NPD Research Manager Interview Questions & Reviews

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Research Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Rosemont, IL
Anonymous Employee in Rosemont, IL

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at NPD in May 2011.

After a phone interview with the recruiter, I was invited to the office to interview with one HR person, the person who would be my supervisor and their counterpart. This particular office had the excitement level of a funeral. The staff was very dry and it was clear that this was not going to be a good fit for anyone who enjoyed a laugh from time to time. I was told this in person interview would be the last step, so I was amazed that between a phone interview and three hours on-site a decision could be made. With competitors, there were several rounds of interviews on the phone and in person as well as an analytic skills test before any decisions were made. I am sure the entire organization is not this way, but this particular office seemed entirely outmoded. It was as though their business acumen was frozen in the late eighties/early nineties. Don't expect to shake things up over here!

Worked for NPD? Contribute to the Community!