NSF International

9 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Junior Manager Interview

Junior Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at NSF International.

Interview Details – The interview process was unusually long and drawn out. There were half a dozen phone interviews with various people, multiple in-person interviews, a test and more. At times things went quickly, at other times there would be weeks with no responses. The whole process took three and a half months. I have to admit that at time I thought they just gave up. Luckily, I was not in any rush.

Interview Question – I was probably asked every normal interview question imaginable. There were no trick or unreasonable questions, just lots of questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was some negotiation but I truly felt it was all in good faith and both sides were seeking an agreement that everyone would be happy with.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Marketing Coordinator

Interviewed at NSF International

Interview Details – Process was overly extensive. First a screening call from HR, then in-person interview that took 3 hours, meeting with 6 different people. Then I had to come back again to meet with some senior managers, then a writing test.

Interview Question – The writing test was unexpected - for an entry level job, and after I had already met with so many other people!   Answer Question

Collections Representative Interview

Collections Representative
Ann Arbor, MI

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at NSF International in January 2014.

Interview Details – Was contacted by a company recruiter via email then followed up with a screening interview over the phone. I was asked to come in for an interview with the department head the following day. Mid-way through the interview, the rest of the department came in and were invited to ask me questions as well.

Interview Question – How do you like change?   View Answer

Sales Interview

Sales
Ann Arbor, MI

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at NSF International in July 2010.

Interview Details – Process was fairly straightforward. Submitted resume through their website, phone screen from HR and then Department Manager. From there a face to face interview with multiple people. Appears to be a concensious decision making process. Offer comes soon after face to face interviews and is usually a low ball offer.

Interview Question – None, very straightforward, it all depends on whom you are interviewing with for the position.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – NSF will low ball you as part of the interview process, so be prepared to counter.

Just Not Sure - Titles Change Too Much Interview

Just Not Sure - Titles Change Too Much

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at NSF International in February 2013.

Interview Details – They post a job. You apply for a job. Many (and I mean many) months later you "maybe" get called for an interview by phone. If they like you then you wait ...maybe another 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 months and then suddenly they are in a rush...and then afterward...nothing....silence....then maybe you get another call for another interview onsite with a team....and now maybe 4 or 6 months have passed...maybe your kids have graduated high school and are done with college by now...and suddenly you see the same job posted again but with yet another title or with more vague requirements....so the best advice is to yes, apply, but then take a job somewhere else. If a company does not know how to interview and bring people in, then a company odds are will not know what to do with them once they are employees. Very very slow. Too slow.

Food Safety Representative Interview

Food Safety Representative

I applied online - interviewed at NSF International in August 2013.

Interview Details – Received a phone call to get pre screened, took a personality test, an English test, and a math test all before first interview. The next steps are a first and second interview by phone and a third in person or Skype interview

Interview Question – You are asked what are things you would observe in a safety audit during the pre screen call.   Answer Question

Food Safety Representative Interview

Food Safety Representative
Lake Forest, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at NSF International in April 2013.

Interview Details – Just had my first phone interview. The questions: how did you get into food safety, what do you think this position will entail. The interviewer shared and described the three different areas/positions available in Food Safety at NSF. She asked me about how much I expect to make.

Interview Question – If you were doing an audit of an establishment, walk me through how you would conduct an inspection, i.e. what types of things would you look for?   View Answer

Retail Food Safety Representative Interview

Retail Food Safety Representative

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at NSF International in June 2010.

Interview Details – Interview was quite a long process. Pre-screen interview, phone interview with Territory Manager then another phone interview with the higher ups then another phone interview with higher ups. Process is roughly 5 interviews.

Interview Question – Interview questions pertained to job descriptions.   Answer Question

Lab Tech Interview

Lab Tech

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at NSF International in December 2011.

Interview Details – Met with seven people who asked the same questions. Interview lasted about a few hours and I.felt like I had already been to work. Only to not get selected, I was in the air the whole time about salary. You would think.at least one of the 7 people would have. Said something. Seems like a good company to advance in your career. I completely wasted my time

Interview Questions

Worked for NSF International? Contribute to the Community!