NORC at the University of Chicago Interview Questions

Updated Apr 2, 2015

2.4

Telephone Interviewer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at NORC at the University of Chicago (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

18 of us in a room where they told us about the job and said it was not for everyone, then if you stayed you queued for a one on one interview. Got offered the job on the spot.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at NORC at the University of Chicago.

Interview

A friend told me about an opening and helped me find the position on-line. It was an easy application and I was contacted soon after to fill out a follow-up application. The interview included me meeting with four different levels of the company; all of whom I'd be interacting with in some way. Each person was very easy to talk to and very friendly. They all spoke highly of the work culture and the camaraderie within the organization. It took a few weeks after the interview to hear back. I was excited to receive an offer of employment with a much higher pay rate than I expected.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate as the offer was above my expectations.

Telephone Interviewer I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at NORC at the University of Chicago.

Interview

Hiring process and training was all was in a group. Training was a little boring as far as all the lecturing. Pretty easy if you sound good reading aloud. And know how to give good rebuttals.

Health Informatics Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at NORC at the University of Chicago (Bethesda, MD) in August 2014.

Interview

Very unorganized! they called me after one month i submitted my CV and again one month after phone screening they asked me to come down for the on site interview! so the schedule was from 1-3PM and i had to talk to folks in Chicago using video conference! so the last interviewer changed his time from 3 to 12:30 and they never informed me!! i got there around 12:40 and they told me i am late!!! then i am waiting on the conference room to talk to another person in Chicago i don't see anything going on, i thought i had to initiate the call!! after 5 minutes someone shows up and i guess he is the IT guy and starts the video call, the guy in Chicago was saying he was wondering if this ever gonan happen!!!! the hiring manager never met me in the beginning and end of the interview! i mean it was the worst interview i could ever see! well i was in Bethesda and seems everything is in Chicago the HR and all so there is a big miscommunication

the salary was ridicules! i knew the salary range because of glassdoor and yes it is below the average range!

Telephone Interviewer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NORC at the University of Chicago in August 2014.

Interview

Excellent interview process. Handled through a phone script followed by an email. Proficient and professional. Interview was a group interview. If offered a job, you will meet one on one with HR to complete hiring process.

Field Interviewer Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at NORC at the University of Chicago in July 2014.

Interview

It was about 4-5 weeks before I received a call, after submitting my resume. We did a brief phone screening, which consisted of mostly the field manager giving me basic information about the project. She also explained the expectations of the role. After that, we scheduled an in-person interview the following week.

The field manager was very friendly, and the interview lasted maybe 20-30 minutes, mostly because I have a research background. She asked basic questions, and I used STAR to answer the questions asked. She have me a good indication I would get the job and would follow up later that week...and she did! Communication was awesome. Nothing crazy, as long as you know what field research entails.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you think is a characteristic you possess that will make you a good field interviewer.   Answer Question

Survey Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at NORC at the University of Chicago (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Quick interview with 4 different people, lasted about an hour in person.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary, mostly about my background and why I wanted to work there.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, govt contractor.

Survey Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at NORC at the University of Chicago (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The process is fairly quick. I received an email from an HR hiring manager two days after I applied to set up a phone screen. The phone screen is totally painless, just a quick review of your employment history and why you think you'd be a good fit fort he position. She'll let you know right then if you will be getting a behavioral interview. On the interview day, you'll have three interviews with two people per interview. In my experience they were incredibly kind, comforting and encouraging. No technical questions about stats. Mostly how did you hear about the organization, do you have any applicable experience with the particular responsibilities (which they will explain to you), why NORC etc. After submitting a writing sample and approving reference contact, you find out in 7-10 days. I went from applying to starting work in 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• One really random question I got was how specifically was I organized, like what types of activities did I do to stay organized.   Answer Question

Survey Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at NORC at the University of Chicago (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Pretty straightforward. Asked the typical questions about previous research experience, goals and aspirations, how well I work with a team etc., Asked about academic experiences, previous project I had worked on. Interest in research as far as topics. Competence with technology, stats and such..

Interview Questions

• Nothing was overly difficult or unexpected.. it was a pretty typical interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was fairly light.. I was offered a salary that fit well within my expectations so I accepted..

Field Interviewer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at NORC at the University of Chicago.

Interview

After applying for the position a Supervisor calls via phone. They ask about experience in the field, confirm information from the application and explain, briefly, the project and what it will entail to work in it and ask about relevant skills and availability.

Interview Questions

• There are no difficult or unexpected questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They take in account experience and difficulty level, there is not much room for negotiation.