NMC

2 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Manager Interview

Manager

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at NMC in September 2011.

Interview Details – Phone Interview with Company Recruiter: Nothing spectacular, very routine, i.e. "tell me about yourself", review of job history, etc. At close, I asked if there were any issues or questions they might have regarding my qualifications or history, and they had none. I had numerous questions regarding position, but didn't receive many details.
Face-to-face interview with Company Recruiter: Recruiter followed up and scheduled a face-to-face, which was postponed once. At rescheduled interview, the company recruiter kept me waiting in lobby a full 20 minutes after scheduled starting time (not a good sign). The interview was really no different than the phone interview. I did provide some clarification on my work history and the person did ask a question as to how I would manage a development project. Based on my questions, it became apparent that this person (and company) had little or no experience in hiring engineering personnel based on the questions asked and their lack of understanding when it came to engineering processes, tools, systems, etc. The interview was approx. 1 hr and I closed with asking if there were any concerns or questions regarding my exp. and qual. There were none and the interviewer stated that they wanted to schedule a face-to-face between me and the hiring manager within the next 2 weeks. It was stated that they were "very interested" in me.
Follow-up: After 2 weeks had passed, I sent the company recruiter an email inquiring status. I did not receive a reply and so 3 days later I called the person on their direct line. There was no answer and I left a message. Finally, 2 days later I rec'd an email indicating that they were "going in a different direction." No other explanation was offered.
Summary: This was the 2nd time in a couple of years that I had applied for a position (different departments) at this company and each time the experience was similar. The most frustrating thing is the lack of feedback and inability to meet time commitments. I'm not sure if this is indicative of a dysfunctional culture/organization or if the person I am interfacing with is just overloaded or "over their head." I truly hope that they do not treat others (whether it be job candidates, employees, customers, or suppliers) as I was treated. In whole, the process was not a good reflection on the company's integrity.

Interview Question – What is the process for managing product development?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Network Engineer Interview

Network Engineer

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at NMC in March 2009.

Interview Details – Average

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – Yes, i prefer my current position.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for NMC? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at NMC interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by NMC employees and interview candidates.