NPD Interview Questions

Updated Jul 31, 2015

2.4

Operations Associate Interview

Interview

Phone interview and in person

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NPD in March 2014.

Interview

Similar to the other interviews, I had an initial phone screening from a New York recruiter after sending my resume in. I was told I would receive a follow up later that day or the next day to schedule the second round of interviews. I never received a follow up. After 3-4 days I emailed the recruiter, and was told she would be in touch with me as soon as she had more direction. It’s been over 3 weeks, and I still haven't received a response.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. Just a more detailed look at my background, and questions on how strong my analytical skills are.   Answer Question

Account Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemont, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at NPD (Rosemont, IL) in December 2013.

Interview

Interviewed with an account manager followed by the account director. Prepare to answer questions in the STAR format. Also make sure to be able to give an example or two of your intellectual curiosity, specifically in the sector in which your position is found, ie food, fashion, technology, etc.

Interview Questions

• Explaining with an example my intellectual curiosity for the subject matter of my choice.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I accepted an entry level position and did not negotiate my salary.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Washington, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NPD (Port Washington, NY).

Interview

The hiring process was straightforward. There was an initial phone screen and then one or two on-site interviews. The process moved along fairly rapidly.

Interview Questions

• There were no "trap" questions. Most interviews were fairly conversational, and focused on the type of work NPD is engaged in.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no meaningful negotiation.

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at NPD in November 2013.

Interview

Got a really quick phone interview with a hiring director, asking about some background information. Then had a on site interview with the hiring director. About 3 days later, met with on the hiring manger and EVP of Operation Department.

Interview Questions

• All the questions are about who you are, what you like and what is your future career plan. No difficult technical questions. All the questions focus on behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NPD.

Interview

Multiple phone interviews and in person discussions

Interview Questions

Negotiation

salary was flexible, benefits were not

Account Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NPD (Chicago, IL).

Interview

First contact was a screening call. Interviewer asked me to explain several areas of my resume and asked if I was comfortable with the job description. Next was an in-person interview with a second HR representative and then 2 members of the team. Each session was 30-45 minutes long, and questions were aimed at finding my level of comfortability with the role.

Interview Questions

• Was there ever a time when you were in a situation with an individual you didn't get along with? How did you handle the situation?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Wasn't able to negotiate much because I was starting out of college.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at NPD.

Interview

I had emailed a recruiter after my friend that was working at the company had recommended me to the hiring manager. I was excited to work at the same company that had been publishing excellent research and had exposure to Fortune 500 clients. I accepted a phone interview, however I was rudely awakened when I realized that the recruiter started the call by screaming at me and telling me to hurry up. I have completed several interviews, either phone, Skype, or in person, and I have never been treated so rudely in any of those situations. I was so shocked that I played along,but I ended up obviously not doing well because I felt I was being personally attacked.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult part was when the interviewer started yelling at me and making snide comments at my answers such as, "I asked you a yes or no question. Clearly you cannot follow instructions."   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Port Washington, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NPD (Port Washington, NY) in June 2013.

Interview

Had aphone interview and went well. i got called 3 weeks later for an in house interview. i called back the next day and the hr person sounded frazzled. they said they would call me back. i called later that day and left message. finally they called back and they called me days ago and they hired some one else. talk about fibbing.

Market Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NPD.

Interview

Did 3 rounds of interview, talked with all the team members I will work with. Teams are pretty different