NPD

Updated Oct 30, 2014

2.0

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Account Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at NPD in October 2014.

The HR recruiter reached out to me for a standard phone screening, which was conducted the next day. Typical questions asking why I'm applying for the position, how my experience relates to the posted job responsibilities, etc. Also went over in greater detail the expectations of the position and the type of clientele it would work with on a day-to-day basis. Was told after all of this that the team is currently interviewing candidates and it may be too late to get me in for an interview, but that she would -definitely- get back to me later that day or early the next with an answer from the team on whether or not they wanted to bring me in last-minute. Was taken back by this-- why even call and waste both ends' times with this interview? She did offer to look into similar roles should the team not want to throw a last-minute candidate into the mix, and assured me I'd hear from her about that as well. Followed up the next day via email and, as expected, never heard back. Very unprofessional demeanor and tactic.

Interview Questions
  • How does your previous experience relate to the client-handling responsibilities of this position?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for NPD

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemont, IL

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at NPD in December 2012.

Recruiter reached out the same day I applied via LinkedIn. She was pushy from the very first day and I was very uncomfortable talking with her. She had very little flexibility in scheduling the in office interview and called me multiple times a day to schedule it. The in office interview consisted of 3 rounds: 2 with hiring managers and 1 with an HR Representative. The interview was very laid back and generic questions about working style and my background. Afterwards (a week later) I had an interview with the Director over the phone. The managers and director were very nice and easy to talk with - unlike their recruiter.

Interview Questions

Honestly, I just got such a bad feeling from the Recruiter. She was horrible to speak with and that made me nervous to work for a company like that.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemont, IL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at NPD in July 2010.

I was scheduled to have a phone interview on a Thursday afternoon. At the scheduled time, I waited for the call. 25 minutes later, the phone rang. The woman who was supposed to be interviewing me told me that she would have to reschedule, as she had just gotten out of a meeting that ran long. She did not apologize, which I found both unusual and rude. We rescheduled for early the next week.

The morning of the rescheduled phone interview arrived and again, I was prepared for the call at the scheduled time. 20 minutes later, the phone rang. Again, the woman did not apologize for being late calling or wasting my time.

She asked me how I was doing and I responded that I was disappointed that she was late calling me again and also that she did not apologize for being late either time. She got defensive and told me that she was sorry she was "a few minutes late" but that "due to the volume of calls that we make" it was unavoidable. I told her that if this is how they treat their candidates, then it makes me wonder how they treat their employees. I thanked her and let her know that I was no longer interested in pursuing a position with her company.

It is truly disappointing to experience the lack of common courtesy and respect afforded to a candidate by this company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemont, IL

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at NPD in July 2010.

The initial email communication was fairly prompt and we set up a time for a phone interview. The interviewer was called about 30 minutes late for our interview and didn't bother to apologize. We set up a time to come in for 3 1:1 interviews and everything went very well. None of the questions were hard, and the last person I met with didn't "interview" me at all, it was more of her talking about the job. I left the interview feeling pretty good but I haven't heard back from them dispite emailing thank-you's, and calling and emailing for a resolution. Very disappointed.