NORC at the University of Chicago Interview Questions in Bethesda, MD

2.3

Health Informatics Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at NORC at the University of Chicago (Bethesda, MD) in August 2014.

Interview

Very unorganized! they called me after one month i submitted my CV and again one month after phone screening they asked me to come down for the on site interview! so the schedule was from 1-3PM and i had to talk to folks in Chicago using video conference! so the last interviewer changed his time from 3 to 12:30 and they never informed me!! i got there around 12:40 and they told me i am late!!! then i am waiting on the conference room to talk to another person in Chicago i don't see anything going on, i thought i had to initiate the call!! after 5 minutes someone shows up and i guess he is the IT guy and starts the video call, the guy in Chicago was saying he was wondering if this ever gonan happen!!!! the hiring manager never met me in the beginning and end of the interview! i mean it was the worst interview i could ever see! well i was in Bethesda and seems everything is in Chicago the HR and all so there is a big miscommunication

the salary was ridicules! i knew the salary range because of glassdoor and yes it is below the average range!

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at NORC at the University of Chicago (Bethesda, MD) in October 2013.

Interview

I applied through their website, and was contacted for an interview about 2 weeks later. At the interview, the interviewers spent most of their time talking about the position and the company. I was not asked too many questions about myself or my background.

Interview Questions

• I did not receive any unexpected or difficult questions - mostly just the typical behavioral questions, why do you want to work here, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at NORC at the University of Chicago (Bethesda, MD) in August 2012.

Interview

Phone interview with HR In person/Satelite interview with Project Team/Staff Final Interview with Department VP or Head

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They make an offer.

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at NORC at the University of Chicago (Bethesda, MD) in October 2011.

Interview

The interview with NORC is pretty pleasant. A week after I submitted my resume, I got a call from them. We set up to meet a week after that. The interview site is about 3 blocks from the Bethesda Metro. They have their own floor and I like how clean and neat their office looks. Once I have signed in at the receptionist's desk, I was seen promptly. I was interviewed by 4 people. They mostly asked why I wanted to work from them and told me about what the position entails. After the interview, I had a chat with one of the people in the group who was showing me the way out how she likes the place. She likes it as she gets to do a lot of things. About a month and a half later, I heard back from them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at NORC at the University of Chicago (Bethesda, MD) in August 2010.

Interview

Initial phone screen going over resume and background info with Human Resources. Then a second round in-person interview with Department Manager (as well as dept staff via video conf). Third round interview with Executive Vice President for research was more of a formality. Very professional process, but took a long time. Nothing too tricky as far as questions asked, very typically basic open-ended situational queries.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to deliver bad news to a supervisor and how you handled it effectively   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very open to salary negotiations and provided a nice signing bonus. Very nice perks and benefits, if they want someone they are willing to pay. Although the industry itself is not a particularly high paying one.

Health IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NORC at the University of Chicago (Bethesda, MD) in July 2009.

Interview

I had collegues in the company, so after I submitted my application online, I wrote and asked one of them to let me know if the position was a good fit for me. I heard that day that I was in the short pile to review and then that I would be interviewed. I was first called by someone in HR to do a screening interview and then invited in for an interview in their offices. I had a 1 hour interview with 2 senior level staff who were very friendly and seemed to really like me. I was called back to meet with someone at the VP level who told me that it was a formality for me to interview with him because the others already liked me. That conversation was very easy-going and we negotiated salaries right then. I was told that I would not be able to get the same amount as at my previous position and I agreed to that because of an easier commute and no supervisory responsibilities.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever led a proposal effort?   1 Answer

Negotiation

My negotiation was during the 2nd interview. If I had it to do over again, I'd have negotiated for a bit more, but the exact amount was not a deal breaker. I got a raise within a few months.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at NORC at the University of Chicago (Bethesda, MD) in May 2009.

Interview

Very pleasant process. Staff was very friendly and prompt and made me feel welcomed. I knew I had the job before I left the interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Smooth. They understood what I needed.