negotiate a slightly better salary, the offer was immediately rescinded. I didn't demand a better salary. I simply asked if the company would be willing to consider it, so be forewarned that any attempt at salary negotiation will result in an offer being rescinded.

Interview Questions

I didn't decline. The offer was rescinded when I tried to negotiate a slightly better salary. Though I may have declined it anyway as I had another offer.

Adequate.

Director, Product Management Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at NIKSUN in August 2012.

A multi-stage review process generally. I was interviewed multiple times by the CEO himself over 4 days of phone converstaions that ultimately lead to a face to face interview. THe planned 2 hour inteview lasted for over 4 hours.

Interview Questions
    • Detailed technical questions and hypothetical scenerios and how each would be handled. Even though there are no 'right answers' for the latter, these lead to other clarifying questions and sometimes challenges.   View Answer

Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at NIKSUN in January 2012.

Be prepared to rattle off the usual items ... port numbers, service names, TCP handshake. Don't expect the person interviewing you to know what they are, they will just check the box if you get what they are told is the correct answer.

Interview Questions
    • They will ask about your willingness to work. what this means is are you willing to work unpaid overtime, nights, weekends, and any time something goes wrong without compensation.   View Answer
    You take what they offer you. They are not flexible

Campus recruitment. Mostly Aptitude Based Test

Interview Questions
    • HR Rounds were easy but question had to be handled carefully   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at NIKSUN in November 2011.

Three rounds of written tests include basics in IQ, C/C++ and network. C questions are like, given a code fragment, you choose the output. In regard to network, you should know things no more difficult than OSI models. There is one round of personal interview in the afternoon and questions are about the resume.