NRECA Interview Questions

2.5

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied online. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at NRECA in April 2014.

I applied and received a call about two months later by a HR recruiter (Katina). I was initially impressed because the recruiter was so unusually friendly. When I came in for my interview, I was greeted by equally friendly HR members, who offered water and encouraged me to relax and be myself. The three people I met with were wonderful--very down to earth and genuinely nice people trying to gauge my experience and personality. The interview questions were typical, but they encouraged a lot of side conversation about where the company stood and what they really needed from the candidate. We connected well and I was offered a position within the week. I appreciated the process and people from start to finish.

Interview Questions
    • The writing test - a bit lengthy but a thorough test of communication skills.   Answer Question
    I set a good salary expectation that worked for my financial need. They met me where they could ($1500 less than desired salary) and I was fine with that

Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at NRECA.

Great, thorough, well thought out interview process.

Program Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 months - interviewed at NRECA.

Typical interview process. Talk with HR, then a couple senior managers.

Interview Questions
    Negotiations were squashed. It was take it or leave it.

Senior Client Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at NRECA in November 2010.

The interview process was very simple, if you are licensed chances of getting hired are higher. I had a phone interview at first with the hiring manager, we briefly discussed the reason why I was leaving my previous employer and why I was interested in that specific field. Later, I came in for a one-to-one interview with the manager, I went over my resume and she covered the position in detailed. Few days later, I came for a group interview, where each team-member, a group composed of 6-8 people, asked me two questions: one work related and another personal. The work environment is very friendly, everyone there is very down-to-earth and always willing to help.

Interview Questions
    • How do you explain complex investment terms to an average person?   Answer Question
    In 2010, the company had a salary freeze and a hiring freeze. However, the Investment department was immune to few things. We were subject to the salary freeze, but due to people switching jobs, they had to hire several people to replace those positions. NRECA, is a non-profit organization and budgets are done a year in advanced, so they already have a salary range in mind. It's hard to negotiate, it all depends if you have experienced and if you are licensed. If you come with the investment licenses, they get to save a lot of money on training.

Worked for NRECA? Contribute to the Community!