NPD Interview Questions

Updated Aug 31, 2014
Updated Aug 31, 2014

2.4

Market Research Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at NPD.

I had emailed a recruiter after my friend that was working at the company had recommended me to the hiring manager. I was excited to work at the same company that had been publishing excellent research and had exposure to Fortune 500 clients.

I accepted a phone interview, however I was rudely awakened when I realized that the recruiter started the call by screaming at me and telling me to hurry up. I have completed several interviews, either phone, Skype, or in person, and I have never been treated so rudely in any of those situations. I was so shocked that I played along,but I ended up obviously not doing well because I felt I was being personally attacked.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult part was when the interviewer started yelling at me and making snide comments at my answers such as, "I asked you a yes or no question. Clearly you cannot follow instructions."   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 2 months - interviewed at NPD in March 2012.

Meet the HR people at a Career Fair, then through exchange of E-mail, and an on-site interview. Great People, awesome location. Mostly behavioral questions.

Account Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rosemont, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemont, IL

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at NPD in July 2010.

I was scheduled to have a phone interview on a Thursday afternoon. At the scheduled time, I waited for the call. 25 minutes later, the phone rang. The woman who was supposed to be interviewing me told me that she would have to reschedule, as she had just gotten out of a meeting that ran long. She did not apologize, which I found both unusual and rude. We rescheduled for early the next week.

The morning of the rescheduled phone interview arrived and again, I was prepared for the call at the scheduled time. 20 minutes later, the phone rang. Again, the woman did not apologize for being late calling or wasting my time.

She asked me how I was doing and I responded that I was disappointed that she was late calling me again and also that she did not apologize for being late either time. She got defensive and told me that she was sorry she was "a few minutes late" but that "due to the volume of calls that we make" it was unavoidable. I told her that if this is how they treat their candidates, then it makes me wonder how they treat their employees. I thanked her and let her know that I was no longer interested in pursuing a position with her company.

It is truly disappointing to experience the lack of common courtesy and respect afforded to a candidate by this company.

Market Research Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at NPD in September 2011.

Two weeks after submitting application, did a phone interview that was relatively straightforward. Then did in-person interview with three different people. The first one was ok, the second one was through videoconference which was ok, but the third guy was just weird and appeared disinterested the whole time.

Market Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at NPD in May 2012.

Phone interview, but no follow-up afterwards. I waited 3 weeks with no response whatsoever and have given up hope.

Syndicated Market Research Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at NPD in May 2012.

First interview was with an HR coordinator, then the division manager that I would be working under, then the third interview was with the HR Director. I'm guessing the HR Director didn't like me for some reason. My only complaint is that after three interviews I just didn't hear back from them. At that point I was already going over the logistics in my head of moving my family across the country. After three interviews I'd think they'd drop me an email or letter letting me know it's off the table.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to go over all the steps of a research study. A little difficult since they span several months and have hundreds of components. Would have preferred they explain what specifically they are trying to find out, or to ask something more specific.   Answer Question

Market Research Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at NPD in March 2014.

Similar to the other interviews, I had an initial phone screening from a New York recruiter after sending my resume in. I was told I would receive a follow up later that day or the next day to schedule the second round of interviews. I never received a follow up. After 3-4 days I emailed the recruiter, and was told she would be in touch with me as soon as she had more direction. It’s been over 3 weeks, and I still haven't received a response.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. Just a more detailed look at my background, and questions on how strong my analytical skills are.   Answer Question

Associate Marketing/List Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at NPD in August 2014.

1 week after my online application, I had phone interview and she (HR) asked me about my experience. She was fine. She asked me my availability for face to face interview at the office. I did follow up email and reminder email but never heard back from her.
    It would be just nice to email candidate that they chose someone else. Knowing nothing is worse than receiving a rejection.

Summer Intern Interview

I applied online - interviewed at NPD.

Applied online from indeed.com and received a phone call a few days later setting up a time for a phone interview. After that, I had 2 Skype interviews with the HR directors and received an offer the same day. All of the interviewers were very friendly and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions
    • Much of the conversation related to proficiency with excel and other analytical tools/skills.   Answer Question
    Accepted the hourly intern wage for full time employment over the summer.

Account Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online - interviewed at NPD.

First contact was a screening call. Interviewer asked me to explain several areas of my resume and asked if I was comfortable with the job description.

Next was an in-person interview with a second HR representative and then 2 members of the team. Each session was 30-45 minutes long, and questions were aimed at finding my level of comfortability with the role.

Interview Questions
    • Was there ever a time when you were in a situation with an individual you didn't get along with? How did you handle the situation?   View Answer
    Wasn't able to negotiate much because I was starting out of college.

Worked for NPD? Contribute to the Community!