NPD

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Rosemont, IL

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at NPD in December 2012.

Interview Details – Recruiter reached out the same day I applied via LinkedIn. She was pushy from the very first day and I was very uncomfortable talking with her. She had very little flexibility in scheduling the in office interview and called me multiple times a day to schedule it. The in office interview consisted of 3 rounds: 2 with hiring managers and 1 with an HR Representative. The interview was very laid back and generic questions about working style and my background. Afterwards (a week later) I had an interview with the Director over the phone. The managers and director were very nice and easy to talk with - unlike their recruiter.

Interview Question – No hard questions - all just talking about myself.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Honestly, I just got such a bad feeling from the Recruiter. She was horrible to speak with and that made me nervous to work for a company like that.

Rosemont, IL

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at NPD in July 2010.

Interview Details – The initial email communication was fairly prompt and we set up a time for a phone interview. The interviewer was called about 30 minutes late for our interview and didn't bother to apologize. We set up a time to come in for 3 1:1 interviews and everything went very well. None of the questions were hard, and the last person I met with didn't "interview" me at all, it was more of her talking about the job. I left the interview feeling pretty good but I haven't heard back from them dispite emailing thank-you's, and calling and emailing for a resolution. Very disappointed.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work in this field?   Answer Question

Rosemont, IL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at NPD in July 2010.

Interview Details – I was scheduled to have a phone interview on a Thursday afternoon. At the scheduled time, I waited for the call. 25 minutes later, the phone rang. The woman who was supposed to be interviewing me told me that she would have to reschedule, as she had just gotten out of a meeting that ran long. She did not apologize, which I found both unusual and rude. We rescheduled for early the next week.

The morning of the rescheduled phone interview arrived and again, I was prepared for the call at the scheduled time. 20 minutes later, the phone rang. Again, the woman did not apologize for being late calling or wasting my time.

She asked me how I was doing and I responded that I was disappointed that she was late calling me again and also that she did not apologize for being late either time. She got defensive and told me that she was sorry she was "a few minutes late" but that "due to the volume of calls that we make" it was unavoidable. I told her that if this is how they treat their candidates, then it makes me wonder how they treat their employees. I thanked her and let her know that I was no longer interested in pursuing a position with her company.

It is truly disappointing to experience the lack of common courtesy and respect afforded to a candidate by this company.

Worked for NPD? Contribute to the Community!