NORC at the University of Chicago Interview Questions

Updated Aug 19, 2015

2.3

Telephone Interviewer Interview

Interview

The interview was a group interview so it was fairly easy. The same question is asked to everyone in the group and everyone answers it. Questions are fairly common interview questions and some are random question but they are simple.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite place in the Chicago?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at NORC at the University of Chicago (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

Interview was really easy and short. First it was a presentation for about 15 min, then was the one on one interview. I felt very comfortable. Make sure you get there early because its first come first serve. They will give you a number . I was number 2 so i was the second to interview.

Principal Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at NORC at the University of Chicago (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

Three stages: phone interview with recruiter, phone interview with researcher, and in-person visit. Questions were not particularly challenging; mostly background and experience questions. Phone interview with recruiter: Perhaps the most thorough interview out of the three. Went for half an hour and was asked to discuss every position I held and how my experience was relevant to the position. Phone interview with researcher: Went for half an hour and they did most of the talking. They discussed the position and the various projects they work on. Was asked two general questions: about how my current position is related to their work and at the end of there was anything I wanted to add. In-person visit: They have a really cool location. Met six members of the research team. Felt more like a conversation than an interview. Talked about myself, my interests and had time to ask questions as well. No hard questions or anything, just a few basic behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why do you want to work here? 2. Why do you want to leave your current job 3. Walk me through your resume 4. Tell me about your survey skills 5. Anything else I should know about why you want to work here and what interests you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at NORC at the University of Chicago (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

18 of us in a room where they told us about the job and said it was not for everyone, then if you stayed you queued for a one on one interview. Got offered the job on the spot.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NORC at the University of Chicago.

Interview

A friend told me about an opening and helped me find the position on-line. It was an easy application and I was contacted soon after to fill out a follow-up application. The interview included me meeting with four different levels of the company; all of whom I'd be interacting with in some way. Each person was very easy to talk to and very friendly. They all spoke highly of the work culture and the camaraderie within the organization. It took a few weeks after the interview to hear back. I was excited to receive an offer of employment with a much higher pay rate than I expected.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate as the offer was above my expectations.

Telephone Interviewer I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at NORC at the University of Chicago.

Interview

Hiring process and training was all was in a group. Training was a little boring as far as all the lecturing. Pretty easy if you sound good reading aloud. And know how to give good rebuttals.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NORC at the University of Chicago (Chicago, IL) in September 2014.

Interview

Easy, took about a week to get a call back after applying online. Long interview process (group interview, computer test, one on one interview), mostly everybody who was in the group interview got the job. The training was a week long and you had to pass training or you wasn't officially hired. Everyone passed training out of 10 except one girl. (So it's not hard)

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have that would make you a good fit   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't have a need to negotiate anything, the entire process was very simpel.. training was paid and it was a week long.

Health Informatics Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at NORC at the University of Chicago (Bethesda, MD) in August 2014.

Interview

Very unorganized! they called me after one month i submitted my CV and again one month after phone screening they asked me to come down for the on site interview! so the schedule was from 1-3PM and i had to talk to folks in Chicago using video conference! so the last interviewer changed his time from 3 to 12:30 and they never informed me!! i got there around 12:40 and they told me i am late!!! then i am waiting on the conference room to talk to another person in Chicago i don't see anything going on, i thought i had to initiate the call!! after 5 minutes someone shows up and i guess he is the IT guy and starts the video call, the guy in Chicago was saying he was wondering if this ever gonan happen!!!! the hiring manager never met me in the beginning and end of the interview! i mean it was the worst interview i could ever see! well i was in Bethesda and seems everything is in Chicago the HR and all so there is a big miscommunication

the salary was ridicules! i knew the salary range because of glassdoor and yes it is below the average range!

Telephone Interviewer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NORC at the University of Chicago in August 2014.

Interview

Excellent interview process. Handled through a phone script followed by an email. Proficient and professional. Interview was a group interview. If offered a job, you will meet one on one with HR to complete hiring process.

Field Interviewer Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NORC at the University of Chicago in July 2014.

Interview

It was about 4-5 weeks before I received a call, after submitting my resume. We did a brief phone screening, which consisted of mostly the field manager giving me basic information about the project. She also explained the expectations of the role. After that, we scheduled an in-person interview the following week. The field manager was very friendly, and the interview lasted maybe 20-30 minutes, mostly because I have a research background. She asked basic questions, and I used STAR to answer the questions asked. She have me a good indication I would get the job and would follow up later that week...and she did! Communication was awesome. Nothing crazy, as long as you know what field research entails.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you think is a characteristic you possess that will make you a good field interviewer.   Answer Question