NPD Interview Questions

Updated Jul 31, 2015

2.4

Client Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at NPD (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

The interview process started with an on campus interview, with one of the senior managers. It was a very laid back interview, where we talked about ourselves, what I was looking for in an intern program, what I knew about the company, what I wanted to know, growth opportunities, post program opportunities, hobbies, personal strength, etc. The second interview, they flew me to NY to meet with 6 senior managers. Five of the individuals followed the same style as the first interview. However the sixth interviewer, came in trying to press my buttons, to see how I would react to criticism. Seems everyone hired had the same experience.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 1, 5 and 10 years, and why do you want to be there?   Answer Question

Account Manager, Client Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at NPD (Boulder, CO) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online then heard back from HR by phone about 1 month later... 1. Phone Screener- HR 2. Phone Interview - Hiring Manager 3. In Office Interviews (30 mins each) - Hiring Manager, Business Unit's President and Senior Manager 4. "Analytical Assessment"of POS data was scheduled by HR but it could not take place (HR never sent the data for prior analysis and then presentation/Q&A right after the one-on-one in-person interviews).

Interview Questions

• 1. Do you prefer being a "hunter gatherer" or a "harvester"? 2. What is an example of research you have done that impacted a client's business? 3. What is an example of a challenge(s) you faced doing research for a client? 4. Give three words that describe you? 5. Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at NPD (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied in university career fair and heard back after a month for a on-site interview. The questions are all like do you know the company questions. I thought I behaved well and never heard back ever since. Not even a phone call to tell me I was rejected.

Associate Client Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Port Washington, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at NPD (Port Washington, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received an email for a phone interview, and after that I was brought in for an interview with the hiring manager. The interview was very smooth and no real tough questions, just a run down of your resume and behavioral questions. I thought the interview went great and was told I'll receive a phone call within the next 1-2 days. When i didn't get the call, I emailed them and was told by the recruiter that she was going to talk to the hiring manager later that day and get back to all of the candidates. Another week went by and I decided to email the recruiter again and this time I got no reply. I really liked the company and I thought interview process was really quick and smooth. I just wish they told me i didn't get the position. I would def. recommend applying for tho.

Summer Associate Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at NPD in March 2015.

Interview

I had applied through my college career development website during late December and received a call from their HR rep beginning of Jan. Unfortunately I was in the middle of my vacation so I rescheduled with her for a phone interview after I came back. After a few weeks, she scheduled 4 phone interviews with VPs/EVP/ED through out Feb. Finally in the beginning of March I went in for 2 in-person interviews at NPD Group in LI.

Account Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at NPD (Chicago, IL) in December 2014.

Interview

Process included a brief phone interview with the recruiter, an in-person interview with the hiring manager (who was an Account Manager) and an Executive Director, a follow up call with a Director, then another in-person which involved taking a test with the hiring manager and speaking with a second Account Manager. After all of this, they decided to promote internally. This is awful business practice, if you are interviewing internally there is no benefit to opening the process to outside candidates. Not only is this a waste of my time, but also a waste of time for the recruiter to post a job description, scan resumes, set up phone interviews, and coordinate in-person interviews, as well wasting the time of those on the team who met with me and then had to meet with each other to discuss the outcome of the interviews internally. It was also apparent that the Director felt this way as well. She seemed completely disinterested during our conversation and it was evident that she had no desire to be speaking with me. After finding out they promoted internally, I'm sure she knew she was wasting her time as well and that explains her (rude) behavior.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in research? I always find it odd when business majors are looking for research roles.   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at NPD (Herndon, VA).

Interview

basic job interview questions name a time you show leadership? I recommend people to attend practice interviews most of interviews were about 85% the same leadership, showing initiative, dealing with a difficult co-work or classmate questions.

Interview Questions

• name a time you had to finish a task when you have very little time   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation at all

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at NPD.

Interview

The interviewer was very informative. He spent the first 30 minutes walking me through NPD and who their clients are. I was asked why NPD? and why the specific department? The interview was over Skype. It was business casual.

Account Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemont, IL

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at NPD (Rosemont, IL) in December 2013.

Interview

Interviewed with an account manager followed by the account director. Prepare to answer questions in the STAR format. Also make sure to be able to give an example or two of your intellectual curiosity, specifically in the sector in which your position is found, ie food, fashion, technology, etc.

Interview Questions

• Explaining with an example my intellectual curiosity for the subject matter of my choice.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I accepted an entry level position and did not negotiate my salary.

Account Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at NPD in October 2014.

Interview

The HR recruiter reached out to me for a standard phone screening, which was conducted the next day. Typical questions asking why I'm applying for the position, how my experience relates to the posted job responsibilities, etc. Also went over in greater detail the expectations of the position and the type of clientele it would work with on a day-to-day basis. Was told after all of this that the team is currently interviewing candidates and it may be too late to get me in for an interview, but that she would -definitely- get back to me later that day or early the next with an answer from the team on whether or not they wanted to bring me in last-minute. Was taken back by this-- why even call and waste both ends' times with this interview? She did offer to look into similar roles should the team not want to throw a last-minute candidate into the mix, and assured me I'd hear from her about that as well. Followed up the next day via email and, as expected, never heard back. Very unprofessional demeanor and tactic.

Interview Questions

• How does your previous experience relate to the client-handling responsibilities of this position?   Answer Question