NPD

25 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Summer Intern Interview

Summer Intern

I applied online and interviewed at NPD.

Interview Details – Applied online from indeed.com and received a phone call a few days later setting up a time for a phone interview. After that, I had 2 Skype interviews with the HR directors and received an offer the same day. All of the interviewers were very friendly and easy to talk to.

Interview Question – Much of the conversation related to proficiency with excel and other analytical tools/skills.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Accepted the hourly intern wage for full time employment over the summer.

Very Easy Interview

Rosemont, IL

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at NPD in December 2012.

Interview Details – Recruiter reached out the same day I applied via LinkedIn. She was pushy from the very first day and I was very uncomfortable talking with her. She had very little flexibility in scheduling the in office interview and called me multiple times a day to schedule it. The in office interview consisted of 3 rounds: 2 with hiring managers and 1 with an HR Representative. The interview was very laid back and generic questions about working style and my background. Afterwards (a week later) I had an interview with the Director over the phone. The managers and director were very nice and easy to talk with - unlike their recruiter.

Interview Question – No hard questions - all just talking about myself.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Honestly, I just got such a bad feeling from the Recruiter. She was horrible to speak with and that made me nervous to work for a company like that.

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at NPD in January 2013.

Interview Details – Simple process. Applied through InternMatch.com. Received a email from HR about two weeks later. Had a Skype interview and had a offer about two days later.

Negotiation Details – None. Accepted everything.

Market Research Analyst Interview

Market Research Analyst
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at NPD in May 2012.

Interview Details – Phone interview, but no follow-up afterwards. I waited 3 weeks with no response whatsoever and have given up hope.

Interview Question – Tell me about your experience with Excel   Answer Question

Research Manager Interview

Research Manager
Rosemont, IL

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at NPD in May 2011.

Interview Details – After a phone interview with the recruiter, I was invited to the office to interview with one HR person, the person who would be my supervisor and their counterpart. This particular office had the excitement level of a funeral. The staff was very dry and it was clear that this was not going to be a good fit for anyone who enjoyed a laugh from time to time. I was told this in person interview would be the last step, so I was amazed that between a phone interview and three hours on-site a decision could be made. With competitors, there were several rounds of interviews on the phone and in person as well as an analytic skills test before any decisions were made. I am sure the entire organization is not this way, but this particular office seemed entirely outmoded. It was as though their business acumen was frozen in the late eighties/early nineties. Don't expect to shake things up over here!

Summer Intern Interview

Summer Intern
New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at NPD in March 2012.

Interview Details – Meet the HR people at a Career Fair, then through exchange of E-mail, and an on-site interview. Great People, awesome location. Mostly behavioral questions.

Interview Question – Tell me about your self   Answer Question

Rosemont, IL

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at NPD in July 2010.

Interview Details – The initial email communication was fairly prompt and we set up a time for a phone interview. The interviewer was called about 30 minutes late for our interview and didn't bother to apologize. We set up a time to come in for 3 1:1 interviews and everything went very well. None of the questions were hard, and the last person I met with didn't "interview" me at all, it was more of her talking about the job. I left the interview feeling pretty good but I haven't heard back from them dispite emailing thank-you's, and calling and emailing for a resolution. Very disappointed.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work in this field?   Answer Question

Rosemont, IL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at NPD in July 2010.

Interview Details – I was scheduled to have a phone interview on a Thursday afternoon. At the scheduled time, I waited for the call. 25 minutes later, the phone rang. The woman who was supposed to be interviewing me told me that she would have to reschedule, as she had just gotten out of a meeting that ran long. She did not apologize, which I found both unusual and rude. We rescheduled for early the next week.

The morning of the rescheduled phone interview arrived and again, I was prepared for the call at the scheduled time. 20 minutes later, the phone rang. Again, the woman did not apologize for being late calling or wasting my time.

She asked me how I was doing and I responded that I was disappointed that she was late calling me again and also that she did not apologize for being late either time. She got defensive and told me that she was sorry she was "a few minutes late" but that "due to the volume of calls that we make" it was unavoidable. I told her that if this is how they treat their candidates, then it makes me wonder how they treat their employees. I thanked her and let her know that I was no longer interested in pursuing a position with her company.

It is truly disappointing to experience the lack of common courtesy and respect afforded to a candidate by this company.

Account Associate Interview

Account Associate

Interviewed at NPD

Interview Details – It was of three steps, the first one with the HR: generic question about CV and motivations. The second one with the team manager: more specific questions about the job and what NPD offers. The third with a senior manager: generic question

Interview Question – describe the whole process of research   Answer Question

Sales and Distribution Coordinator Interview

Sales and Distribution Coordinator

Interviewed at NPD

Interview Details – By an confident person i know that the post of S.D.C. is laying in this company. So, I Submit my CV for interview. In interview they describe me an anonymous process. Although, I am experienced but they said that we will send you for training in another city

Interview Question – We have 50 to 60 distributors in different cities. How you will manage their supplies?   View Answer