NORC at the University of Chicago

Relevance Date Difficulty

Survey Specialist Interview

Survey Specialist
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at NORC at the University of Chicago.

Interview Details – Quick interview with 4 different people, lasted about an hour in person.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary, mostly about my background and why I wanted to work there.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, govt contractor.

Research Assistant Interview

Research Assistant
Bethesda, MD

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at NORC at the University of Chicago in October 2013.

Interview Details – I applied through their website, and was contacted for an interview about 2 weeks later. At the interview, the interviewers spent most of their time talking about the position and the company. I was not asked too many questions about myself or my background.

Interview Question – I did not receive any unexpected or difficult questions - mostly just the typical behavioral questions, why do you want to work here, etc.   Answer Question

Telephone Interviewer I Interview

Telephone Interviewer I

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at NORC at the University of Chicago in November 2013.

Interview Details – Group Interview, then 1 on 1, you read a paragraph and answer maybe 10 quick questions and you find out on the spot if you have it.

Negotiation Details – No Negotiation

Survey Specialist II Interview

Survey Specialist II
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at NORC at the University of Chicago.

Interview Details – The process is fairly quick. I received an email from an HR hiring manager two days after I applied to set up a phone screen. The phone screen is totally painless, just a quick review of your employment history and why you think you'd be a good fit fort he position. She'll let you know right then if you will be getting a behavioral interview. On the interview day, you'll have three interviews with two people per interview. In my experience they were incredibly kind, comforting and encouraging. No technical questions about stats. Mostly how did you hear about the organization, do you have any applicable experience with the particular responsibilities (which they will explain to you), why NORC etc. After submitting a writing sample and approving reference contact, you find out in 7-10 days. I went from applying to starting work in 3 weeks.

Interview Question – One really random question I got was how specifically was I organized, like what types of activities did I do to stay organized.   Answer Question

Survey Director Interview

Survey Director
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at NORC at the University of Chicago.

Interview Details – Pretty straightforward. Asked the typical questions about previous research experience, goals and aspirations, how well I work with a team etc., Asked about academic experiences, previous project I had worked on. Interest in research as far as topics. Competence with technology, stats and such..

Interview Question – Nothing was overly difficult or unexpected.. it was a pretty typical interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was fairly light.. I was offered a salary that fit well within my expectations so I accepted..

Telephone Interviewer I Interview

Telephone Interviewer I
Chicago, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at NORC at the University of Chicago in August 2012.

Interview Details – The hiring process was okay very simple just did a group interview answered a few questions.

Field Interviewer Interview

Field Interviewer

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at NORC at the University of Chicago.

Interview Details – After applying for the position a Supervisor calls via phone. They ask about experience in the field, confirm information from the application and explain, briefly, the project and what it will entail to work in it and ask about relevant skills and availability.

Interview Question – There are no difficult or unexpected questions.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They take in account experience and difficulty level, there is not much room for negotiation.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Senior Project Manager
Chicago, IL

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at NORC at the University of Chicago in March 2013.

Interview Details – I didn't need to interview for this position. I was already on staff and assumed the position.

Negotiation Details – None.

Research Analyst Interview

Research Analyst

I applied online - interviewed at NORC at the University of Chicago in November 2013.

Interview Details – The process took 3 weeks. I had an extremely pleasant experience with the organization. The HR and Hiring Manager are extremely helpful and responsive. They responded within 3 hours to any questions I have regarding my applications. The interview was challenging but not aggressive.

Interview Question – They asked some basic resume questions, research experience, and technical assessment (statistics, survey, linear regressions).   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Nice bonus and salary for the industry.

Field Interviewer Interview

Field Interviewer

I applied online and interviewed at NORC at the University of Chicago.

Interview Details – Applied online. Filled out application. Got called back for phone interview. Was hired after background check.

Interview Question – Are you comfortable knocking on strangers door?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at NORC at the University of Chicago

Worked for NORC at the University of Chicago? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at NORC at the University of Chicago interview questions and advice. All 27 interview reviews posted anonymously by NORC at the University of Chicago employees and interview candidates.