NSU (Nova Southeastern University)

www.nova.edu

NSU (Nova Southeastern University) Interview Questions

Updated Jan 14, 2015
Updated Jan 14, 2015

2.5

Customer Service Representative Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NSU (Nova Southeastern University).

Very Casual. Phone interview with three people and then in person interview with the same three people.The interviewers made me feel very comfortable. After the interview they walk me around the call center area.

Interview Questions
    • Phone Interview:
      What is your customer service philosophy?
      Tell me about a time you worked on a group project without support for your team members and how did you handle it?

In person Interview:
      Tell me about a time you had a difficult customer and how did you handle it?
      Why should we select you?
      Tell me about a time you handled a situation without the presence of a supervisor?
      Tell me about a time when you received constructive criticism?
      Tell me about a time when you helped a coworker?
      Tell me abou a time you had to work with a supervisor that had a different work style?

Answer Question

Associate Professor Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at NSU (Nova Southeastern University).

There is a Search Committee who schedule the interview and run the interview. It is about a morning and afternoon schedule, having in between the lunch presentation.
    The interview was scheduled on a Friday, with the possibility to spend the whole weekend in Fort Lauderdale.

Interview Questions
    At the Dean level, face-to-face.

Office Assistant Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at NSU (Nova Southeastern University).

I initially heard found out about the job opening from a friend, so I went ahead and sent over my CV along with a cover letter. Via email I was asked to come for an interview. The interview process was fairly easy. I questions that were typically asked like why do I want to work there. After the interview it took about 2 weeks to be notified that I got the position. The office was very lively, the people were friendly once they warmed up to a new presence in the office.

Interview Questions
    • The most outlandish question I received was what kind of appliance I would be if I could chose   Answer Question

Research Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at NSU (Nova Southeastern University).

I first received a phone call from the direct supervisor, expressing interest in having me come in to the office (i would be working from) to conduct an interview. I scheduled the interview for a few days later. The interview was very casual, with the direct supervisor and another project manager. Basic questions were asked about my past research experience. It was an opportunity to get to know my personality. As soon as I left the interview (on my way home), I received a phone call from the direct supervisor asking me to attend an interview at another office location with the Principal Investigators (PI's) of the study. I scheduled that interview for a couple days later.
    The second interview was just as casual as the first. The two PI's along with another research associate participated in the interview. The head PI explained that he just wanted to meet me. They also asked me a few questions about my past research experience. The interview was very short, I was surprised. I felt like they literally just wanted to meet me.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, just questions about your past experience.   Answer Question
    No negotiations, I was satisfied with the offer.

Transcript Evaluation Specialist Counselor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at NSU (Nova Southeastern University) in September 2014.

Applied online. Got a call 4 weeks later to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview had 3-5 people on conference call. Got a call the same day for on-campus interview. Campus is very large and parking difficult. Interviewed with 3 people in a conference room. Did another interview with manager of department. No call back as to whether position had been filled. Checked online and position was updated to filled about 3 weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you had to deal with a difficult customer and how did you get through it.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Phone interview followed by in-person interview in front of a panel. Presented themselves well, however, interviewing was coordinated by the receptionist. I arrived early and was not greeted until 15 minutes after my scheduled start time.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation offered, job was offered via telephone from HR then a fractured, disorganized hiring process with various branches of HR.

Adjuct Faculty Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at NSU (Nova Southeastern University).

I prepared a curriculum proposal a year ago but there was little interest at the time. I continued to talk to different people in the center. When a need arose that resembled my proposal, one of the people I had pitched to recommended me for the new class.

Interview Questions
    • It was the perfect situation of employer wanting what you are selling at the opportune time. It was not a difficult process - but I did have to pass scrutiny by a committee. I did not know what the expectations and criteria are, so that was nerve-wracking.   View Answer
    I did not negotiate. I was too happy to have the opportunity to pursue my passion - I would have done it for free, if asked.

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at NSU (Nova Southeastern University) in May 2014.

Applied online around March and received a call in May. Application online was easy to follow to also include your resume. Received call for the position and was interviewed within a week. Upfront about job description and expectations. Very professional and courteous.

Interview Questions
    • How to handle a difficult customer and how would you resolve the problem/issue.   Answer Question

Graphic Artist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at NSU (Nova Southeastern University).

There were two interviews which took place over two month period. There was a required test to prove your capabilities and computer knowledge. The interview questions were easy. The overall hiring process was longer than it needed to be, considering the position. I was given a fair opportunity to interview the employer as well.

Interview Questions
    • There were none. The questions were associated with the field but still very generic.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation which was made clear in the interview process.

Admissions Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied through college or university – interviewed at NSU (Nova Southeastern University) in February 2014.

There were four people on the conference call, all reading each question as is but expecting you to figure out what were they actually asking of you.

Interview Questions
    • How do I handle working with an employee I don't like.   Answer Question